News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

So would Alcatraz still be 1500 riders per hour with the elevators and having people get out of ride vehicles multiple times? This is starting to sound like 500 riders per hour.

I love the ambition, but I think the idea of having riders getting out of the vehicles multiple times will get canned or maybe scaled down to one time. I really like the idea of an attraction with multiple levels. Sounds unique. Another One of those cool Disneyland things that is born out of necessity like the HM elevator or drops on pirates. Trackless vehicles unable to go uphill + Disneys ambition to make this the biggest E ticket ever without taking too much of the 14 acres = elevator ride for trackless vehicles and a multi level attraction.

NobodyElse

The latest Miceage Update just went online tonight, and it kind of blows my mind about how they are going to operate these Star Wars E Tickets.

Run, don't walk, to the Miceage Update... http://micechat.com/140271-disneyland-rumor-update-star-wars/

From that piece: "...Disneyland’s Pirates has 75 animatronic figures, but Alcatraz will have over 150 animatronic Stormtroopers alone..."

It's easier to make a convincingly realistic stormtrooper than it is a pirate (due to the helmets and armor). That's an observation, not a criticism. (Perhaps the opposite.)

mickEblu

From that piece: "...Disneyland’s Pirates has 75 animatronic figures, but Alcatraz will have over 150 animatronic Stormtroopers alone..."

It's easier to make a convincingly realistic stormtrooper than it is a pirate (due to the helmets and armor). That's an observation, not a criticism. (Perhaps the opposite.)

Good point. Regardless, it's super impressive in terms of scale/ immersion etc. 150 storm trooper AAs alone means there could easily be over 200. Not to mention the gargantuan AAs. I'm thinking AT-ATs??

britain

Sure sure, and similarly, I won't begrudge them counting the creaky back and forth skeleton in the storm scene as an animatronic. Or chickens either.

Having said that, I wonder if they're going to blow like 145 of those stormtroopers all on 1 scene...

images

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
One way i can see this to work is you get out in 1 part of the ride then there is a section that takes you away and maybe up ? then you have to get back on again ?

mickEblu

Who said they were worried about it dude? They obviously weren't as they didnt care to do a simple fact check. Not that a big of a deal. Guess the Star Wars news isn't interesting to you? This convo has gone on like 3 posts too long.

CanadianGordon

I got real excited by that description, but then again I am a fully able bodied man of a young age. How the hell would my brother, who is disabled be able to do this? Get on and off a ride? He's in a wheel chair.
What about the elderly who love Star Wars? This seems like a bloody nightmare waiting to happen.

mickEblu

I got real excited by that description, but then again I am a fully able bodied man of a young age. How the hell would my brother, who is disabled be able to do this? Get on and off a ride? He's in a wheel chair.
What about the elderly who love Star Wars? This seems like a bloody nightmare waiting to happen.

Great point. Perhaps, getting off the ride vehicle is an option and not mandatory. Maybe their will be a different experience for riders who choose to stay on through the end of the ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom