News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Curious Constance

I have a three year old who LOVES going to the parks, can identify most park audio after hearing just a few seconds, and knows more DL trivia than your average guest. He's three though and has very little legs which means it'd take us an hour to walk from Pirates to Mansion without a stroller or me throwing out my back from trying to carry the whole time. So a stroller it is... I know it sucks, but whadda ya gonna do. :D
Have you ever been stuck in a mob of people with a stroller? It's truly terrifying. I thought I'd never move again. Literal back to back people after a parade that we weren't even watching, and no one let's you move when you have a stroller! Everyone cuts in front of you. My husband and daughter just had to stand there, they couldn't walk on without me, it was the worst time ever at the parks.

Rich T

OK, Disney built the Tangled bathrooms in the MK.
So maybe build small themed areas to put the strollers in?

What do you guys and gals think? ( Several, but small ones through out the parks. And clear of pathways.)
This would be ideal. Because of space limitations, though, it'll probably never be a top priority at the DLR parks.

dweezil78

Have you ever been stuck in a mob of people with a stroller? It's truly terrifying. I thought I'd never move again. Literal back to back people after a parade that we weren't even watching, and no one let's you move when you have a stroller! Everyone cuts in front of you. My husband and daughter just had to stand there, they couldn't walk on without me, it was the worst time ever at the parks.

That's why the best strategy is to always stay back and watch the parade from a place where you can kill some time afterwards while the crowds drain. (i.e. Hop on Small World after Paint the Night or run over to Pirates or Mansion after Fantasmic). I try to avoid becoming part of the herd at all costs!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I can agree with this. Although at this point, I'm footloose and stroller free at the parks. Last time we went my son was 6, so we didn't use one. It felt nice not being saddled down. He was three the time we went before that, so we definitely had one then. I think it's necessary, not only because they walk so slow and tend to want to run away from you the entire time, but also, they need a place to nap.
We went stroller free with our 4 and 6 year old and it was great! My husband and I each had a back pack for coats (January) water and a few snacks, and we just went. The kids did well for the most part. 6 year old was fine. 4 year old had a few problems but over all was fine.

Curious Constance

We went stroller free with our 4 and 6 year old and it was great! My husband and I each had a back pack for coats (January) water and a few snacks, and we just went. The kids did well for the most part. 6 year old was fine. 4 year old had a few problems but over all was fine.
I did the backpack last time too. I loved not having to carry my purse around.

George Lucas on a Bench

i-wc3c3b2-O.png

TP2000

Strollers seem to be an American thing. Travel to theme parks or really anywhere outside the U.S. and strollers are not common at all. You see a few, but not many.

I have family with small children, two to five years old, and they don't use strollers. They are very stylish people living up in the Pacific Northwest and have a European-sensibility about raising their children. They've been to Disneyland repeatedly in the last few years and always bring the little ones, but don't own or use a stroller. The children walk. The littlest toddler gets carried by Dad for short bursts of time if he is tired or they are walking more than 10 minutes straight. The entire family is tall and slender and very healthy, but not a breed of superhuman.

From pre-historic times to about 1975 most toddlers and older children walked through life, even at Disneyland. It's still possible to do that with your kids in the 21st century, as my family members from the Pacific Northwest does. Or pretty much anywhere in Western Europe and Asia.

Strollers for children over the age of 2 or 3 is an American thing. And an American thing post-1975 at that.

Phroobar

What's the deal with putting a leash on the kids? What are they pets? I know the idea is to make sure they don't run off but whatever happen to holding their hand and keeping an eye on them?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What's the deal with putting a leash on the kids? What are they pets? I know the idea is to make sure they don't run off but whatever happen to holding their hand and keeping an eye on them?
I part paranoid parenting another part kids that actually need it.

I have a friend whose son that would see something that caught his attention and would sprint over to get it without warning. That is not a big deal when you are in your back yard, but it is when you are waiting in a queue 5' from a fleet of moving buses.

Mike S

When I was a little kid I was terrible with getting away from my parents at Disney. Always happened at least once per trip.

D

Deleted member 107043

Because of space limitations, though, it'll probably never be a top priority at the DLR parks.

I don't know. They keep saying guest experience is one of their top priorities, and clearly the masses of strollers are creating headaches for park operations, parents with young children, and guests in general. With DLR and WDW's attendance expected to grow they're going to have to address it sooner or later.

Phroobar

When I was a little kid I was terrible with getting away from my parents at Disney. Always happened at least once per trip.
Your still alive. You weren't sold in to slavery. You parents always found you. I don't think very many kids totally disappear from the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom