News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

Building right below the red right column of buildings.

Overhead2-031316-AVP_zpsicrugpjz.png

D

Deleted member 107043

Given that actual construction hasn't even begun yet such an accomplishment would be miraculous in this day and age of slowpoke Disney timelines.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Universal could do it.

Even Universal's more substantial projects have had approximately 30 month build times. Transformers is a complete exception to the rule, and no offence to them, but it even looks like it was thrown up in under a year.

Given the substantial legacy infrastructure removal and rebuilding required of ROA, plus the sheer size of this project, I don't think December 2018 (if they manage to pull that off) qualifies as slow.

We have no indication yet they are behind schedule, but I too would place my money on this slipping into Spring 2019.

JoFu

Even Universal's more substantial projects have had approximately 30 month build times. Transformers is a complete exception to the rule, and no offence to them, but it even looks like it was thrown up in under a year.

Given the substantial legacy infrastructure removal and rebuilding required of ROA, plus the sheer size of this project, I don't think December 2018 (if they manage to pull that off) qualifies as slow.

We have no indication yet they are behind schedule, but I too would place my money on this slipping into Spring 2019.
I'm not holding my breath, but the speed of the demo so far has surprised me and I'm optimistic that they can get it open in 2018. I know it's just demo, but wow they moved faster than I thought they would so far.

JoFu

Maybe if we all wish upon a star, they will move faster?
Of course it took them two years to give us dancing cars.
That was cray cray. I'm no expert in the ways they had to change the floor, I imagine there are some sort of embedded sensors and inductive power to support the ride, but the cars were definitely built off site. I just don't see why they couldn't have closed it later and completed the change in a few months at most. The tires were unsuccessful, but if they remained open for more time while they completed the design and off-site work I bet people would've been happier.

JediMasterMatt

While 24/7 construction isn't going to happen (at least until crunch time hits), the pace you see now is an example of how fast this project will move. The plan is still very much to have this battle station fully operational by holiday season 2018.

They gotta show Alderaan and the Rebel Alliance that they mean business.

They've got the Endor crew working on WDW's version. Tarkin's team is focused on DL.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The problem with wishing upon a star is that, because of the distance, our dreams won't come true for millions of years.
It depends on the star.

Proxima Centauri's turn around time is just a little over 4 years.

If you really need something quick you should wish upon the sun. It can get it done in under 9 minutes.;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom