News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Rich T

My son is extremely ridiculous about watching things in order (never out of order) and wants to start with Duck Tales Episode one before he will watch the new season. He tried renting it from the library, but it was missing episodes, do you know where he can watch all the episodes from the old show?
Your son has the right idea, but I would really recommend just diving into the new Ducktales without worrying about the 80's show, because it's a complete from-the-base-up reboot that moves forward as if the old show didn't exist. Except for Scrooge and Donald, all the characters are recast with new (better) personalities and backgrounds. They're combining lore from the comic books and the 80's show with new material to create a new take on everything. Also, it's 100x funnier than the old show.

BUT, the old show is classic, and worth seeing too even if it doesn't connect directly to the new show's universe. iTunes & Amazon have most of the run available for a reasonable price per season. The only problem is, Disney never released the final (and worst) season of the old show on video in any form in the U.S.

And, for anyone reading this who doesn't have time to watch the entire new show: At least try to watch the (officially-free-on-YouTube) double-length pilot episode (Woo-oo) and the double-length finale (The Shadow War). Great stuff! :D

mickEblu

Right in the heart. Those were my jam.

85742665.gif

Here's another memory lane trip:
giphy.gif

This right here was my JAM!! This is what like 92/93?

mickEblu

Yeah that was like in 92. That was after me, I was in HS so wasn't watching most of those. I watched in the 80s with shows like The Edison Twins.

See I don’t even know what that is. The earliest memories I have of the Disney channel was Dumbos circus. I enjoyed a lot of the Disney Channel programming and movies through the late 90s and then maybe even into the early 2000’s as I have two little sisters. “My date with the presidents daughter” was fun. My fave I think was the “Field Goal kicking trash picking Philadelphia phenomenon “ or something like that with Tony Danza.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
See I don’t even know what that is. The earliest memories I have of the Disney channel was Dumbos circus. I enjoyed a lot of the Disney Channel programming and movies through the late 90s and then maybe even into the early 2000’s as I have two little sisters. “My date with the presidents daughter” was fun. My fave I think was the “Field Goal kicking trash picking Philadelphia phenomenon “ or something like that with Tony Danza.

I watched here and there after 1990, it was mostly specific shows and not the whole channel lineup.

Like I watched shows like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and Even Stevens.

Here is a list of all the shows from the start to present:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Disney_Channel

Prior to the early to mid 90s a majority of shows were imports from either other studios or Canadian TV. I think that is why so many are fond of the 90s shows since that the start of the Disney Originals era.

tonymu

Premium Member
Best thing about the original Disney Channel was the short little behind the scenes shows they showed from time to time that gave you a peak at some behind the scenes or "secret" things or how things worked. I used to watch the Disney Channel just for those little segments (& read Birnbaum Travel Guide books). Then this little internet thing came along and ruined all the magic with websites and forums that had pictures of everything and people in the know who shared things and now there are no secrets......... Thanks Internet! ;):mad::po_O

TROR

I was cool with the idea of making it Fantasyland when they announced it and even when they unveiled it, and honestly it is a really nice little area, but I can't help but feel some charm is gone.

nevol

Latest MTwain Vid...

Anyone else just amazed by how well SW:GE rock formations are blending into ROA? Its blending in so well it almost looks like it was always meant to look that way.

I love the audio. They are going to great lengths to hide star wars land from the rest of disneyland and hide disneyland from star wars. However, it will be the light intrusions that really make it feel like home. I look forward to being in star wars land and hearing the steam train pass by.

mickEblu

I was cool with the idea of making it Fantasyland when they announced it and even when they unveiled it, and honestly it is a really nice little area, but I can't help but feel some charm is gone.

SAme here. I think the path to Frontierland takes it over the top though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom