News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Mike S

Your still alive. You weren't sold in to slavery. You parents always found you. I don't think very many kids totally disappear from the park.
I know. That's kind of the point of me posting that. They didn't need a leash. They did threaten to get one though.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I didn't bother posting the comparison last week as I didn't think it was all that exciting... That's definitely not the case now!

i-Pf8b2SB-O.png

2 weeks ago

i-Qz7Vkv7-O.png

Now

(Credit Mint Crocodile)

D

Deleted member 107043

OMG! I knew this coming, but the scope of the demolition in Frontierland is almost breathtaking.

NobodyElse

I didn't bother posting the comparison last week as I didn't think it was all that exciting... That's definitely not the case now!

i-Pf8b2SB-O.png

2 weeks ago

i-Qz7Vkv7-O.png

Now

(Credit Mint Crocodile)

While I certainly appreciate the work of "Mint Crocodile", I sort of wish he/she would put a little chalk mark up in the parking structure to help produce some consistent angles of shots. (Thus endeth my airing of first-world grievances for the day.) :)

RMichael21

i-Pf8b2SB-O.png

2 weeks ago

i-Qz7Vkv7-O.png

Now

(Credit Mint Crocodile)
WOW! That's such an interesting view! Is that Tom Sawyer's Island and the drained river?

EDIT: No it isn't. But, I believe the river is farther to the right, correct?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
What's the deal with putting a leash on the kids? What are they pets? I know the idea is to make sure they don't run off but whatever happen to holding their hand and keeping an eye on them?
I used to be judgey about them too before I had my son. From the time he could walk he wanted to walk, which was fine except he had a knack for twisting out of your hand and sprinting. For about 6 months (2 to 2.5) U had to leash him and hold his hand. The leash was back up for if he twisted out of my hand. He would always manage to find the exact second I was slightly distracted in the store to try and run for it. After about 6 months he had learned not to run for the most part. The alternative was trying to strap a screaming child into a cart or never leaving the house.

D

Deleted member 107043

When is the ground breaking? Should be any day now, right? I hope we get some official news soon.

TP2000

i-Qz7Vkv7-O.png

Now

(Credit Mint Crocodile)

Wow. No, that's a Double Wow.

I like that you can see one of those big trees all boxed up and ready to be carted off. They've apparently saved the best of the mature trees and will replant them. That's not a cheap thing to do, but I'm glad they are doing it.

I went to Food & Wine on Monday evening and noticed there's a bunch of new and very tall trees suddenly sitting behind Luigi's Roadsters ride; they are obviously from the Rivers of America and WDI is stashing them around the perimeter of the Resort where they can add shade and interest until they get replanted in 2018.

This project is fascinating to watch, and it's only just begun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom