Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

drod1985

This sounds like a DHS monorail was planned and cancelled. Where can I learn more about this?

Also, @wdwmagic shared pics of the new GE display at DHS.

I freakin' love the Resistance Intersystem Transport. It's like a U-Wing and a Corellian Corvette had a baby. The line on the placard that says "it is equipped with forward and rear guns to repel any pirate attack during transport" seems like it could be a hint towards the ride storyline?

I wish the First Order Walker had a new designation since it's a little smaller.

Goofyernmost

This sounds like a DHS monorail was planned and cancelled. Where can I learn more about this?

I freakin' love the Resistance Intersystem Transport. It's like a U-Wing and a Corellian Corvette had a baby. The line on the placard that says "it is equipped with forward and rear guns to repel any pirate attack during transport" seems like it could be a hint towards the ride storyline?

I wish the First Order Walker had a new designation since it's a little smaller.
The is a difference between being briefly thought about and being planned. The only original plan that may or may not be true was to extend the monorail to Disney Springs area. To my knowledge that was the closest it ever came to coming into existence.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The "plan" was for monorails everywhere! But after the MK/Epcot one was built, those plans got no further and were eventually scrapped. "True believers" still think it's happening (it's not) and say there are already concrete footers for the expansion (there aren't any) and that the 'black box' in the Dolphin is for a monorail station (it's not -- impossibly not -- given how narrow the Dolphin would be at that cross section).

A live Muppet show at DHS once had a monorail crashing on stage (a fake facade of one), thus my joke about where its footers are (which don't exist) tweaking the noses of "true believers."

And now you know. 🌈🌟

flynnibus

Premium Member
Regarding the crowds at DHS, in addition to updating the shows (and running them more frequently), they would do well to (1) run a daytime parade again and (2) add regular shows to the Sunset Showcase space as well as a daytime show to the Fantasmic theater. Basically, they really need to use every existing space in the park to the fullest extend to keep people entertained.

The stage shows and first order march kind of fill that void today... they get tons of people... without locking up the entire main fare too much. Tho a quality parade like DCA has had would be nice.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
From Bioreconstruct on Twitter (I guess this will be one of the big advantages to Toy Story Land being open)...

Dg9NtF4VQAAKN8v.jpg:large

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The is a difference between being briefly thought about and being planned. The only original plan that may or may not be true was to extend the monorail to Disney Springs area. To my knowledge that was the closest it ever came to coming into existence.
Off topic, but the MGM monorail was very much a planned to happen thing. Much more than briefly thought about.

I’ve posted some plans somewhere in these very forums.

Goofyernmost

Disney World is so far behind. It won't matter in the long run but Disneyland definitely gets to steal the thunder of the opening.
That was the plan. They were never going to be done at the same time. The thunder is in California. I live on the east coast, I won't hear the thunder from here. On the plus side we always get to see the sunrise and sunset way before they do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom