Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

They take at least three years to build anything anymore. Even if they started this year we won't get it until 2019 at the earliest IMO. Why are people expecting SW Land overnight?

AdventureHasAName

They take at least three years to build anything anymore. Even if they started this year we won't get it until 2019 at the earliest IMO. Why are people expecting SW Land overnight?

Many of us are old fogies; we remember when Disney used to spare no expense and just get things done as quickly as possible. Some of us are also old enough to remember when they built lands with more than two rides.

Incomudro

I don't need someone to basically tell me I'm a fanboy for getting excited over a Star Wars land announcement. Why be a realist on the day the announcement is made? Obviously people are going to get excited. Martin as an insider might have known about it for how long now and I seem to remember them geeking out over the 3.2 bill announcement. No one rained on their parade but they see it fit to ruin others on the day we find out details.
Sometimes it seems that some posters act as though the parks and their expantions are built specifically for them, according to their wants.

mergatroid

do you count the train?

Two rides if you count the Hogwarts Express.

Well yes you can, so that's two attractions and that wasn't a problem as it was themed so well. Hopefully they'll be lots of little nooks and crannies to explore similar to DA with shops and restaurants also. If this is done right it should be a fantastic addition to the parks.

It should also cause plenty of arguments over the years it takes to build as people fight over how great or terrible it's going to be before it opens. I predict numerous posters banned and at least one induced heart attack on here before opening day :rolleyes:

Rotel1026

Afraid I might be opening a Pandora's box of everyone's own 14 acre screen grab, but figured this would be an interesting link for those wondering how big 14 acres is. Search for a location then you can click on points on the map to create a shape and it will show you how big that area is. The first person who posted the map with the lake, AI building, Indy and Star Tours was actually very close to 14 acres. I'll definitely be curious to see where they put this land.

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

As far as the screenshots they posted, I assumed it was more of maybe scenes you'd see inside the rides, not of the land itself. Do we really think they'd build those cliffs in the background in that first picture?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Afraid I might be opening a Pandora's box of everyone's own 14 acre screen grab, but figured this would be an interesting link for those wondering how big 14 acres is. Search for a location then you can click on points on the map to create a shape and it will show you how big that area is. The first person who posted the map with the lake, AI building, Indy and Star Tours was actually very close to 14 acres. I'll definitely be curious to see where they put this land.

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

As far as the screenshots they posted, I assumed it was more of maybe scenes you'd see inside the rides, not of the land itself. Do we really think they'd build those cliffs in the background in that first picture?

You can do that in Google Earth Pro also which is now free.

Yes, I believe that is the exterior of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom