News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

NO, NO and NO.

There are serious issues with the attraction and Disney is trying to address them, and has no firm date.

Comments like later this year, someone said end of August, but no firm date has been stated, and the vagueness can be addressed as "Things are always subject to change without notice, so it could be 2020... Noe, Disney wants it open, and is doing its best, but until they can figure out a solution, then test it, and try it out, NOBODY knows when it will open. IMHO, late August is the earliest it will open.
Do you have any details on what the big issue is?

Darkbeer1

Do you have any details on what the big issue is?

I have been given some info, not 100% sure if it is totally correct. And it is inside information I can't share. The Cedar Fair West Coast VP brought up the issue this afternoon when he came over to say Hello at Knott's. And I couldn't even tell him, just the vague info, which he stated was what he was hearing. Knott's is expecting a good summer, partly due to increased visitors coming to check out Galaxy Edge and adding a day at Knott's. So far this year, Cedar Fair is very happy with both Knott's attendance numbers, and in increased revenue.

I think rereading other posts in this thread might give you a few clues.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I have been given some info, not 100% sure if it is totally correct. And it is inside information I can't share. The Cedar Fair West Coast VP brought up the issue this afternoon when he came over to say Hello at Knott's. And I couldn't even tell him, just the vague info, which he stated was what he was hearing. Knott's is expecting a good summer, partly due to increased visitors coming to check out Galaxy Edge and adding a day at Knott's. So far this year, Cedar Fair is very happy with both Knott's attendance numbers, and in increased revenue.

I think rereading other posts in this thread might give you a few clues.
I think a while back someone mentioned wi-fi is that remotley close? Is there really an issue or is it the ride was scheduled to open later anyway and the land is just opening sooner than expected?

180º

They said they were only told no pictures/videos. They described some things that were more detailed that I left out. I thought what I shared was fairly benign. If I did a summary of my takeaway it would be:
  • What they saw of the land is very impressive.
  • The queue is on par with Pandora, but may have details to be added farther in.
  • They liked the ride, but it's based on game console technology which is reflected in the visuals and there are trade-offs in how much control you have versus when the program steps in, but they thought it was very enjoyable.
I don't believe anything I have shared is detrimental to guests approaching this land and this attraction with anticipation and a sense of wonder. I'm not a professional journalist and I don't feel that I'm acting under a formal press embargo. And I don't feel I'm sharing proprietary information and in fact, I believe what I have shared is in line with what we have heard and have been discussing for months. Thousands of CMs are going to experience this attraction before May 31.

My source only shared a few details of the story line of their mission and I didn't share what little they told me. I deliberately didn't elaborate on specific operational details they told me about working the different stations.

I'm excited to see SW:GE in a couple of weeks and fly the Falcon for myself.
You’re good. It’s not your responsibility to filter what your sources divulge, and I appreciate your contributions!

SWGalaxysEdge

Fair enough. Dont wana get you in any hot water. Appreciate what info you could provide

...what hot water? I'm assuming the guy doesn't know, or why would he not speak up?
There's no NDA protection to describe what the problem is.

I've posted it before - the WiFi connectivity was a big issue. The ride cars communicate wirelessly so each car knows where the others are in the ride. If the connection is lost for more than 300 milliseconds, as a safety feature, they all shut down right where they are.

the Wifi kept dropping connection and they could not keep the ride going for very long. I even suggested a few ideas to try, since I used to work in Networking (14 years). I believe they resolved the issue, but not without firing a few companies.

I've shared this publicly many times here and on my SWGE group. Its embarrassing but it happens.

You should hear what happened to the RotR in Florida...but this is a DL thread...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

...what hot water? I'm assuming the guy doesn't know, or why would he not speak up?
There's no NDA protection to describe what the problem is.

I've posted it before - the WiFi connectivity was a big issue. The ride cars communicate wirelessly so each car knows where the others are in the ride. If the connection is lost for more than 300 milliseconds, as a safety feature, they all shut down right where they are.

the Wifi kept dropping connection and they could not keep the ride going for very long. I even suggested a few ideas to try, since I used to work in Networking (14 years). I believe they resolved the issue, but not without firing a few companies.

I've shared this publicly many times here and on my SWGE group. Its embarrassing but it happens.

You should hear what happened to the RotR in Florida...but this is a DL thread...
I think he was trying to protect his source. Nothing wrong with that but thank you for a bit more info on the situation. So if it is fixed when will the ride open?

VJ

Looks like the Fauxrebesh on the CM's nametags.
I wonder if the Fauxrebesh was based on Sacul, created by independent designer (and Disney/Star Wars fan) Louie Mantia.
Sacul.jpg

As a side note, he also shared his concept of an Aurebesh Coca-Cola logo right before Disney and Coca-Cola unveiled the new bottles... interesting.

JD2000

With the RotR problem reportedly solved; hopefully a less vague opening date than “later this year” is revealed soon (i.e. late autumn).

:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom