Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

cdeev8690

*Personal feelings because I'm sad* Since watching TROS, I am definitely bothered by the timeline of GE. I think primarily I will be sad to walk into that land for the unforeseeable future where my favorite character will be stuck in purgatory as a villain.

FigmentJedi

Some people here go a bit overboard but this is something I agree on. The land should not have been locked to a specific Trilogy. Characters from all over should’ve been walking around the land but obviously no mixing of having different eras out at the exact same time. Different times of day you could see either Vader walking around or Kylo Ren. Pretty simple stuff. First Order flags could easily just flip around to the Empire or something or disappear completely when it’s the Prequel era going around. It’s no secret I’m very in favor of @marni1971 ’s rumor of an OT overlay of RotR but I wouldn’t change the Falcon’s story except for adding more missions maybe involving more characters from the sequel era and doing something a bit more exciting. A third attraction, should it be built, should be based on the Prequels.
I think what we need is an ancient Jedi Temple. As seen in Rebels and the training academy show they did based on those episodes, the Force inducing visions and hallucinations of the fears that a traveler inside might possess could very much allow for an era-neutral experience and give Galaxy's Edge the force mysticism the land is lacking in terms of non-paywall experiences.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
*Personal feelings because I'm sad* Since watching TROS, I am definitely bothered by the timeline of GE. I think primarily I will be sad to walk into that land for the unforeseeable future where my favorite character will be stuck in purgatory as a villain.

You mean like what would happen if they went OT and you saw Darth Vader?

RobWDW1971

I've been wrong before, but I just can't imagine them closing down a massively popular new attraction for a lengthy expensive overhaul which would "admit" they "got it wrong the first time".

Agree about MFSR. Not massively popular. Can be "rethemed" over email, just like Star Tours. Minimal down time. And once its done it can be randomized and spun that they plussed the ride by adding some OT content as opposed to "fixed" it.
Agree - not sure why you would spend money on fixing the only thing that actually is working (ROTR) and I can't imagine that is going to happen. Spend every dollar on fixing Batuu first as that is the weakest part of the expansion and then simply update the missions on MFSR as others have noted to something more exciting with more stakes than running an errand in the dark to pick up cans for Hondo.

Mike S

You mean like what would happen if they went OT and you saw Darth Vader?
People love Darth Vader being evil.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Jones14

Agree - not sure why you would spend money on fixing the only thing that actually is working (ROTR) and I can't imagine that is going to happen. Spend every dollar on fixing Batuu first as that is the weakest part of the expansion and then simply update the missions on MFSR as others have noted to something more exciting with more stakes than running an errand in the dark to pick up cans for Hondo.
Completely agreed. Batuu needs shows on all those stages before literally anything else happens, and while I enjoy Falcon as is, everything about the attraction screams out that it’s meant to have multiple missions, especially when you start listening to how vague the Hondo animatronic pre-show is as to what exactly you’re doing for him.

erasure fan1

I gotta say I miss Star Wars Weekends. Yes it got silly but it was also fun. It’s not like it was treated as canon anyway, just a fun celebration.
Funny, from what I read, it was Kennedy who put the kibosh on star wars weekends because of the canon issues. She doesn't get star wars and never will at this point. So canceling star wars weekends should have been a hint of how they would handle things.

Mickeyboof

Is anyone else disappointed that Disney won’t let you actually customize your saber?

Has anyone asked to use different pieces from different sets?

It’s so apparent how controlling Imagineering is of our experiences.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Is anyone else disappointed that Disney won’t let you actually customize your saber?

Has anyone asked to use different pieces from different sets?

It’s so apparent how controlling Imagineering is of our experiences.

You can, what Disney sells are complete sets. You always have the option of purchasing multiples until you reach your desired combination or searching the secondary markets.

Mickeyboof

You can, what Disney sells are complete sets. You always have the option of purchasing multiples until you reach your desired combination or searching the secondary markets.

Ah, yes, nothing like spending $200 for pieces you don’t want, only to return to the very same cash registers for another credit card swipe.

Sounds like Chapek’s wet dream.

Last edited:

AEfx

Ah, yes, nothing like spending $200 for pieces you don’t want, only to return to the very same cash registers for another credit card swipe.

Sounds like Chapek’s wet dream.

Yeah, this aspect totally turned me off from caring about the experience. If I am going to spend $200 for a saber, there are better options if you just want some premade style. I was floored when the videos started coming out and that you can’t even pick your own individual pieces. There is nothing “custom” about it when everyone walks out with the same few limited saber styles.

RobWDW1971

Yeah, this aspect totally turned me off from caring about the experience. If I am going to spend $200 for a saber, there are better options if you just want some premade style. I was floored when the videos started coming out and that you can’t even pick your own individual pieces. There is nothing “custom” about it when everyone walks out with the same few limited saber styles.

Especially when the Droid Depot next door offers the exact customization experience you’re describing (and in there you don’t have to suffer through merch cast members’ “acting”)

Mickeyboof

Especially when the Droid Depot next door offers the exact customization experience you’re describing. (And in there you don’t have to suffer through merch cast members’ “acting”)

Love the Droid Depot!!!!

Sigh. It would be wonderful if they could just cut the charade and give us a damn good show.

gerarar

Premium Member
Droid Depot is legit! I had the pleasure of doing it on my last day in WDW last Friday, and it was totally worth it! While in the standby line (said 60 mins long, only ended up being 40 mins), I was looking up the different DD customizations and droids you can assemble. I had a hard time picking between BB-series or R-series, but the clear head in the R-series swayed me over.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a cool and awesome souvenir from Batuu while on their visit! I initially thought it was $199 like the lightsabers next door, but was happy when I found out it was a 100 credits less. The cast members that are with you along the way were very happy and helpful!
20191227_230057.jpg
20191227_192443.jpg

There was this brother and sister behind me in line, and they went for a fully customizable BB-8. I caught them upon exiting the shop and saw their end product and it looked fantastic, and so they were! The whole place is an amazing experience. I hope Disney improves DD and introduces new droids and new customizable/parts down the road.

Tom Morrow

Funny, from what I read, it was Kennedy who put the kibosh on star wars weekends because of the canon issues. She doesn't get star wars and never will at this point. So canceling star wars weekends should have been a hint of how they would handle things.
I don’t agree with how Kennedy has handled the franchise but I can agree with cancelling Star Wars Weekends. I thought it was pure cringe. “What if Star Wars characters did the Macarena!! Lolz juxtaposition! So random!!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom