Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

sedati

I loved Rogue One so much I feel it ranks #3 for me personally. I think the only thing I didn’t love was the opening and some of the score was lacking a bit...but being back in that time period was a real treat.
I loved "Rogue One" as well. I feel it was a great stepping stone for a first film outside the numbered saga.

maleficentfan

I love that Blog Mickey points out the courtyard that is being built for the Millennium Falcon. In fact, some users on Google Earth just found its hiding spot!

falcon.jpg

http://nbc4i.com/2017/11/09/google-maps-reveals-disneys-hiding-place-for-millenium-falcon/

danlb_2000

Premium Member

bclane

No, its just in 'storage' near the studio. Big set, so they couldn't keep it on the immediate property, and they know they'll need it for EP IX and probably other things, so they didn't destroy it.
That makes sense. Thanks for the info! btw, if those are 40 foot containers, that really is a big set. Very impressive!

...it's a yungle

Daveeeeed

:geek: WOWSER!
The scale of this project...particularly displayed in the latter pics!

Dear Harry,

Enjoy the spotlight while you have it and thank you for your impressive little world at Uni.
But, the utmost of thanks, for waking the sleeping giant.

Sincerely,
Walt's fandom:cool:
I don't think Star Wars Land will take away how awesome the Potter Lands are, or Cars Land, Africa, Mysterious Island, DLP's Frontierland, or many other lands, but Star Wars is going to set the bar high! Galaxy's Edge is seriously going to make people reconsider what immersion is. It rocks!

bclane

I think the concept of expanding beyond Lucas' "soap-opera" is where the Star Wars Galaxy has needed to go. There's so much on the table to offer. At the same time, I just hope that they won't forget about what makes Star Wars great, and will revisit the franchise's core when the next trilogy is done.
I agree. There is so many directions they could go with this. Of course most of the talk is to go back about 4000 years and do a Knights of the Old Republic era trilogy (which would be fantastic). But there is also talk of going even further back...perhaps way back. They could even go back before the Republic was born. Whatever they do, I'll likely be stoked about it because I have 100% confidence that Rian Johnson is the right guy for this. And to think, I was disappointed that he wasn't doing IX. But this is so much better!

matt9112

Character-wise, yes, but Rogue One was intrinsically tied to New Hope. This new trilogy should be like kicking the baby bird out of the nest to see if it can fly on its own.

the best part of rouge one had nothing to do with the story line tie in to a new hope....it was the best star wars movie I had ever seen. and I'm a fan. episode 7 was a dumpster compared to rouge one.

No Name

Nobody should be surprised to hear them announce three more movies. They are milking the cow like no cow has been milked before. The Force Awakens was a big deal. Rogue One confused some folks but was still a fairly big deal. When their success slopes downward with future movies every year, will they learn?

Not sure why Star Wars fans like seeing the franchise fall.

Last edited:

britain

Nobody should be surprised to hear them announce three more movies. They are milking the cow like no cow has been milked before. The Force Awakens was a big deal. Rogue One confused some folks but was still a fairly big deal. When their success slopes downward, maybe they'll learn. Probably they won't.

I predict that this new trilogy will act as a 'buffer' between episode 9 and a new 10,11,12 trilogy. They know that a large part of the excitement over The Force Awakens was a build up of nostalgia. Since they are committed to pumping out movies each year from now until forever, they're not actually going to have any 'downtime'. But they can spend about 7 years letting Rey/Finn/Kylo/Poe age a bit, and then have a big hyped-up return for Ep 10.

2017: Ep 8
2018: Solo
2019: Ep 9
2020: Kenobi?
2021: New Trilogy #1 ?
2022: Solo 2?
2023: New Trilogy #2 ?
2024: Boba Fett?
2025: New Trilogy #3 ?
2026: Solo 3?
2027: Ep 10 (Hey, that'll be Star Wars 50th Anniversary too!)

And on, and on...

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Nobody should be surprised to hear them announce three more movies. They are milking the cow like no cow has been milked before. The Force Awakens was a big deal. Rogue One confused some folks but was still a fairly big deal. When their success slopes downward with future movies every year, will they learn?

Not sure why Star Wars fans like seeing the franchise fall.
Will they learn? I lost interest in Marvel a long time ago with the mass amount of movies that have come out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom