Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

CaptainAmerica

It will, the phrase used "you will get to control the M.Falcon on a secret mission" or some other statement, that is not Star Tours that is another simulation attraction - probably next gen Mission Space.
I think it's the second described attraction that *could* be Star Tours, not the Falcon one.

These authentic lands will have two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission, and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle.

YodaMan

My biggest concern is not them using the existing land, I am totally ok with that. My concern is about the thematic differences between Hollywood BLVD and Star Wars. They are going to need to do something pretty impressive to keep the two lands from bleeding into each other, and destroying their individual illusions of place making.

Honestly I'm okay with them doing the "Studios Arch" approach that someone else suggested. You enter through Hollywood Blvd and walk through Old Hollywood and see the Chinese Theatre at the end of the road. To the right you have a Pixar Arch which leads to Toy Story Land and into Monsters/Cars/Whatever Pixar Property Replaces LMA. To the right of the Pixar Arch you have an arch which leads to current Animation Courtyard and whatever ends up there (Disney Animation refurb? Marvel? Some giant land that connects to RnRC and whatever the retheme is?). To the left of the theatre there's a Henson Arch that leads down Commisary Lane to Muppets. To the left of the Henson Arch is a Lucasfilm Arch which leads to Star Wars Land.

Nice way to keep the theme of Hollywood and films and entering the worlds of those films while keeping all the lands separate and yet easily accessible.

ToTBellHop

It will, the phrase used "you will get to control the M.Falcon on a secret mission" or some other statement, that is not Star Tours that is another simulation attraction - probably next gen Mission Space.
I would have thought that too until Ignohippo came and shook my confidence and reminded me that this is the company that kept a wall from 20K for Under the Sea and physically cut into the Superstar Limo facade to make Monsters Inc instead of building a new one.

SirLink

I would have thought that too until Ignohippo came and shook my confidence and reminded me that this is the company that kept a wall from 20K for Under the Sea and physically cut into the Superstar Limo facade to make Monsters Inc instead of building a new one.

Put it this way Brown Derby and 50s Prime Time make too much money in that park on Food + Bev, would they be saved in any park expansion? Yes. Its not getting dropped on Echo Lake .

ctrlaltdel

I think it's the second described attraction that *could* be Star Tours, not the Falcon one.

These authentic lands will have two signature attractions, including the ability to take the controls of one of the most recognizable ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission, and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle.
I could be wrong, but it looked like the concept art for the climatic battle seemed to indicate it would be a ground battle, which would lead me to believe that Star Tours wouldn't fit.

Either way, here's how I see. We get either:
A. 2 new rides along with ST (Best-case scenario)
B. 2 new rides, with one of them replacing ST (could be really good if rid replacing ST is bigger and better) or,
C. 1 new ride, "Upgraded" ST is the other. (worst-case scenario)

Frankie The Beer

Their numbers are way off, unless they are spinning them so as not to alarm Wall St.
That wouldn't shock me at all. The big word on the Street is how the Star Wars expansion will be a huge revenue generator, as it should. The stock is almost up 2 dollars today based on last weekends news with a possible 2 billion dollar investment among traders. But then again, stock market pundits behind pay walls also think Star Wars will offset ESPN losses, so the jury is still out.

CaptainAmerica

I could be wrong, but it looked like the concept art for the climatic battle seemed to indicate it would be a ground battle, which would lead me to believe that Star Tours wouldn't fit.

B. 2 new rides, with one of them replacing ST (could be really good if rid replacing ST is bigger and better) or,
Third possibility, but probably the least likely:

D. 2 new rides, Star Wars Land physically detached from where Star Tours currently is, and Star Tours rethemed to something else.

I'm sure @marni1971 could tell us which in about three seconds.

CaptainAmerica

That wouldn't shock me at all. The big word on the Street is how the Star Wars expansion will be a huge revenue generator, as it should. The stock is almost up 2 dollars today based on last weekends news with a possible 2 billion dollar investment among traders. But then again, stock market pundits behind pay walls also think Star Wars will offset ESPN losses, so the jury is still out.
Small technicality, but to be perfectly clear, ESPN will not have any "losses." They might have slower growth and print less money than they have in the past, but print money they shall.

odmichael

Honestly I'm okay with them doing the "Studios Arch" approach that someone else suggested. You enter through Hollywood Blvd and walk through Old Hollywood and see the Chinese Theatre at the end of the road. To the right you have a Pixar Arch which leads to Toy Story Land and into Monsters/Cars/Whatever Pixar Property Replaces LMA. To the right of the Pixar Arch you have an arch which leads to current Animation Courtyard and whatever ends up there (Disney Animation refurb? Marvel? Some giant land that connects to RnRC and whatever the retheme is?). To the left of the theatre there's a Henson Arch that leads down Commisary Lane to Muppets. To the left of the Henson Arch is a Lucasfilm Arch which leads to Star Wars Land.

Nice way to keep the theme of Hollywood and films and entering the worlds of those films while keeping all the lands separate and yet easily accessible.
Called it:
PUrG1wE.jpg

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneys-hollywood-studios-name-change.896960/page-18#post-6599975

Mawg

No way to B, Disney would never rip something out that they can re-theme.

Ragetti

Personally, I'd love the Dinosaur/Indy-type ride system for that. Sorta the same deal as how in Star Tours you wind up in the middle of a space battle, or pod race (or whatever), you find yourself surrounded on all sides by a battle.... animatronic stormies, Kylo Ren, Good guys... I'd love it.

Ignohippo

Logic would say yes, but this is Disney. Sometimes their cheapness defies logic. It's relatively cheap to create new clips for Star Tours to appease the masses that continue to come to the park for fewer and fewer attractions and then close it for the retheme once Toy Story Land (something new! Book a hotel room, honey!) is on line. Bob Iger clearly wants some immediate milking of the reinvigorated Star Wars property.

I have zero info on what is happening with Star Tours or details on the two attractions but it takes nearly nothing (besides the animation and initial programming) to add new destinations.

Adding new destinations to Star Tours this year wouldn't prohibit them from upgrading the ride again in 3 years.

Personally, I can't imagine they would use Star Tours as one of the new attractions, but I have no idea either way.

Ignohippo

Put it this way Brown Derby and 50s Prime Time make too much money in that park on Food + Bev, would they be saved in any park expansion? Yes. Its not getting dropped on Echo Lake .

Prime Time is staying but is getting re-themed. It will still be character dining (obviously it must be SW characters though).

Brown Derby is on the other side and is not part of the expansion.

PhotoDave219

Again have you verified it with multiple sources... @marni1971, @Lee, @PhotoDave219 couldn't get up to date plans of Star Wars yet someone has risked their multiple NDAs to provide you with evidence. I'm stating your sources might not have the most up to date information.

I think at this point it's too early to tell exactly which way this is going.

There's a lot of purposeful misinformation Being put out here and I'm not sure what to think at this point.

I can neither prove not disprove it.

ToTBellHop

I have zero info on what is happening with Star Tours or details on the two attractions but it takes nearly nothing (besides the animation and initial programming) to add new destinations.

Adding new destinations to Star Tours this year wouldn't prohibit them from upgrading the ride again in 3 years.

Personally, I can't imagine they would use Star Tours as one of the new attractions, but I have no idea either way.
The height of the mountains suggests a large ride building behind what we are seeing, and neither the cantina nor Star Tours are tall, so I'm hoping that means there is a large E on the left as you enter (Indy) and one behind (to the east of) the Cantina and Star Tours. Please please please please please.

odmichael

Here's a question that should be easy to answer: if the Falcon ride is Star Tours and the LPS E ticket overtakes Indy as we expect, is the land 14 acres? If not, we can deduce that the Falcon ride is a separate (novel) ride, most likely with a queue snaking between Star Tours and the Cantina.
LPS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom