News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Stevek

The new trailer comes out later today but was already shown at Celebration. Looking for leaked copies now...
Unfortunately a new trailer was never released...apparently the rumor a couple of weeks ago was exactly just that. But, I do love the BTS trailer.

And if you are a fan of Rebels like me, here's the trailer for Season 3. The big news is the return of Grand Admiral Thrawn and equally as big, a new novel called "Thrawn" by Timothy Zahn for April 2017

ctrlaltdel

Maybe the trailer was so bad they won't release it?
It's really short (like only a minute) and recycles some of what we saw in the first teaser. I saw a slightly better (still crappy) version of the leaked trailer last night. The last shot in the trailer is incredible. Hope it gets released with Star Trek Beyond next weekend.

D

Deleted member 107043

Concrete is being poured into the forms for the walls we've been watching for several weeks now.

SWL-July-13-Mid-3.jpg

Has there been confirmation on what these are for? More walls are being built directly behind BTMRR.

SWL-July-13-TM-3.jpg

SWL-July-13-TM-6.jpg

Variable

Maybe the trailer was so bad they won't release it?

A trailer only becomes a trailer when it's released. Until then it's just work in progress.
They have full control over the product, so if what the we're assembling didn't look good, it should not have been a surprise. Right?

Old Mouseketeer

Largo isn't even the top concrete firm. Disney cheaping out!

Disney ALWAYS cheaps out. When they built the Mark VI Monorails, they sold their monorail technology (based on ALWEG) to Canada's Bombardier, who then built the new Las Vegas monorails based on that platform. When they ordered the Mark VIIs for Disneyland, Bombardier wasn't the low bidder, so they selected a company in Vancouver, BC that had never built monorails. When the first train (red) was delivered, the first time they towed it out of the roundhouse it couldn't even make the turn on the spur to the main line. The undercarriage of the nose cone jammed.

Oh, and Light Tragic anyone? The company contracted to build the floats gave up--the technology was beyond their capabilities halfway through. And I have no freaking clue what's happening with Rivers of Light.

Variable

Disney ALWAYS cheaps out. When they built the Mark VI Monorails, they sold their monorail technology (based on ALWEG) to Canada's Bombardier, who then built the new Las Vegas monorails based on that platform. When they ordered the Mark VIIs for Disneyland, Bombardier wasn't the low bidder, so they selected a company in Vancouver, BC that had never built monorails. When the first train (red) was delivered, the first time they towed it out of the roundhouse it couldn't even make the turn on the spur to the main line. The undercarriage of the nose cone jammed.

Oh, and Light Tragic anyone? The company contracted to build the floats gave up--the technology was beyond their capabilities halfway through. And I have no freaking clue what's happening with Rivers of Light.

It's how business works.

It's even how companies hire: bring in those willing to accept the lowest pay,

Old Mouseketeer

I think he's teasing. Pouring concrete is done quite well by thousands of contractors every day. If anything Disney has become too attached to its thinking More $ = Better

I dunno. I would certainly say that Disney went through a phase when they thought Less $ = Better (or just as good....< cough, Pressler > ). I think we've seen the company adjust or reverse course as a result of the lackluster performance of DCA 1.0 and Universal nipping at their heels with E-ticket attractions. OLC opened DisneySea within a year of DCA--they spent twice as much bucks and they got twice as much park. With another 1.5 billion, DCA looks and performs more like a Disney park.

D

Deleted member 107043

I dunno. I would certainly say that Disney went through a phase when they thought Less $ = Better

I agree. I liked DCA 1.0 because even though the execution was poor I saw that it had a good foundation on which to build upon. There's no question that the park at opening was built on a shoestring budget and it backfired big time. Since the mid-2000s there's appears to be a greater investment from Disney in P&R projects resulting in a marked improvement in the consistency and quality of work from WDI.

ctrlaltdel

Marni posted this in the DHS thread yesterday. Seems like the MF attraction will have a capacity of around 1800-1900/hr.
Now, the other ride..

I'm now able to nail some points and firm up some rumour about the Falcon attraction.

Spaceport themed. Lots of themed queue and preshows / safety areas. Lots of nods to the interior of the ship from the movies. Queue will develop from spaceport to Falcon interior to cockpit.

Hybrid ride system that is part Omnimover and part simulator. Or more one on top of the other. It shouldn't be apparent it is an Omnimover hybrid. And it'll go round and round and round all day. A subtle nod to Journey into Imagination ;) Physical capsule for guests with a viewport to a large exterior screen, unlike Star Tours with its attached screen. A simple, effective and not cheap method is being employed to try and counter demand. Assuming a cycle time of 5 minutes it could have a THRC in the upper high teens. Longer cycle and it'll be more mid teens.

Edit. For the sake of accuracy I'll add here it will go round and round and round almost all day.
Ideally the capacity should be higher, but he said the Battle attraction should have a high capacity. I'm just worried it won't be enough to for even one of the attractions to just have "OK" capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom