Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

30 seconds of video from Disneyland's Star Wars site taken this morning from the roof of the parking structure...

https://twitter.com/SoCal360/status/721023835428945920
Meanwhile at DHS...
giphy.gif

Mike S

There are strong rumors, not denied this week by the Disney Parks Blog "We have nothing to announce for that space at this time", that the upstairs of Disneyland's Launch Bay will become a Star Wars Land preview center.

This would be important to WDW fans on the East Coast because the projects are assumed to be nearly identical, so whatever they display in the Disneyland preview center would be easy to translate for the WDW version. Thanks to the Internet, WDW fans could visit the Disneyland center virtually and learn what is also headed to DHS.
Hopefully we get something similar in our Launch Bay or One Man's Dream.

BrianLo

Meanwhile at DHS...
giphy.gif

Ha ha - I wish they'd gotten it that cleared!

The push for Disneyland is still December 2018. I'd assume at this point a June opening for WDW (about 7 months behind). Which, honestly isn't that bad. Two years ago we were talking 2021.

Disneyland is the canary though, if it looks like they can't make December DHS will surely slip to the Fall.

SCOTLORR

So i just went and looked at the Star Wars Land construction progress thread for Disneyland, and all it did was get me mad. There DL is getting all these buildings cleared, actually making progress, etc. And there's DHS just sitting there with no progress at all. What is the point of rushing in DL but not in DHS? DL has the most to do than any other Disney park and guess which one has the least? You don't even have to guess, its obviously DHS. If they're gonna rush it should be at the Studios, where you can go from one corner of the park to the other corner in about 2 minutes. The studios is absolutely pathetic right now, yet they're gonna keep charging full price. It makes no sense to me to see them taking their sweet time getting started with SWL and even TSL.

Pam Hates Penguins

So i just went and looked at the Star Wars Land construction progress thread for Disneyland, and all it did was get me mad. There DL is getting all these buildings cleared, actually making progress, etc. And there's DHS just sitting there with no progress at all. What is the point of rushing in DL but not in DHS? DL has the most to do than any other Disney park and guess which one has the least? You don't even have to guess, its obviously DHS. If they're gonna rush it should be at the Studios, where you can go from one corner of the park to the other corner in about 2 minutes. The studios is absolutely pathetic right now, yet they're gonna keep charging full price. It makes no sense to me to see them taking their sweet time getting started with SWL and even TSL.

It's a mystery
94205607476636x800_file_mysterypngjpg[1].jpg

Pam Hates Penguins

In all seriousness, Star Wars Land at Disneyland started 3 months ago. Star Wars Land construction at DHS started about only a few days ago. So don't be surprised. They're just getting started.

Mike S

Ha ha - I wish they'd gotten it that cleared!

The push for Disneyland is still December 2018. I'd assume at this point a June opening for WDW (about 7 months behind). Which, honestly isn't that bad. Two years ago we were talking 2021.

Disneyland is the canary though, if it looks like they can't make December DHS will surely slip to the Fall.
I don't care if this isn't "PC" but that's downright retarded. If Disneyland hits one little delay they slow down work at DHS on purpose so Disneyland can "catch up" even though they're still getting it first? If it were me I would shoot to have both open simultaneously no matter what the cost. It can and surely could be done.

Luxe

I'm jealous of Disneyland for a lot of things but most importantly, I am envious of their construction lookout. Just look at the view they get...

Maybe SWL can open up in DL first and then they can make small improvements by time the DHS version opens.

Oh boy, there I go, dozing off into dreamland again.

Donaldfan1934

Politics? Perhaps.

DLs prep is also further ahead.
Still, I'm surprised that Disney wouldn't push to get open DHS's first since its pretty much their Cars Land. The savior of the park if you will. Meanwhile at DL, its a decision that has been met with some controversy for a number of reasons including the fact that it will further increase crowd levels in an already full day + park.

FigmentForver96

We? Pretty sure I called shenanigans almost immediately.

Anyway, work is still happening behind those walls. Anyone care to prove me wrong?

PS- I think we now know why selfie sticks were banned. They don't want us seeing what they are doing.
Please Disney could care less about what you saw behind that wall.

You know very well why selfie sticks were banned, but keep living in that world of yours.

BrianLo

I don't care if this isn't "PC" but that's downright retarded. If Disneyland hits one little delay they slow down work at DHS on purpose so Disneyland can "catch up" even though they're still getting it first? If it were me I would shoot to have both open simultaneously no matter what the cost. It can and surely could be done.

You completely misunderstood me. I meant Disneyland is the canary in the sense that if there are problems during constructions with it being over-ambitious/unexpected problems forcing them to miss their overeager timeline. WDW will face the same problems and be delayed for an equivalent period of time.

Canary in a coal mine - if there are unexpected problems Disneyland will be the first to squawk because they are further along.

BrianLo

We? Pretty sure I called shenanigans almost immediately.

We as in WDI. Star Wars was originally the third phase, which would have been 2020/2021. You calling shenanigans does not re-write what was true at the time.

At some point, someone thought opening Star Wars 2-3 years later on the East coast was a giant middle finger to their WDW fans.

HauntedMansionFLA

We as in WDI. Star Wars was originally the third phase, which would have been 2020/2021. You calling shenanigans does not re-write what was true at the time.

At some point, someone thought opening Star Wars 2-3 years later on the East coast was a giant middle finger to their WDW fans.
Is the new push to get this new land out to capitalize on how well TFA did at the box office and get it done before the end of this trilogy? We all know it will print money once it's done. It's just odd that they did a 180% turn. Also, any chance both TSL and SWL will be worked on at the same time?

Pam Hates Penguins

Is the new push to get this new land out to capitalize on how well TFA did at the box office and get it done before the end of this trilogy? We all know it will print money once it's done. It's just odd that they did a 180% turn. Also, any chance both TSL and SWL will be worked on at the same time?

They probably are getting worked on at the same time. But Toy Story Land might open by late 2017 or early 2018 before Star Wars land opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom