News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Pam Hates Penguins

No. The reservations will ensure the land will be at max capacity and not go over but the park itself will be at mass capacity for sure may 31st.

I wonder why they wouldn't continue reservations throughout the summer? Unless they are worried about the average families making their once-in-every-5-years-Disney-vacation trip and finding out Galaxy's Edge requires reservations. There are people who vacation to Disney without doing their research.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Bongocrab88

I just called the SWGE Reservation support (888) 834-9125. I explained to them that I booked my reservation incorrectly and failed to add my wife to the reservation. The cast member said they can make a one time exception and said he will email technical support and have my wife added. I gave him her full name and he said to expect an email within the next 5 days.

I had previously tried to add my wife the day reservations were launched last week and was told this would not be possible.

Just want to give the heads up for everyone in a similar boat to try again!

The Pho

I wonder why they wouldn't continue reservations throughout the summer? Unless they are worried about the average families making their once-in-every-5-years-Disney-vacation trip and finding out Galaxy's Edge requires reservations. There are people who vacation to Disney without doing their research.
There will always be people showing up completely uninformed. So to counter that, they could just hold reservations back to release day of if they wanted.

I think if the reservations work well, they’ll consider extending them for a while.

SWGalaxysEdge

I think he was trying to protect his source. Nothing wrong with that but thank you for a bit more info on the situation. So if it is fixed when will the ride open?

...from a CM working on it..."September for DL and December for DHS" - but nothing in stone...they even said take it with a grin of salt, but those were the latest time frames based on Test and Adjust going well.

sedati

This is what I was worried about after seeing some of the renderings and hearing about the 38 inch height requirement. It Looking like a Video game (because that’s what it is) and it being a less thrilling experience than Star Tours. Sounds like a huge buildup to a mediocre ride. The Falcon needed to have more movement than Star Tours, a travel agency transport. They re also using brand new simulators where I thought they could have pushed the boundaries a bit so it’s disappointing to hear that there is less movement than Star Tours.
I don't know why you had the assumption that a passive viewer experience would offer the more tame motions than the one where you are actively involved pusing buttons, steering, etc. In the more extreme moments in Star Tours you can grab at the hand-rests. In the Falcon ride, your hands should be busy, so I wouldn't expect to be thrown violently about while doing so.

mickEblu

I don't know why you had the assumption that a passive viewer experience would offer the more tame motions than the one where you are actively involved pusing buttons, steering, etc. In the more extreme moments in Star Tours you can grab at the hand-rests. In the Falcon ride, your hands should be busy, so I wouldn't expect to be thrown violently about while doing so.

Where did I ever use the word “violently”? I get that you needed to use the word so your post would make sense but I didn’t use it.

mickEblu

Objectively Flight of Passage has less quick motion than Star Tours, but subjectively it is more thrilling.

We're in the endgame now anyways

I haven’t rode it but it’s also a huge screen with amazing imagery right? Not video game graphics and a much smaller screen

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom