Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mouse_Trap

So looking at the announcement, they're adding a new mission to the existing Star Wars ride, and a new spinner ride...which like Dumbo you get to control your every own ship....moving it up & down and side to side; all whilst travelling (spinning) around the universe (central core axis).
Definitely a new restaurant selling all the latest junk and tat from the new movies.

Can't contain my excitment. Not.

Still, at least its not another Soarin' clone and a cheap TSMM overlay to make it shooting light sabres.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So looking at the announcement, they're adding a new mission to the existing Star Wars ride, and a new spinner ride...which like Dumbo you get to control your every own ship....moving it up & down and side to side; all whilst travelling (spinning) around the universe (central core axis).
Definitely a new restaurant selling all the latest junk and tat from the new movies.

Still, at least its not another Soarin' clone and a cheap TSMM overlay to make it shooting light sabres.

o_O

Yes, all of WDW's land is pretty low lying, but some land is worse then others. The RCID master plan lays out the suitability each section of the land. Red is suitable, light green is marginally suitable, dark green is unsuitable. They are going to always favor the suitable land when they can.

View attachment 106188

As a good example of this, they have recently built a new laundry facility where I have marked in red. The blue line is the access road. Notice how they routed it to avoid the unsuitable land.

View attachment 106189

If what you say is true (and it does appear that way because I Googled the report), then not only is this land in question not going to be utilized for SW but DHS has no where else to expand in the future (other than the parking lot). I wonder if ticket prices will go down once they close a bunch more rides to make room for these new attractions? :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If what you say is true (and it does appear that way because I Googled the report), then not only is this land in question not going to be utilized for SW but DHS has no where else to expand in the future (other than the parking lot). I wonder if ticket prices will go down once they close a bunch more rides to make room for these new attractions? :)

Parking lot, or across world drive. There is also a small area down by Osceola.

Mouse Trap

Let's make it clear this user and I share a similar username, but do not share similar viewpoints.

I am very excited for the Star Wars expansion and did not totally misread or mishear any statements regarding the area.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Satire or drugs?

PhotoDave219

Well @danlb_2000 is the governmental paperwork guy around these parts. If Disney has to file a permit with anyone to do anything, he seems to find it.

God bless bureaucracy....

PhotoDave219

Considering they really didnt announce much of anything, I'm not sure how you can draw those conclusions....

jensenrick

Sure, each of those has between 1 and 2 new rides (depending on how you count hippogriff & express), but neither is anywhere near 14 acres.

Just saying, 2 exceptional attractions, AND all the great immersive stuff that goes with an excellent themed environment- 14 acres, is an excellent size.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Actually Diagon is 20 acres (not that it is, or should be, a competition).
Just saying, 2 exceptional attractions, AND all the great immersive stuff that goes with an excellent themed environment- 14 acres, is an excellent size.

Even being generous with my outline I still only come up with 7 acres....

[Edit] Adding in the IOA part brings it up to 20.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

jensenrick

Even being generous with my outline I still only come up with 7 acres....

[Edit] Adding in the IOA part brings it up to 20.

View attachment 106210

Okay, I was wrong. I was quoting a figure I got from a CNN article about the addition. My bad.

I still believe that we are not being "short-changed" or however by having "just" 2 new rides on 14 acres. If they are as awesome as I'd hope, and the area is as well themed as the artwork suggests, I am more than happy. If that puts me in the minority (shrug) nothing new there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Okay, I was wrong. I was quoting a figure I got from a CNN article about the addition. My bad.

I still believe that we are not being "short-changed" or however by having "just" 2 new rides on 14 acres. If they are as awesome as I'd hope, and the area is as well themed as the artwork suggests, I am more than happy. If that puts me in the minority (shrug) nothing new there.

I agree, I have said it before, I never understood where the expectation of more then 2 rides in an expansion came from, since it is the norm.

jensenrick

I agree, I have said it before, I never understood where the expectation of more then 2 rides in an expansion came from, since it is the norm.

Exactly! In fact, I'm grateful they didn't shoehorn in something tiny, like a spinner, just to up the ride total. As amazing as this new area looks, I want the time and opportunity to just walk around and soak it in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom