News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

I am trying to figure out where in this project would another show room fit. The one option i see for a good size plot of land that can hold another show building looks to be here. Is this the area?

Looks like the orange can be a good size show building and if they are able to eliminate the temporary building behind that and remove the large dirt mound and just build against the track area tunnel they can add a few more workable spaceView attachment 336340

...sorry I always get the 2 conversations mixed up between CA and FL. The landing pad I was referring to was in FL. I had heard the CA expansion would be behind the Falcon building (somewhere in the orange area if my attachment)
expansion2.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...sorry I always get the 2 conversations mixed up between CA and FL. The landing pad I was referring to was in FL. I had heard the CA expansion would be behind the Falcon building (somewhere in the orange area if my attachment)View attachment 336397
The rumored expansion pad for CA, if there really is one, is said to be the two white support buildings that are behind Falcon. In your pic it’s the two buildings next to the “Mickey” label that are the shape of “<“.

SuddenStorm

...sorry I always get the 2 conversations mixed up between CA and FL. The landing pad I was referring to was in FL. I had heard the CA expansion would be behind the Falcon building (somewhere in the orange area if my attachment)View attachment 336397

I mean, who needs a backstage area anyways, right?

All those offices and warehouses are expendable. Burn them all!

BrianLo

Original Poster
I am trying to figure out where in this project would another show room fit. The one option i see for a good size plot of land that can hold another show building looks to be here. Is this the area?

Looks like the orange can be a good size show building and if they are able to eliminate the temporary building behind that and remove the large dirt mound and just build against the track area tunnel they can add a few more workable spaceView attachment 336340

Yes this is correct, the same space exists in Florida.

I would rather this expansion pad be used for Toontown or Fantasyland versus more Star Wars.

Technically speaking both already have their own expansion pads (Music/Entertainment for toon town) and Fantasyland has quite a few options (Wonderbra or Autotopia), Tomorrowland has Innoventions and Critter country can expand by about 1.5 acres into SW:GE/backstage if it knocks down Pooh and redraws its boundaries.

So in that instance I don’t see the harm in this spot going to Star Wars. It also creates a more natural full berm.

The other logistical issue is that space from guest accessibility can only be utilized for SW:GE during the fireworks without closure. If it’s tacked onto fantasyland or Toontown with the opposite guest approach it will need to be closed for a chunk of the operating day.

Professortango1

I found mission breakout to be far more fun and engaging than Transformers.

I find it to be a better IP, but I prefer physical sets and screens integrated into action rather than just watching one static screen over and over. The motion base on Transformers also allows for more simulated movement obviously as the motion base in Mission BO only was designed to simulate a faster drop/rise. Mission BO does have more physical thrills and better music, but I prefer story/sets to thrills and music; that's why I prefer Disney to Six Flags.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
...maybe this part of it?

No, your image cuts it off. It's more to the right near the building on the ledge.

DSC05700.jpeg

The thing is, the model's mountains aren't 100% representative of the real thing because they fill in the gaps on the model. In the actual rock work, much of the forced perspective background rocks are spaced apart on the horizontal plane. That's what is causing the "gaps" when you look at it from a distance like on the Mark Twain.

Screenshot (5).png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Here's some additional perspective on the "gaps" from two other angles. I color coded matching elements between the two pics. As you can see, they would need to put addition rock work or elements between the sheets to fill in the gaps. From the top pic and the aerial one in my previous post, there is currently no indication of adding anything, especially since HVAC is in the way. The more I study this the more I think they are going to wait it out until tree growth.

Image credit: Latest Fresh Baked video

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

bshah365

No, your image cuts it off. It's more to the right near the building on the ledge.

View attachment 336639

The thing is, the model's mountains aren't 100% representative of the real thing because they fill in the gaps on the model. In the actual rock work, much of the forced perspective background rocks are spaced apart on the horizontal plane. That's what is causing the "gaps" when you look at it from a distance like on the Mark Twain.

View attachment 336640

Thank you for this! I know Yensid 55 briefly stated a while back that they would finish the gaps at a later time on one of his youtube videos... but.. scaffolding has already come down... we are a short 5 months away from softs and rock work isn't something that can be done overnight... The last couple months of construction should consist of detail work, horticulture, concrete pouring and testing/rehearsing.

Ismael Flores

Thank you for this! I know Yensid 55 briefly stated a while back that they would finish the gaps at a later time on one of his youtube videos... but.. scaffolding has already come down... we are a short 5 months away from softs and rock work isn't something that can be done overnight... The last couple months of construction should consist of detail work, horticulture, concrete pouring and testing/rehearsing.

looks like those are areas that can easily be done even if it comes time for land opening. If they add more mesh and the concrete poured within days The detail in those small additions doesn't have to be to extreme since the view is from a distance and only from the Mark twain. They can even prefab something that gets added to the supports so that it blends in to the rockwork but does not have to be fully molded and could definitely be painted darker to help add depth.

GrizzlyAdams

It’s too bad it’s just a few feet for most of the gaps. They should fix.

I really wish they’d redone Pooh ride into Tokyo’s Honey Hunt Ride while they made Galaxys Edge. proximity of construction and the Money they spent it would have been a great addition that had non Star Wars fans excited.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
looks like those are areas that can easily be done even if it comes time for land opening. If they add more mesh and the concrete poured within days The detail in those small additions doesn't have to be to extreme since the view is from a distance and only from the Mark twain. They can even prefab something that gets added to the supports so that it blends in to the rockwork but does not have to be fully molded and could definitely be painted darker to help add depth.

But really does it need to be done at all if you can only see it by a camara lens zoomed in from the far end of the river on the MT. I mean really why spend more money on something that, A. we're talking about a sliver of an open area that most guest won't see or even notice and B. in a year when trees grow out they won't even be able to see anyways.

If it wasn't for all the Tubers and fansites taking pictures and making a big deal about it, no one would even notice it anyways.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Original Poster
I would like it fixed... but I don’t have the context of seeing it in person either. It seems like a matter of a couple of feet to fix up and we have a precedent with one spot in New Fantasyland that they added some late rock work to - to cover a small sliver showing.

SWGalaxysEdge

What's sad and disappointing is how many non-SW people out there I see all excited about visiting "Star Wars Land" in Florida when it opens next Summer. Think about what I just typed.

(1) They are calling it SWL. - This may never change.
(2) They only think its in 1 park
(3) They think its opening this Summer in Florida.

I've been correcting them till my fingers bleed but its a small drop in the bucket. Disney better get to showing the difference in a much better way. Yes, WE know the difference but the average Disney goer has it all wrong.

I feel badly for some of them because they are planing big vacations around the opening but they have the facts all wrong.

What's sad and disappointing is how many non-SW people out there I see all excited about visiting "Star Wars Land" in Florida when it opens next Summer. Think about what I just typed.

I've been correcting them till my fingers bleed but its a small drop in the bucket. Disney better get to showing the difference in a much better way. Yes, WE know the difference but the average Disney goer has it all wrong.

I feel badly for some of them because they are planing big vacations around the opening but they have the facts all wrong.
That’s upsetting

mickEblu

This is what I have seen continuously. If this confuses anyone, I don’t feel bad for them.

69DDB9A1-8699-44D6-8523-441910888221.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom