Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

That still doesn't solve the problem of how to get back stage access to the Muppet Courtyard restaurants. I highly doubt they will connect ST to SWL behind Muppets. If SWL goes into the LMA are, my bet is that ST will either be left on it's own, or re-themed which are the only two possible options for DL also.

The Romans invented the arch. They still work.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Unless the entrance road is going to be routed down what is currently NY street how is it relevant to the issue of linking Star Tours to SW Land? Still need an overpass or underpass since Muppets lies directly between the 2 areas.

He's referring to the idea of connecting SWL to TS by going behind Muppets, but that has it's own set of challenges and would be an even more roundabout connection.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It could work I guess, but Muppets would then be cutoff from the back side and it would still be a relatively narrow passageway. Not an impossible plan, but unlikely.

As things stand now, I don't think there is enough room back there for a passageway, the space between the buildings and Cypress Dr is very narrow, so if they were to do this it would have to wait until after the entrance get's moved which is still a long way off. They would then have to re-route Cypress Dr to make room. I just don't see this happening.

If SWL is going in the LMA area, and they wanted it connected to SWL, I think they would have sacrificed Muppets.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As things stand now, I don't think there is enough room back there for a passageway, the space between the buildings and Cypress Dr is very narrow, so if they were to do this it would have to wait until after the entrance get's moved which is still a long way off. They would then have to re-route Cypress Dr to make room. I just don't see this happening.

If SWL is going in the LMA area, and they wanted it connected to SWL, I think they would have sacrificed Muppets.
I'm with you. I take it a step further and say if they aren't going to connect Star Tours to SW Land then it's not gonna last. It will stay until after SW Land opens but after that it either gets rethemed or just shut down.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm with you. I take it a step further and say if they aren't going to connect Star Tours to SW Land then it's not gonna last. It will stay until after SW Land opens but after that it either gets rethemed or just shut down.

I doubt it would be shut down completely. It's an easy ride to re-theme and based on the fact that they are using the same ride system for the Iron Man ride in Hong Kong, they obviously don't have a problem basing new rides on this system.

Herbie

Star Wars Land was not going into Echo Lake it was IJ and pushing through into the Television Lot.
I'm aware of that; I was differentiating between an Echo Lake and Streets of America SWL. You didn't answer my question.

Why would Star Tours only last 5-10 years if Star Wars Land was built in the front of the park?

Last edited:

jt04

It could work I guess, but Muppets would then be cutoff from the back side and it would still be a relatively narrow passageway. Not an impossible plan, but unlikely.

It could be narrow in the short term because it would only have to handle those exiting ST. And there could be a separate entrance for those that want to bypass ST. It could be near TSL.

They need some way to manage the crowds and this would do that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It could be narrow in the short term because it would only have to handle those exiting ST. And there could be a separate entrance for those that want to bypass ST. It could be near TSL.

There would still need to be another entrance on the Star Tours side. No way you could have all that traffic for TSL and SWL going through the same area.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Not likely. They won't build a brand new SW Land and make you enter through a narrow passageway behind Muppet Land. There will be a much more manageable way in. If they somehow connect Star Tours to SW Land behind muppets I would assume it would be a re-routed entrance/exit for Star Tours but no way back out to echo lake area.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly, I think that the connecting of Star Tours to SWL won't be that difficult. This could be easily achieved by building an elevated walkway/ bridge from Commissary Lane/Sci-Fi Diner to the Muppets Courtyard. This would go right where the beginning of New York Street was. Then the entrance to Star Wars Land would be around the current location of Jedi Training Academy... Once you walk pass Star Tours you would walk under the Muppets walkway down New York Street. If done right, you could go into the Muppets Courtyard without being overwhelmed by Star Wars Land while connecting the old and new Star Wars.

RSoxNo1

GotG was a forgetful movie. Horrible idea in place of ST. If they go cheap and re theme ST - go with the Indiana Jones since there are more movies coming plus the stunt show right there.
I disagree that GotG was a forgetful movie. It was a great movie and deserves a theme park presence. Frozen also deserves a theme park presence just not where they're planning either one.

RSoxNo1

AK needed an Expansion/improvement more despite how Future World is currently. Future World's problems was years in the making and Disney did have the priorities wrong in Epcot even before Rivers of the Light was announced for AK. Disney was responsible for adding a lot of food places in World Showcase including Spice Road Table when Future World had big problems. Epcot wasn't hurting for food places even before they did this.

As far as DHS does, you should blame Disney going with New Fantasy Land Expansion. Fantasyland and MK to me didn't need the expansion as much DHS did.

While DHS couldn't get Star Wars Land in 2009, the money could have went into the Pixar part of DHS. There actually is no reason why DHS didn't get a Toy Storyland before it was announced at 2015 D23. TDO also turned down the Monster Inc. Door Coaster also.
DAK needed a full on expansion. Epcot can be fixed piecemeal, or continue to be destroyed piecemeal. It looks like they're opting for the latter.

DarthMileZ

Personally i think it should be made so that you have to go on star tours to access the land... it would be awesome if you left earth into lightspeed and then you get attacked by the first order etc.. you land on this new planet.. leave the other side of the ride into the land. and then you do the opposite on the way out.

excuse the grammar and spelling.. its 02:41 and im at work until 07:00

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom