News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

And this is why cast members can’t have nice things. 😬

They said they were only told no pictures/videos. They described some things that were more detailed that I left out. I thought what I shared was fairly benign. If I did a summary of my takeaway it would be:
  • What they saw of the land is very impressive.
  • The queue is on par with Pandora, but may have details to be added farther in.
  • They liked the ride, but it's based on game console technology which is reflected in the visuals and there are trade-offs in how much control you have versus when the program steps in, but they thought it was very enjoyable.
I don't believe anything I have shared is detrimental to guests approaching this land and this attraction with anticipation and a sense of wonder. I'm not a professional journalist and I don't feel that I'm acting under a formal press embargo. And I don't feel I'm sharing proprietary information and in fact, I believe what I have shared is in line with what we have heard and have been discussing for months. Thousands of CMs are going to experience this attraction before May 31.

My source only shared a few details of the story line of their mission and I didn't share what little they told me. I deliberately didn't elaborate on specific operational details they told me about working the different stations.

I'm excited to see SW:GE in a couple of weeks and fly the Falcon for myself.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You say that it being a park ride on Earth is not lost on you, but you then proceed to make it seem that way. You keep bringing up the promises of immersion and then expect all-out 100% immersion... as if it being a park ride on Earth is lost on you.

There is no amount of immersion that will ever be 100% wherein a guest couldn't ""nitpick"" or wind up playing ""devil's advocate"" by finding something that is not of the fictional world we are purported to be in.

We can all see where this is going, just like your deluge of posts trying to make a point about how only the theatrical films are really canon and you just won't let it go. You're about to embark on the same spam of "where's the immersion we were promised"? All based on leaked info from a few people from a park and ride not fully finished.

I'm not saying we can't be critical if there are obvious mistakes or missed opportunities, but, that's not what you're doing here. You found a new schtick with which to be argumentative. Cut it out.
Its not schtick. It is valid logical complaint based on the story disney has set up. I am allowed to critique all i want. You are no one of authority to tell someome to "cut it out". My opinions are just as valid as yours. If you don't care to read them then by all means place me on ignore but to me the ignore button is for people who can't accept a differing point of view that goes against their own. Which indicates closed mindedness. I am free to express my concerns as freely as you are. I dont wish you harm nor do i wish to have an argument. I just wanted to share with the group another way to look at things. I will wish you a good night because i am done addressing your attempts to belittle me.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They said they were only told no pictures/videos. They described some things that were more detailed that I left out. I thought what I shared was fairly benign. If I did a summary of my takeaway it would be:
  • What they saw of the land is very impressive.
  • The queue is on par with Pandora, but may have details to be added farther in.
  • They liked the ride, but it's based on game console technology which is reflected in the visuals and there are trade-offs in how much control you have versus when the program steps in, but they thought it was very enjoyable.
I don't believe anything I have shared is detrimental to guests approaching this land and this attraction with anticipation and a sense of wonder. I'm not a professional journalist and I don't feel that I'm acting under a formal press embargo. And I don't feel I'm sharing proprietary information and in fact, I believe what I have shared is in line with what we have heard and have been discussing for months. Thousands of CMs are going to experience this attraction before May 31.

My source only shared a few details of the story line of their mission and I didn't share what little they told me. I deliberately didn't elaborate on specific operational details they told me about working the different stations.

I'm excited to see SW:GE in a couple of weeks and fly the Falcon for myself.
You dont need to explain yourself bud. I think you clearly expressed your point the first time. You always share good info man. Keep the updates coming

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Again, there are certain limitations of telling a story within a theme park. It doesn’t make sense to why’d you see hundreds of other people lining up to fly a ship with only 6 seats. Or that there EXIT signs in the Millenium Falcon. It’s a visual illusion we choose to believe in, as you have to overlook certain aspects that are unavoidable.

Not sure, but very likely as it won’t be a reservation slot, but more like a normal queue of people translated to a digital queue. So when 50 guests leave the land, 50 more will be able to enter. Not that exactly, but a similar concept.

Interesting lighting tests going on tonight:

You make some good points. I was just sharing a different point of view. Thank you for having a good rebuttal in a non antogonizing way that leads to a good open discussion. I appreciate your point of view

Practical Pig

Possibly but between the reports and the 38 inch height requirement it’s not looking good. I’m not even a huge fan of Star Tours. I just expected the Falcon ride to be a more thrilling version of it. I mean it’s the FALCON after all. It sounds like everything amazing about this ride is really the Queue and the Falcon parked outside which is kind of what I expected. And I guess the whole interactive video game thing if you re into that. We’ll see.

Point taken on the height requirement. I'm hoping for a good balance of thrills and consideration of youngling sensibilities. But I don't think there's any chance that the iconic Falcon ride wasn't going to be child-friendly. Children are the future (customers).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Its not schtick. It is valid logical complaint based on the story disney has set up. I am allowed to critique all i want. You are no one of authority to tell someome to "cut it out". My opinions are just as valid as yours. If you don't care to read them then by all means place me on ignore but to me the ignore button is for people who can't accept a differing point of view that goes against their own. Which indicates closed mindedness. I am free to express my concerns as freely as you are. I dont wish you harm nor do i wish to have an argument. I just wanted to share with the group another way to look at things. I will wish you a good night because i am done addressing your attempts to belittle me.

If you don't want to hear on a public forum that people are tired of you spamming your point over and over again (a schtick), then you can put me on ignore.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Point taken on the height requirement. I'm hoping for a good balance of thrills and consideration of youngling sensibilities. But I don't think there's any chance that the iconic Falcon ride wasn't going to be child-friendly. Children are the future (customers).

My 3 year old can ride the Falcon today if he wanted to lol (or if I wanted him to). I’m not talking anything crazy. Im talking like a 40 -42 inch height limit and something more thrilling than Star Tours. Not less

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If you don't want to here on a public forum that people are tired of you spamming your point over and over again (a schtick), then you can put me on ignore.
I will never place anyone on ignore. I welcome differing opinions as long as they are not condescending like yours. I am not spamming. I am sharing legit gripes i have. If that is how YOU interpreit it then that is on you. Again I wish you well. Lets just agree to disagree and end this civil like. Have a good night. I do look forward to reading your posts in the future.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

My 3 year old can ride the Falcon today if he wanted to lol (or if I wanted him to). I’m not talking anything crazy. Im talking like a 40 -42 inch height limit and something more thrilling than Star Tours. Not less
Can you explain in what manner you want it to be more thrilling than star tours? Are we talking having it go upside down like the falcon sometimes does when it flies in the movies or are you meaning more movents as you get in Indiana Jones Adventure. Like more frequent movements? I am not giving you a hard time just curious as to what your expectations are.

Practical Pig

Oh, that's what I want for myself too. But with only two rides in this huge new land, practically, one really has to be young child-friendly. Maybe if they had squeezed in a Porg petting zoo ...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will never place anyone on ignore. I welcome differing opinions as long as they are not condescending like yours. I am not spamming. I am sharing legit gripes i have. If that is how YOU interpreit it then that is on you. Again I wish you well. Lets just agree to disagree and end this civil like. Have a good night. I do look forward to reading your posts in the future.

I sincerely hope you have a good night, too.

mickEblu

Can you explain in what manner you want it to be more thrilling than star tours? Are we talking having it go upside down like the falcon sometimes does when it flies in the movies or are you meaning more movents as you get in Indiana Jones Adventure. Like more frequent movements? I am not giving you a hard time just curious as to what your expectations are.

Well upside down for a few seconds would be great lol but no I’m talking just more movement in general in all directions. More exaggerated movement. The Millenium Falcon should defintley have more movement than a Star Speeder.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I am less concerned with the falcon being thrilling than I am about Rise of the Risistance being thrilling. Anyone else feel the same? Like trackless technology is cool and all but they don't scream at me "fast vehicle with losts of movement like Indy!" To me, Indiana Jones sets the bar for what a modern E Ticket dark ride should be. Now granted we have not seen much footage of the RISE ride vehicle in action except that promo clip of it going in to the AT-AT room but it looks slow. I get there will be some outstanding AA's in the ride but I just dont get a 'thrilling' vibe from the ride description and little footage shown. I know there is supposed to be a drop but I got a feeling it wont be anything like Mission Breatout's drop and more like the old parachute ride drop from Knott's Berry back in the day. Anyone else habe a similar comcern? Just curious.

mickEblu

I am less concerned with the falcon being thrilling than I am about Rise of the Risistance being thrilling. Anyone else feel the same? Like trackless technology is cool and all but they don't scream at me "fast vehicle with losts of movement like Indy!" To me, Indiana Jones sets the bar for what a modern E Ticket dark ride should be. Now granted we have not seen much footage of the RISE ride vehicle in action except that promo clip of it going in to the AT-AT room but it looks slow. I get there will be some outstanding AA's in the ride but I just dont get a 'thrilling' vibe from the ride description and little footage shown. I know there is supposed to be a drop but I got a feeling it wont be anything like Mission Breatout's drop and more like the old parachute ride drop from Knott's Berry back in the day. Anyone else habe a similar comcern? Just curious.

I actually feel quite the opposite. I’m totally fine with ROTR being the more mild attraction with a “thrilling” finale since it has the huge sets, AAs, trackless ride system etc.

The Falcon is a glorified video game with movement. It needs the thrill. Plus it’s like...the FALCON!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom