News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Rich T

Well, while I really was kidding about the strollers being worse than the parking garage view (surreal!)... They really are the resorts #1 eyesore... besides DVC booths. The Fantasmic camps used to be #1. Mickey and Friends Garage wins the Special Guest Appearance award.

But watcha gonna do? In the dream park of my mind, I'd ban strollers and tell the parents to wait-a-coupla-years-your-baby;s-not-gonna-remember-any-of-this, but that will never happen in real life... and it shouldn't; DL's a family destination. Short of providing some kind of world's greatest affordable baby-care center, I've got no solution.

Rich T

Wait...how about charging full admission for babies? Double full admission for Passholder family babies. H'yuk.

Phroobar

A lot of those strollers don't have babys in them. I've seen a lot of older kids in them like nine or ten year olds. I've considered bringing my stroller for my nine year old with CP but it's too much of a hassle and besides he needs the exercise of walking to improve his leg muscles.

westie

I think the simple rule should be, if your kids big enough that their legs are dragging on the ground its time to get out and walk. Children with disabilities being the exception. But they should be in wheelchairs if their legs are dragging.

Curious Constance

Yes, joking. But I have now implemented that policy in my imaginary RCT3 park.
Lol here are some helpful tips when imagining your dream park.

"The best solution to all this, really, is to sit in a quiet room in your parents’ home or wherever you live, and close your eyes and dream of the best version of a theme park world. You can think of the old parking lot at Disneyland or what might happen if Disney’s global stranglehold on themed entertainment and joy were not so pervasive, and you can do it without the word SUCKER tattood on your forehead. Sure, you might spot Walt Disney’s ghost strolling through Disneyland and weeping, but what a small price to pay to dream-visit your favorite theme parks, without any interference from the terrible, terrible real world."

dweezil78

I have a three year old who LOVES going to the parks, can identify most park audio after hearing just a few seconds, and knows more DL trivia than your average guest. He's three though and has very little legs which means it'd take us an hour to walk from Pirates to Mansion without a stroller or me throwing out my back from trying to carry the whole time. So a stroller it is... I know it sucks, but whadda ya gonna do. :D

D

Deleted member 107043

Lol here are some helpful tips when imagining your dream park.

"The best solution to all this, really, is to sit in a quiet room in your parents’ home or wherever you live, and close your eyes and dream of the best version of a theme park world. You can think of the old parking lot at Disneyland or what might happen if Disney’s global stranglehold on themed entertainment and joy were not so pervasive, and you can do it without the word SUCKER tattood on your forehead. Sure, you might spot Walt Disney’s ghost strolling through Disneyland and weeping, but what a small price to pay to dream-visit your favorite theme parks, without any interference from the terrible, terrible real world."

Where did you find that?? lmao!!

Curious Constance

See strollers are acceptatble as long as it's me with my child and/or my friends with their kids. It's all the other people with their strollers who I don't like. ;)
I can agree with this. Although at this point, I'm footloose and stroller free at the parks. Last time we went my son was 6, so we didn't use one. It felt nice not being saddled down. He was three the time we went before that, so we definitely had one then. I think it's necessary, not only because they walk so slow and tend to want to run away from you the entire time, but also, they need a place to nap.

PalisadesPkteer

OK, Disney built the Tangled bathrooms in the MK.
So maybe build small themed areas to put the strollers in?

What do you guys and gals think? ( Several, but small ones through out the parks. And clear of pathways.)

And as far as the Star Wars area, is the expansion pad for this area or the conversion of Toon Town into the new Fantasyland? And must agree, seeing the parking garage from NO square is just wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom