Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rambozo

There was such high hopes for it and I have to admit I'm pretty, pretty... pretty disappointed in it. I don't think it represents any of the movies.

Rambozo

Could you please elaborate?

Unlike with the Harry Potter sections it's not straight from the movies. If it was going to be during the Rey, Fin and Po time period they could have at least used one of those planets. There's plenty of good ones.

Batuu has no meaning to me because I've never seen it on film. The best part of the land is the Millennium Falcon because I've actually seen it.

DCLcruiser

Unlike with the Harry Potter sections it's not straight from the movies. If it was going to be during the Rey, Fin and Po time period they could have at least used one of those planets. There's plenty of good ones.

Batuu has no meaning to me because I've never seen it on film. The best part of the land is the Millennium Falcon because I've actually seen it.
But that's the point. It's a new place, with a new story, and it can continuously be updated to match any "move time period" that they want. It's not tied to anything canon (besides the new books/comics).

Stevie Amsterdam

I'm trying to understand you; are you saying that if you would see Batuu as a location in an upcoming Star Wars movie, your opinion of the land (as build as it is now) would change?

Rambozo

I'm trying to understand you; are you saying that if you would see Batuu as a location in an upcoming Star Wars movie, your opinion of the land (as build as it is now) would change?

Yeah, it actually would if it was in a whole season of Mandolorian.

Of course it would have been better if they chose a known city and/or planet. Like if it were Mos Eisley instead of Batuu, but honestly I'll take whatever I can get out of those options.

Stevie Amsterdam

Yeah, it actually would if it was in a whole season of Mandolorian.

Of course it would have been better if they chose a known city and/or planet. Like if it were Mos Eisley instead of Batuu, but honestly I'll take whatever I can get out of those options.
Being used as one of many locations in a single movie versus the backdrop of an entire season are two very different things imo. The point I was making was more about the fact that nothing about the themepark's version of Batuu would change; it would just change your opinion on it. The land would be identical to what it was like before you saw it on tv. So I don't really understand your claim that it would be better if you'd see it on tv?
The best part of the land is the Millennium Falcon because I've actually seen it.
I use this as an example. If I would have never seen the MF on screen, I would still very much like it in real life. I'm not saying my experience if more valid than yours and I also get it why it could work if Disney had chosen a more recognizable environment... But to say it has no meaning is a bit of a stretch imo.

ChrisM

An original trilogy location would have been a better choice, but Batuu is largely fine if they wanted to lean into the "live your Star Wars adventure" angle.

But they've screwed up in two critical ways:

- Stubbornly insisting on staying locked into the sequel trilogy timeline. Give it up already. That there aren't Mandalorian/Grogu walk-around characters and/or meet and greets is the height of stupidity.

- Not having droids and aliens throughout the land, not building the restaurant/show, and basically pushing all of that stuff to Galactic Starcruiser. Huge mistake.

DCLcruiser

Being used as one of many locations in a single movie versus the backdrop of an entire season are two very different things imo. The point I was making was more about the fact that nothing about the themepark's version of Batuu would change; it would just change your opinion on it. The land would be identical to what it was like before you saw it on tv. So I don't really understand your claim that it would be better if you'd see it on tv?

I use this as an example. If I would have never seen the MF on screen, I would still very much like it in real life. I'm not saying my experience if more valid than yours and I also get it why it could work if Disney had chosen a more recognizable environment... But to say it has no meaning is a bit of a stretch imo.
Merely calling it Star Wars immediately connects the environment to memories. I don't think it would be more popular if it was Tatooine, or Naboo. The MF is great, and probably timeless. The rest can be adapted to the new movies or series. Characters walking around move the land through the timeline. Hell, in a few years they could say it's back in the Ep4/5/6 timeline and have Bobba Fett and Han walking around. It's all possible.

Rambozo

If I never saw the Wizarding World in a movie then I wouldn't have as strong of a connection to the lands. It just means more when it is in a film or television show.

Just like with your example of the Millennium Falcon. I've been seeing it my whole life in the Star Wars films. Many people were actually brought to tears on opening day seeing it live and in person.

GimpYancIent

A full-on, sit down, Star Wars character dining fully themed restaurant with entertainment was in the project at one time but now incorporated in the Star Cruiser needs to be installed on Batuu. The entertainment can be these guys don't need some singer.
1651670030858.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Almost 3 years later after opening, Disney finally added a new droid series to build at Droid Depot.
The C-series is coming soon in addition to the existing BB-series and R-series droids. Also new parts are apparently already released for the existing series.

Touchdown

Almost 3 years later after opening, Disney finally added a new droid series to build at Droid Depot.
The C-series is coming soon in addition to the existing BB-series and R-series droids. Also new parts are apparently already released for the existing series.

Hmm, wonder if the most famous C droid will make his live action debut on Andor or Mando Season 3. I assume there must be a tie in reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom