Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cesar R M

Of course not. When I made the screencaps, I just hid the disclaimer and table of contents to get as much into a single print-screencap.

But Wookiepedia gets stupidly comprehensive even with flagrantly obvious non-canon stuff. Remember the Phantom Menace fast food campaign? The page for that gives surprisingly good-sized bios for Colonel Sanders, Taco Bell Chihuahua and that random Pizza Hut Delivery Girl
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Dark_Side
I laughed a lot at the quotes .. specially the bucket of pain :hilarious:

LOL!!!

oh wow!
almost feels like some 4channers went full overtrolling on the wiki and fans ATE the content.

ToTBellHop

so, blocked by fake mountains/forests a la the mountain range on Cars Land?
Well you have to go under the train. That with some trees should block the view pretty well. Of course, transitioning from the old west or Critter Country to Star Wars is challenging but so are most of the transitions in MK-type parks. Usually, they do it well, Fantasyland-Tomorrowland notwithstanding.

TP2000

Oopsie. EPCOT Center was infamous for some of the blandest queues ever.

I always though of Energy and The Living Seas as having some really cool queues and pre-shows, the type Disney just doesn't do anymore.

The other Epcot attractions had basic queues because the attractions were such high capacity people-eating ride systems that there was rarely more than a 5 minute wait.

Compared to what Disney has done in the last 15 years, 1980's Epcot still sets a high bar.

yensidtlaw1969

A couple notes about the Disneyland MiceChat update that may relate to DHS.

Here is the layout at Disneyland:

StarWarsExpansion-After-610x518.jpg

Good news concerning queues "Bob Weis is also being tasked with making the two big E Tickets for Star Wars land memorable and immersive, with a sudden return to winding and elaborately decorated indoor queues and entertaining pre-show lobbies that Imagineering perfected in the classic EPCOT Center pavilions of the 1980’s."

http://micechat.com/118668-disneyland-phantom-menace/
So I have to wonder, with all this money being spent to make the biggest, baddest, most expensive, extensive, and comprehensive land in the park, all of it dedicated to Star Wars . . . are they just gonna leave Star Tours hanging out in Tomorrowland?

I don't mind multiple attractions for things, and I'm not certain I want to see Star Tours going the way of the dodo, but how is it gonna make any sense to have one Star Wars attraction floating by itself on the other side of the park when the entire North West corner is dedicated to that property? Do they plan to address that?

TP2000

So I have to wonder, with all this money being spent to make the biggest, baddest, most expensive, extensive, and comprehensive land in the park, all of it dedicated to Star Wars . . . are they just gonna leave Star Tours hanging out in Tomorrowland?

The conventional wisdom is that once Star Wars Land opens Disneyland's Star Tours closes to be remade into an Anaheim version of the Marvel Iron Man simulator that opens in Hong Kong this year, using the Star Tours ride system.

Marvel-Iron-Man-Experience-Disney-Hong-Kong.png

FigmentForver96

The conventional wisdom is that once Star Wars Land opens Disneyland's Star Tours closes to be remade into an Anaheim version of the Marvel Iron Man simulator that opens in Hong Kong this year, using the Star Tours ride system.

Marvel-Iron-Man-Experience-Disney-Hong-Kong.png
Which makes you wonder, does Orlando keep Star Tours and have the extra ride or do they have plans for the building.

TP2000

What about Marvel in DCA?

That's strongly rumored by Micechat to be an indoor mega-coaster themed to another Marvel character, likely Captain America set in the 1940's.

Remember, the Disneyland Resort can do anything it wants with whatever Marvel character it wants in any park it wants. The legal restrictions on Marvel appearing in the park at WDW don't exist at Disneyland and DCA.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
A couple notes about the Disneyland MiceChat update that may relate to DHS.

Here is the layout at Disneyland:

StarWarsExpansion-After-610x518.jpg

Good news concerning queues "Bob Weis is also being tasked with making the two big E Tickets for Star Wars land memorable and immersive, with a sudden return to winding and elaborately decorated indoor queues and entertaining pre-show lobbies that Imagineering perfected in the classic EPCOT Center pavilions of the 1980’s."

http://micechat.com/118668-disneyland-phantom-menace/

The Millennium Falcon attraction building seems quite small in relationship to the other E-ticket building. Additionally, the Millennium Falcon attraction building seems to have a very similar overall size and shape to the Mission: Space building... previous descriptions of the Millennium Falcon attraction describe being able to sit in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon and seemed to imply being able to control your flight... not completely unlike Mission:Space... I said it before and it got shot down, but I'll propose it again...

Any chance the Millennium Falcon attraction is some sort of Mission:Space 2.0 ride system?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom