Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Star Wars Land was not going into Echo Lake it was IJ and pushing through into the Television Lot.

So was @Ignohippo plan something that was considered, or was it just bad information.

upload_2016-4-10_18-59-38.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
People have already pointed out why they wouldn't connect Star Tours to a SoA-based SWL from the "back" -- it would prevent backstage access to Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose which is kind of an issue for food service places.

More logical would be to that the Star Wars "street" replacing the current NY street. They can have some shops/restaurant off the side of it, where HISTK currently is (and possible a small cafe replacing/in the vicinity of Writer's shop). Would that passageway be a "choke point"? I don't think it would be anywhere as bad ever as when the Osbourne Lights were there. It's actually fairly wide for a guest path.
How would you get to Muppets area? I think that's the big question. If you can't connect Star Tours to SW Land from the back due to needing backstage access to Muppets area and you really can't connect in the front without cutting it off from the rest of the park it really makes it almost impossible. Maybe some sort of tunnel or overpass could be used but that would be expensive and logistically challenging.

SirLink

So was @Ignohippo plan something that was considered, or was it just bad information.

View attachment 137743

As I'm sure @marni1971 can back me up SWL was never going to touch any of the buildings.

Plus that map is wildly inaccurate over the volume of acreage that TSL. One its not going any further south than Stage Lane and no further north than CM parking garage thats back there.

wdwfan4ver

I mean, it's nice to get all these upgrades to Animal Kingdom, but:
  1. DHS needed an expansion more.
  2. Epcot needed the money that went into Harambe and Rivers of Light (Sorry guys but it's true, even though one's been proven to be one of the best experiences in the country and the other seems to be just as good, even though it's delayed!)
AK needed an Expansion/improvement more despite how Future World is currently. Future World's problems was years in the making and Disney did have the priorities wrong in Epcot even before Rivers of the Light was announced for AK. Disney was responsible for adding a lot of food places in World Showcase including Spice Road Table when Future World had big problems. Epcot wasn't hurting for food places even before they did this.

As far as DHS does, you should blame Disney going with New Fantasy Land Expansion. Fantasyland and MK to me didn't need the expansion as much DHS did.

While DHS couldn't get Star Wars Land in 2009, the money could have went into the Pixar part of DHS. There actually is no reason why DHS didn't get a Toy Storyland before it was announced at 2015 D23. TDO also turned down the Monster Inc. Door Coaster also.

jt04

Is this a serious question???? Have you been to DHS? I assume no. ToT is located in a 1930s era abandoned Hollywood Hotel. It fits perfectly in the area of the park it's in. Last I checked GoTG was not set in 1930s Hollywood. It would be relatively easy to fit into the Star Tours simulator if they rethemed the queue and SW props outside of the building.

Hmm. An abandoned hotel from the 1930's. On a street that could quite easily reflect the golden age of comics with a bit of an upgrade/retheme.

Your dismissed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The only way I could see them connecting Star Tours to SW Land where it's currently rumored to go is if they made the area in front of Star Tours leading down what is now NY Street into an entrance to SW land. Then in order to get to Muppets courtyard they would either need an underpass or an overpass to get past NY street unless they make it so you have to pass through Star Wars Land to get to Muppets. I guess that's possible too but it's awkward and kills the whole themed land concept. It also makes the possibility of using the Sounds Dangerous or AI theaters for Jedi Training less workable. It's much cleaner and easier to have SW in Echo Lake.

image.jpeg

jt04

The only way I could see them connecting Star Tours to SW Land where it's currently rumored to go is if they made the area in front of Star Tours leading down what is now NY Street into an entrance to SW land. Then in order to get to Muppets courtyard they would either need an underpass or an overpass to get past NY street unless they make it so you have to pass through Star Wars Land to get to Muppets. I guess that's possible too but it's awkward and kills the whole themed land concept. It also makes the possibility of using the Sounds Dangerous or AI theaters for Jedi Training less workable. It's much cleaner and easier to have SW in Echo Lake.

View attachment 137745

You are aware they are rerouting the entrance road right? You should include that in your calculations.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You are aware they are rerouting the entrance road right? You should include that in your calculations.

That still doesn't solve the problem of how to get back stage access to the Muppet Courtyard restaurants. I highly doubt they will connect ST to SWL behind Muppets. If SWL goes into the LMA are, my bet is that ST will either be left on it's own, or re-themed which are the only two possible options for DL also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom