Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Luxe

Regardless of what the label on the can says, it will be referred to as Star Wars Land. Much like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is known as Harry Potter Land. They can call it Cash Grab Money Printing Central Land for all I care.

Pam Hates Penguins

Regardless of what the label on the can says, it will be referred to as Star Wars Land. Much like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is known as Harry Potter Land. They can call it Cash Grab Money Printing Central Land for all I care.

Everyone is too used to saying Star Wars Land.

Luxe

I'm pretty confident the planet that SWL will be based on doesn't appear in TFA, which means it would not be Takodana

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm pretty confident the planet that SWL will be based on doesn't appear in TFA, which means it would not be Takodana

All Disney has said about the planet is...

"never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars
characters and their stories come to life."

This was before TFA came out so a planet in that movie would technically have been a "never-before-seen planet". Now if they continue to call it that then we can rule out Takodana.

Luxe

"never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars

This was before TFA came out so a planet in that movie would technically have been a "never-before-seen planet". Now if they continue to call it that then we can rule out Takodana.

Good point. Although to quote Chappie, "SWL will introduce you to a Star Wars planet you’ve never seen before — a gateway planet located on the outer rim, full of places and characters familiar and not so familiar". As far as I know, Takodana is located in the Mid Rim which would rule it out for SWL. It's possible plans changed I guess but I have no source of info so it's all just speculation.

doctornick

If that happens, TOO MUCH STAR WARS!

I tend to disagree. I would be pretty surprised if WDW does not get a second Star Wars land somewhere down the line -- two rides is not really enough to satisfy all the pent up and huge demand for this franchise. If Harry Potter can have two separate lands at Uni -- and possibly more to come -- it's hard not to expect Star Wars to get the same.

Pam Hates Penguins

Maybe that planet will show up in episodes 8 and 9. It is still weird to think people thought that SWL was maybe going to look like this:
thJA1JG724.jpg

Pam Hates Penguins

I tend to disagree. I would be pretty surprised if WDW does not get a second Star Wars land somewhere down the line -- two rides is not really enough to satisfy all the pent up and huge demand for this franchise. If Harry Potter can have two separate lands at Uni -- and possibly more to come -- it's hard not to expect Star Wars to get the same.

That's what I am afraid of. Two Star Wars Lands.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree. If you look at the DLR map, they already have an area ready for expansion. It looks like the same size of the Muppets area. If the expansion would take over Muppets, then the SWL phase 1 and 2 would connect ST with it. I'd be happy with four rides plus all of the other things planned for the land.

discos

You're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.
Get back to me in 15 years and we'll see who's right. The Star Wars franchise has always been such a strong IP that multiple generations will continue to keep it very much alive. I'm not a fan of Star Wars (the franchise, not SWL. I think SWL will be a very interesting immersive experience) but I can recognize the popularity that it holds.

Pam Hates Penguins

Get back to me in 15 years and we'll see who's right. The Star Wars franchise has always been such a strong IP that multiple generations will continue to keep it very much alive. I'm not a fan of Star Wars (the franchise, not SWL. I think SWL will be a very interesting immersive experience) but I can recognize the popularity that it holds.

The Frozen popularity I noticed has died down in a few years. So will Star Wars.

Mike S

Frozen is still very much as popular as it was when it was first released and theres Frozen 2 on the way. Lets see how many years the new Frozen rides will have wait times of 100+ minutes
I'll just assume you're including Tokyo here because we're definitely not getting "rides." Just one ride. Wait times of 100+ also won't be a good indicator because the ride, like Maelstrom, will have terrible capacity thus inflating wait times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom