News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

So what does this mean?

Capture.PNG

What about Splash Mountain?

Figments Friend

Hoping 'Splash Mountain' gets some much needed attention from maintenance while it is down over the next few weeks.

When I visited earlier last month it was in the worst Show condition I have seen to date.
Many AAs looking rough, partially working, or just outright missing from scenes.

Most noticable of all besides the figure issues were all the burned out light bulbs.
Several scenes were completely in the dark, and some with working figures, but you could barely see them!
I'm aware of the difficulties and heavy restrictions regarding doing the proper upkeep, but wow....it was poor Show.

Hoping that gets a look in to, and soon.

-

mickEblu

Hoping 'Splash Mountain' gets some much needed attention from maintenance while it is down over the next few weeks.

When I visited earlier last month it was in the worst Show condition I have seen to date.
Many AAs looking rough, partially working, or just outright missing from scenes.

Most noticable of all besides the figure issues were all the burned out light bulbs.
Several scenes were completely in the dark, and some with working figures, but you could barely see them!

Poor Show.
Hoping that gets a look in to.

-

Isn't there some fall protection issue or something that makes it difficult for them to permanently fix these issues? That's why after every refurb, everything starts breaking down again. I will say though that it never seems as bad as what I read here. Usually just a static AA or two and maybe one missing. One time the mama rabbit was missing. I kind of like how dark the interior is, so that doesn't bother me.

Figments Friend

Isn't there some fall protection issue or something that makes it difficult for them to permanently fix these issues? That's why after every refurb, everything starts breaking down again. I will say though that it's never seemed as bad as what I read here. Usually just a static AA or two and maybe one missing. One time the mama rabbit was missing. I kind of like how dark the interior is, so that doesn't bother me.

Yes, that is exactly what the issue is....the fall protection standards.
It would be nice if that could be sorted out somehow, or at least upgrade the interior lighting to LEDs that would last longer in the field.

There were several issues and multiple figures missing when I visited in September.
I have been on the Attraction before when it has had some previous issues here and there but no ways near as poor as it looked during my most recent visit.
It was surprising to see it looking so rough as it looked really great just a few months prior when last I was in town.

Like I said, I hope it gets some attention while it is closed in the coming weeks.

-

mickEblu

Yes, that is exactly what the issue is.
It would be nice if that could be sorted out, or at least upgrade the lighting to LED that would last longer in the field.

There were several issues and multiple figures missing when I visited in September.
I have been on the Attraction before when it has had some previous issues here and there but no ways near as poor as it looked during my most recent visit.
it was surprising to see it looking so rough as it looked really great just a few months prior when last I was in town.

Like I said, I hope it gets some attention while it is closed in the coming weeks.

-

That's sad to hear. It's probably my favorite ride at the park. Would the LED upgrade fix the AA issues though?

Figments Friend

That's sad to hear. It's probably my favorite ride at the park. Would the LED upgrade fix the AA issues though?

Well no, the LEDs would only improve the longevity of the interior lighting.
It looks like a scene or two are already upgraded to LEDs ...the colorful lighting in the main Laughin' Place scene comes to mind.

The figures that were missing from various areas may have been removed to be worked on.
I've seen this happen in the past, and on other Attractions such as 'It's a Small World'.
Various dolls would come and go.
There were just a LOT that were missing this time on 'Splash Mountain' that it was rather noticable...more then I've seen previously.

It's good that they are being worked on if that is the case, but it makes some scenes not really make a whole lot of sense ( missing Brer' Rabbit in introduction scene, missing 'hichhiking' gator, etc. ).

-

mickEblu

Well no, the LEDs would only improve the longevity of the interior lighting.
It looks like a scene or two are already upgraded to LEDs ...the colorful lighting in the main Laughin' Place scene comes to mind.

The figures that were missing from various areas were likely removed to be worked on.
I've seen this happen in the past, and on other Attractions such as 'It's a Small World'.
There were just a LOT that were missing this time...more then I've seen previously.
It's good that they are being woken on if that is the case, but it makes some scenes not really make a whole lot of sense ( missing Brer' Rabbit in introduction scene, missing 'hichhiking' gator, etc. )

-

Yeah I figured, the lighting being fixed would be a good start. I wonder though, what excuse do they have for the AAs going down so often if they have nothing to do with Fall safety protection? Or maybe they do and I misunderstood that only the poor lighting is related to that issue.

EDIT: Nevermind, went back to your first response and saw you said it would be nice if they at 'least upgraded the lighting." My bad. Been a long day.

I think they should just do a proper refurb and 'permanently' fix the AA issues and lighting issues at the same time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

The ROA wall has grown substantially over the past few weeks, blocking the ground level view of TSI. Once the large show buildings go up we won't have much to see from Mickey & Friends.

D

Deleted member 107043

Bizarre to see Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn from the Pinocchio parking lot. Someone took down a tree.
IMG_20161005_154920_zpsw0wsx5jw.jpg

It's actually kind of cool. I bet you had views like that of the Matterhorn from that spot back in the 60s before the foliage around the park fully matured.

Phroobar

I'm trying to remember what was in this location back in the 70's. I believe it was the RV camp grounds next to the DL Hotel. There would have been a large fence and lots of trees. I don't know if you could see the Matterhorn from there.

I remember as a kid we knew we were close to Disneyland because we could see the Matterhorn from the 22 freeway. That is when we knew to get off at Harbor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom