Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

odmichael

It may not be DHS but Avatar will be extravagantly unique. Something like Star Wars I have no problem being shared. It's absolutely huge.
Yes Star Wars may be one of my few exceptions that SHOULD be shared. For the sake of Park maximum Occupancy and Land Maximum Occupancy, which I didn't even realize was a thing until WWOHP, please provide 2 lands and make them slightly unique.

I don't want to get closed out of a land because it got too crowded. It's just rediculous.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes Star Wars may be one of my few exceptions that SHOULD be shared. For the sake of Park maximum Occupancy and Land Maximum Occupancy, which I didn't even realize was a thing until WWOHP, please provide 2 lands and make them slightly unique.

I don't want to get closed out of a land because it got too crowded. It's just rediculous.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen when Star Wars Land first opens.

Mike S

The original announcement of the Avatar deal implied that it would go into multiple resorts. I don't know if it was ever planned to copy all of Avatarland or if there are even plans anymore to go beyond AK.
Yes but since then it's been heavily implied by our insiders that plans for other resorts are pretty much dead at this point. Tokyo didn't want it and neither did Paris.

Mike S

Avatar will anchor the third park at DL. :)
A third park at Disneyland anchored by Sci-Fi type universes would've been great. Star Wars, Avatar, Asgard (Thor), Knowhere (GotG), etc. Asgard could've even been the centerpiece with the Bifrost leading to the other lands. Would've completely avoided the SWL in DL controversy and would've been a much better use of Marvel than what's rumored for DCA.

odmichael

A third park at Disneyland anchored by Sci-Fi type universes would've been great. Star Wars, Avatar, Asgard (Thor), Knowhere (GotG), etc. Asgard could've even been the centerpiece with the Bifrost leading to the other lands. Would've completely avoided the SWL in DL controversy and would've been a much better use of Marvel than what's rumored for DCA.
Never really thought about it. But that would be really cool.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The original announcement of the Avatar deal implied that it would go into multiple resorts. I don't know if it was ever planned to copy all of Avatarland or if there are even plans anymore to go beyond AK.
It was planned to clone to WDSP. Pretty sure one of the oriental parks was earmarked for it too.

Daveeeeed

It was planned to clone to WDSP. Pretty sure one of the oriental parks was earmarked for it too.
Any chance of Marvel going to Walt Disney Studios? I feel like that park if they would make the area around Crush a Nemo mini-land with a new ride, fix up the left side of the park while making it pretty to look at, make the street to the backlot tour a Hollywood Boulevard type street, and then have Marvel in the back it would be phenomenal. The rides like tot, crush, and Ratatouille were the only reason we went to that park, and not solely Disneyland Park Paris.

odmichael

Any chance of Marvel going to Walt Disney Studios? I feel like that park if they would make the area around Crush a Nemo mini-land with a new ride, fix up the left side of the park while making it pretty to look at, make the street to the backlot tour a Hollywood Boulevard type street, and then have Marvel in the back it would be phenomenal. The rides like tot, crush, and Ratatouille were the only reason we went to that park, and not solely Disneyland Park Paris.
I wish Epcot would get the Ratatouille ride so bad. That ride looks amazing. But again, it's a good reason to go Disneyland Paris.

Daveeeeed

No, Ratatouille in France further deteriorates World Showcase. Certainly less so than Frozen Ever After, but the toonification of World Showcase should not be encouraged.
Clearly Epcot is moving in a direction where things involving ips have happened and are going to. Epcot needs new rides more than any other park I've been to. FW needs it more yes, but France if the pavilion remains generally the same it could have the ride. Have you been to Ratatouille in WDS? It looks better than the France Pavilion itself, and that is truly something. The ride is better than nearly every ride if not in all of orlando. Possibly only second to Forbidden Journey.

RSoxNo1

Clearly Epcot is moving in a direction where things involving ips have happened and are going to. Epcot needs new rides more than any other park I've been to. FW needs it more yes, but France if the pavilion remains generally the same it could have the ride. Have you been to Ratatouille in WDS? It looks better than the France Pavilion itself, and that is truly something. The ride is better than nearly every ride if not in all of orlando. Possibly only second to Forbidden Journey.
Disney in general is moving towards IP only attractions because the leaders of the company don't understand the need for a healthy mixture. They think because of the success of Harry Potter and Cars that IP based attractions are now the only option.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the ride and everything to do with thematic fit. Prior to Bob Iger taking over as company CEO I can only think of one example of a bad thematic fit being added to a Walt Disney World and that was Splash Mountain in Frontierland. Even though Splash Mountain in Florida is better (IMO) than it's California or Japanese counterpart, it is still in a more thematically appropriate land in California and Japan.

Mike S

Disney in general is moving towards IP only attractions because the leaders of the company don't understand the need for a healthy mixture. They think because of the success of Harry Potter and Cars that IP based attractions are now the only option.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the ride and everything to do with thematic fit. Prior to Bob Iger taking over as company CEO I can only think of one example of a bad thematic fit being added to a Walt Disney World and that was Splash Mountain in Frontierland. Even though Splash Mountain in Florida is better (IMO) than it's California or Japanese counterpart, it is still in a more thematically appropriate land in California and Japan.
You're forgetting Buzz and Stitch.

odmichael

No, Ratatouille in France further deteriorates World Showcase. Certainly less so than Frozen Ever After, but the toonification of World Showcase should not be encouraged.
The damage was done years ago. Now it's time to make it as positive as possible.

I see what you all want and understand. But the ride and queue for that ride would fit nicely into that world. It pays respect to the world while adding a positive experience to the park. I don't want Ratatoullie land. I want Paris with a cool ride that immerses and adds to the experience.

I think it could work in a very different manor from frozen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom