Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

Got to give you credit it doesn't take much to spark up your optimism. It's just sad that it all means nothing. But, eventually it will become obvious. So, if it makes you happy... just keep on believin'.

I am shocked I got this one right actually. Though I shouldn't be. :cat:

2021 seems reasonably optimistic at this stage. WDW might even start vertical construction soon.

Omnikron

Saw the crane up today as well. We might see many of the piling work done by late November or early December.

IMG_0396.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The tortoise passes the hare.

Yes, because they haven't brought any cranes on site for DL yet, oh wait....

upload_2016-11-6_6-42-1.png

.. and DL's basement for the battle attractions is getting rebar to prepare for the concrete walls but last we saw DHS's hadn't even started excavation yet. Note that I am not trying to convince you, because I know that's impossible, I am just trying to be sure a new comer doesn't stumble across this and believe what you say.

Also, some may point out that a lot of the DL work is for Rivers of America. True, but some of the ROA work will also form the berm for the land which will also have to be built at DHS, and has yet to be started.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I am shocked I got this one right actually. Though I shouldn't be. :cat:

2021 seems reasonably optimistic at this stage. WDW might even start vertical construction soon.
Yup, and I might be given the title of breathing individual if they get here soon enough. Out of pure boredom, what exactly are you right about? I know I shouldn't ask, but, I have to know what logic, if any, you are using for your basis of opinion. Are we even talking about the same things here? 2021 is 5 years away. One could build a theme park out of toothpicks in that amount of time. So please tell me what the target of 2021 refers too?

jt04

Yup, and I might be given the title of breathing individual if they get here soon enough. Out of pure boredom, what exactly are you right about? I know I shouldn't ask, but, I have to know what logic, if any, you are using for your basis of opinion. Are we even talking about the same things here? 2021 is 5 years away. One could build a theme park out of toothpicks in that amount of time. So please tell me what the target of 2021 refers too?

We had some folks here claim that Star Wars would not open at WDW until "2021 if at all". Even within the last few months certain voices were insinuating SWL at WDW might be canceled even though Iger has a 100% track record on his announcements.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We had some folks here claim that Star Wars would not open at WDW until "2021 if at all". Even within the last few months certain voices were insinuating SWL at WDW might be canceled even though Iger has a 100% track record on his announcements.
One voice. Who's usually as wrong as you are.

But like clockwork you turn up and try and spin someone else's post.

So again, like Goof asked, what did you mean by 2021 is optimistic?

jt04

Yes, because they haven't brought any cranes on site for DL yet, oh wait....

View attachment 173557

.. and DL's basement for the battle attractions is getting rebar to prepare for the concrete walls but last we saw DHS's hadn't even started excavation yet. Note that I am not trying to convince you, because I know that's impossible, I am just trying to be sure a new comer doesn't stumble across this and believe what you say.

Also, some may point out that a lot of the DL work is for Rivers of America. True, but some of the ROA work will also form the berm for the land which will also have to be built at DHS, and has yet to be started.

We get nearly real time updates from DL. The current status of the Florida side is not known. But we do know that it is moving quickly now and that less rebar and support structure will be needed. Also, once they drive in supports they can go vertical as is seen in TSL. DL infrastructure seems a bit different in this instance. Time will tell.

jt04

One voice. Who's usually as wrong as you are.

But like clockwork you turn up and try and spin someone else's post.

So again, like Goof asked, what did you mean by 2021 is optimistic?

I was using 2021 sarcastically which, granted, I usually don't do.

And that "if ever" quote was not from 91. Rather it was 74. Said the same thing about Shanghai. And the FLE. And Pandora. And Disney Springs. And a potential 5th gate. And Marvel at WDW.

I see a track record here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom