Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Highlander12

Wow, seriously?

Which leads me to a somewhat related question -- can we expect that whatever gets built at Disneyland will NOT disrupt the view down Main Street by being visible behind the castle? They have to know better than to let that happen, right?
I'm sure it was a joke. Marni1971 was probably joking about how Disney doesn't like to build anything in it's parks taller than 199.9ft due to FAA regulations requiring flashing lights for planes and helicopters. It ruins the show.

WDW95

This is going to stick out like a sore thumb in DHS. Please make the whole park match the quality of this one addition. Disney's got a lot of work to do with this one.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm sure it was a joke. Marni1971 was probably joking about how Disney doesn't like to build anything in it's parks taller than 199.9ft due to FAA regulations requiring flashing lights for planes and helicopters. It ruins the show.
Oh . . . whoops! I'll blame it on it being the weekend :p

bakntime

Which leads me to a somewhat related question -- can we expect that whatever gets built at Disneyland will NOT disrupt the view down Main Street by being visible behind the castle? They have to know better than to let that happen, right?
There are tall trees behind the castle that should easily mask anything tall back there. They could probably just make sure the tallest parts of Star Wars are off to the sides, and they'll be masked by the Main St buildings the same way the Matterhorn (mostly) is.
This is going to stick out like a sore thumb in DHS. Please make the whole park match the quality of this one addition. Disney's got a lot of work to do with this one.
Actually, I count the Chinese Theater, Sunset Blvd with HTH looming, and Echo Lake among Disney's best work. All gorgeous in my book, especially at night. And I love the area near Muppets, too, if only they'd get rid of the visible support structure for the NY Street facades.

The area near TSM and the old backlot tour entrance are the worst parts. Too skeletal and bland. I imagine these area get addressed in the new Pixar expansion or after that's done. But right now, I'm looking forward to the SW goodness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom