Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Well.. They could do Gungan city, JarJar's homeland, that would actually be a cool water ride. We need more JarJar, a MnG would be awesome here too. Just imagine meeting everyone's favorite star wars character. You know Disney had big plans for JarJar.

Since this planet is as yet undefined, there's no reason it couldn't have a significant body of water and some sort of boat ride could fit into the theming of the land. I'm not expecting it though.

FigmentJedi

the CC text of the movie says "Satin" not satine o_o

oh.. and Why does Obi wan has a girlfriend? o_O
Good old fashioned bodyguard crush from when he and Qui-Gon were protecting the leaders of Mandalore during some turbulent political transition. They broke it off afterwards, Obi-Wan's better at putting Jedi duty first, but the feelings kinda start to rekindle during the Clone Wars when they meet again.

michmousefan

It's likely not true. Many people have said that they believe Echo lake will remain as a transition into SWL. I tend to believe them.
I would hope it's more than just a transition... especially since one of the big points about the Disneyland version of SWL is that you wouldn't see it from the rest of Disneyland and that walking along one of the two paths near BTM would "transition" you to a big reveal that you would then enter into. Remember, you are supposed to be in a new world... with everyone in costume and in character... not just a new ride or two. They want to *immerse* you into a completely new land.

That's one of the coolest things about Diagon Alley -- the complete immersion you feel when you walk through/around the wall to enter the street. I would think that is something that the Imagineers are keen on creating for SWL as well. So I can't imagine being able to glance over from the Chinese Theater and see a bunch of Star Wars-looking buildings and ships plopped right in the middle of, or behind, Echo Lake.

Really hoping that SWL will have more of a "wow" moment once you enter. Perhaps the construction *will* take place in the SOA/LAM areas... much easier to build & stage a cool reveal that way.

DisneyRoy

Obi-Wan's girlfriend that got killed by Darth Maul?

Or it could be this guy from Wreck it Ralph...

Satine.png

NormC

I would hope it's more than just a transition... especially since one of the big points about the Disneyland version of SWL is that you wouldn't see it from the rest of Disneyland and that walking along one of the two paths near BTM would "transition" you to a big reveal that you would then enter into. Remember, you are supposed to be in a new world... with everyone in costume and in character... not just a new ride or two. They want to *immerse* you into a completely new land.

That's one of the coolest things about Diagon Alley -- the complete immersion you feel when you walk through/around the wall to enter the street. I would think that is something that the Imagineers are keen on creating for SWL as well. So I can't imagine being able to glance over from the Chinese Theater and see a bunch of Star Wars-looking buildings and ships plopped right in the middle of, or behind, Echo Lake.

Really hoping that SWL will have more of a "wow" moment once you enter. Perhaps the construction *will* take place in the SOA/LAM areas... much easier to build & stage a cool reveal that way.
Agreed.

YodaMan

Any chance the delay for Episode VIII (and presumably IX) is causing the "fluid" changes to all of the plans in an attempt to have the land open at the time of one of the films?

PorterRedkey

If anyone has brought this up forgive me.

It seems like a transportation system for the land was cut by Bob Chapek. According to the MiceChat article:

"The third attraction in Star Wars land, an internal transportation system of sorts, was cut from the budget recently after Chapek demanded cost savings. WDI was sent scrambling to find a way to put it back into the project as it was designed to bring kinetic energy to the sprawling land much like the Red Car Trolley brings energy to Buena Vista Street, but Chapek won’t budge on his budget mandates and something else will need to be cut in order for the third attraction to survive."

Has anyone else heard about this attraction? I know it was not mentioned at D23. Does this mean it is cut for DHS too?

@marni1971, @Lee, @articos do you have any info about this?

FigmentForver96

If anyone has brought this up forgive me.

It seems like a transportation system for the land was cut by Bob Chapek. According to the MiceChat article:

"The third attraction in Star Wars land, an internal transportation system of sorts, was cut from the budget recently after Chapek demanded cost savings. WDI was sent scrambling to find a way to put it back into the project as it was designed to bring kinetic energy to the sprawling land much like the Red Car Trolley brings energy to Buena Vista Street, but Chapek won’t budge on his budget mandates and something else will need to be cut in order for the third attraction to survive."

Has anyone else heard about this attraction? I know it was not mentioned at D23. Does this mean it is cut for DHS too?

@marni1971, @Lee, @articos do you have any info about this?
They were talking about it in the other thread. From what I understand there was no real knowledge on if there was a third attraction or Micechat was just saying it. I could have misunderstood Spirit though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom