Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Luxe

Pam: Whether you like Star Wars or not, it is going to live even longer than you and I. You can keep living in your dream world pretending like the hype will die down but the reality is that Star Wars has been here to stay for a long time and it's not getting up and moving any time soon.

Luxe

Didn't people start to lose hope in the franchise after the prequels were released?

Despite the obvious flaws with the prequels, there was still plenty to like in those films. Specifically the lightsaber fights. It was fantastic to see how fast, nimble and acrobatic the Jedi were back in the day. I have plenty to dislike about the prequels but I still watch them frequently because of the likeable elements embedded in them.

Pam Hates Penguins

I don't know if anyone knew this, but according to WDWThemeParks:

On Tuesday, Disney will discuss new entertainment and attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The expectation is Disney will provide more information on Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at Epcot, Star Wars related offerings this summer at Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light and other entertainment at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

On Wednesday, Disney executives are expected to talk about the new lands based on Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars.

Does this mean they are to announce new attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios that have not been announced before, or just the ones they have talked about coming to DHS. If they are announcing attractions, good news. Really good news. Which means maybe the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster finally gets announced and more!

Luxe

I don't know if anyone knew this, but according to WDWThemeParks:

On Tuesday, Disney will discuss new entertainment and attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom. The expectation is Disney will provide more information on Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at Epcot, Star Wars related offerings this summer at Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light and other entertainment at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

On Wednesday, Disney executives are expected to talk about the new lands based on Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars.

Does this mean they are to announce new attractions coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios that have not been announced before, or just the ones they have talked about coming to DHS. If they are announcing attractions, good news. Really good news. Which means maybe the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster finally gets announced and more!

I'm sure you're trolling but there is essentially 0% chance that any new rides unrelated to the currently known/in progress lineup will be announced or even mentioned this week, let alone them announcing something as specific as a Monsters door coaster.

Pam Hates Penguins

I'm sure you're trolling but there is essentially 0% chance that any new rides unrelated to the currently known/in progress lineup will be announced or even mentioned this week, let alone them announcing something as specific as a Monsters door coaster.

If I had upset you tonight, I'm sorry, but are they going to announce anything new or not?

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I'll just assume you're including Tokyo here because we're definitely not getting "rides." Just one ride. Wait times of 100+ also won't be a good indicator because the ride, like Maelstrom, will have terrible capacity thus inflating wait times.
The only hope we have for an additional Frozen ride is for it to get the Snow White treatment and, in forty years, there will another Fantasyland expansion with a Frozen themed coaster!

FigmentJedi

Didn't people start to lose hope in the franchise after the prequels were released?

Despite the obvious flaws with the prequels, there was still plenty to like in those films. Specifically the lightsaber fights. It was fantastic to see how fast, nimble and acrobatic the Jedi were back in the day. I have plenty to dislike about the prequels but I still watch them frequently because of the likeable elements embedded in them.

Additionally, a lot of prequel hate is more related to generational divides within the fandom and now that the generation that grew up on those movies are getting older, the prequels being seen in a new, more positive, light is starting to become more common in Star Wars discourse, even with how RLM revived Prequel bashing with the Plinkett reviews.

The Clone Wars show has also helped a lot with salvaging popular opinion of the prequel era.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom