Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

The tail end of this decade looks amazing for Orlando theme parks. Avatar, Volcano Bay, Star Wars, and Nintendo. Maybe one or two surprises along the way as well. As long as Tower remains untouched all is well :cool:

Well put. This might just be the most exciting time ever to be a theme park fan (and not just in Orlando, as huge investment and innovation is happening worldwide).

As long as the world's greatest theme park attraction doesn't get "rethemed," that is.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We get nearly real time updates from DL. The current status of the Florida side is not known. But we do know that it is moving quickly now and that less rebar and support structure will be needed. Also, once they drive in supports they can go vertical as is seen in TSL. DL infrastructure seems a bit different in this instance. Time will tell.

Latest update from DHS was around October 20th, so we have a pretty good idea where they are at, and I see no evidence of them moving quickly at DHS. Remember we are not debating which will open first, we are debating which is further ahead at this moment, so time doesn't enter in to it.

YodaMan

Latest update from DHS was around October 20th, so we have a pretty good idea where they are at, and I see no evidence of them moving quickly at DHS. Remember we are not debating which will open first, we are debating which is further ahead at this moment, so time doesn't enter in to it.

The construction access road is nearly complete. Whether or not that being done will affect the speed of construction is the real question.

jt04

The construction access road is nearly complete. Whether or not that being done will affect the speed of construction is the real question.

You mean 'another' construction access road I think. Because there is already construction equipment on site.

jt04

Sorry. I guess I missed the official announcement.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You mean 'another' construction access road I think. Because there is already construction equipment on site.

There is equipment on site but there has not been a dedicated access road. They made a small opening directly on to World Drive from backstage and I assume other equipment was being brought in through normal means. The dedicated access road will be important for bringing materials in since there isn't a lot of extra space to stage materials on site, that's why they are building a staging area on the other side of Osceola.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is the new access road marked in yellow. As of this picture there was still small piece to be finished that will allow equipment on to north bound World Drive. You can also see in this picture then new ramp from Osceola to the entrance road and they start of what will eventually be the new ramp connecting Osceola to World Drive North.
upload_2016-11-6_19-5-47.png

HauntedMansionFLA

There is equipment on site but there has not been a dedicated access road. They made a small opening directly on to World Drive from backstage and I assume other equipment was being brought in through normal means. The dedicated access road will be important for bringing materials in since there isn't a lot of extra space to stage materials on site, that's why they are building a staging area on the other side of Osceola.
Is the best way to track the progress of this project, besides pictures/ video, are to follow the permits that you post on this site?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom