Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

580D5504-9FC0-480E-BEC7-2277FE1D67D2.jpeg

TJJohn12

What do they water the trees with to make them grow so fast?

OK, so serious answer? There are imagineer arborists who tree-scout for the best trees to use for a given location, then buy and transplant them. They speak of the trees as if they're casting a role in a film. It's really kinda cool. Learned that one from "The Imagineering Workout."

sedati

OK, so serious answer? There are imagineer arborists who tree-scout for the best trees to use for a given location, then buy and transplant them. They speak of the trees as if they're casting a role in a film. It's really kinda cool. Learned that one from "The Imagineering Workout."
Just north of Animal Kingdom you can see this:
Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.06.12 PM.png

Here's an old, but good article about WDW Horticulture:
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/08/0827_030828_greendisney.html

sedati

If you look at the (X) I've marked on this pic taken from plethorist.com:
star-wars-land-disneyland-orlando-7.jpg

Some have speculated that this is the exit for Battle Escape, but I'm pretty sure it might just be a backstage gate leading to the path separating the two massive showbuildings.

I believe the exit for the ride can be seen in this photo taken from slashfilm:
IMG_40211.jpg

It would make sense for the ride to exit roughly where it begins. I've also marked the entrance to the shuttle which I've explained previously, could be where we enter the preshow attraction.

The large horizontal cylinder structure seems to be the huge engine nozzle from a crashed ship- very evocative of where we first meet Rey scavenging in the Force Awakens. I've looked for better photos of this, but no one seems to have caught it at a good angle. The photo above was the only one where the path out of it was at least partially visible. The opposite end ploughs right into the ground along with another petrified spire, all surrounded by planters, so there's no other way leading inside, which makes me more certain this is an exit-only. The structure ends just to the left of the large opening illustrated in the top pic.

So what I'm wondering (and speculating) is this:
How exactly do we escape this battle? We know there is a section of the ride building that spans from the basement to the full height of the structure. Imagine a scene that will put the Spider-man skyscraper plummet to shame. As I said before, if the ride takes us from Batuu up to the orbiting Star Destroyer (the preshow) then it has to get us back down to Batuu by the end. So, if the engine wreck is the exit, then that also puts it just outside the full height portion of the showbuilding. So, my speculation is that the ride's finale is a crash landing, and we emerge from out the wreckage.

This structure is also quite large- if what I've guessed is true, could we even hope for some kind of post-show?

...or maybe it's just a gift shop
... or a bathroom.

Haymarket2008

If you look at the (X) I've marked on this pic taken from plethorist.com:
View attachment 260222

Some have speculated that this is the exit for Battle Escape, but I'm pretty sure it might just be a backstage gate leading to the path separating the two massive showbuildings.

I believe the exit for the ride can be seen in this photo taken from slashfilm:
View attachment 260224

It would make sense for the ride to exit roughly where it begins. I've also marked the entrance to the shuttle which I've explained previously, could be where we enter the preshow attraction.

The large horizontal cylinder structure seems to be the huge engine nozzle from a crashed ship- very evocative of where we first meet Rey scavenging in the Force Awakens. I've looked for better photos of this, but no one seems to have caught it at a good angle. The photo above was the only one where the path out of it was at least partially visible. The opposite end ploughs right into the ground along with another petrified spire, all surrounded by planters, so there's no other way leading inside, which makes me more certain this is an exit-only. The structure ends just to the left of the large opening illustrated in the top pic.

So what I'm wondering (and speculating) is this:
How exactly do we escape this battle? We know there is a section of the ride building that spans from the basement to the full height of the structure. Imagine a scene that will put the Spider-man skyscraper plummet to shame. As I said before, if the ride takes us from Batuu up to the orbiting Star Destroyer (the preshow) then it has to get us back down to Batuu by the end. So, if the engine wreck is the exit, then that also puts it just outside the full height portion of the showbuilding. So, my speculation is that the ride's finale is a crash landing, and we emerge from out the wreckage.

This structure is also quite large- if what I've guessed is true, could we even hope for some kind of post-show?

...or maybe it's just a gift shop
... or a bathroom.

I totally agree with your perceptions. And you are probably right. I do think that the large "engine" wouldn't be a wreck directly from the end of the attraction. Mainly because the "engine" will be in full sight of everyone walking IN to the beginning of the ride/enjoying the land. That would be incongruous to the timeline of events, ya know?

Slowjack

If, like Logan 5, I'm asking a question that has already been answered, I apologize. But I'm wondering if we know how Star Wars land will impact future fireworks shows at the Studios or whatever the park will be called then. I know they've recently done some minor work to dress up the projection towers in front of the Chinese Theater. But while the new fireworks launch sites line up poorly with the theater, it looks like they would line up great with Star Wars land. Are there any thoughts of moving the nighttime show there?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If, like Logan 5, I'm asking a question that has already been answered, I apologize. But I'm wondering if we know how Star Wars land will impact future fireworks shows at the Studios or whatever the park will be called then. I know they've recently done some minor work to dress up the projection towers in front of the Chinese Theater. But while the new fireworks launch sites line up poorly with the theater, it looks like they would line up great with Star Wars land. Are there any thoughts of moving the nighttime show there?

Because they're creating the land so that you can't see anything outside of it... it would make seeing the fireworks also problematic. For some alleyways that point to the fireworks, you'll be able to see it from the far end of that alleyway, but the view area is very small and limited.

Slowjack

Because they're creating the land so that you can't see anything outside of it... it would make seeing the fireworks also problematic. For some alleyways that point to the fireworks, you'll be able to see it from the far end of that alleyway, but the view area is very small and limited.
I see what you mean, but it's a shame that the fireworks launch essentially doesn't line up with anything useful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I see what you mean, but it's a shame that the fireworks launch essentially doesn't line up with anything useful.

Well... to the left the the Chinese Theater is the Hyperion Theater. All they'd have to do is build a facade from another famous theater to the right of the Chinese Theater, and if you're in the hub, and face that theater, everything would align.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom