News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
The Future Expansion pad was originally mentioned as part of a Star Wars expansion, but pretty quickly got associated with Fantasyland/Frozen expansion. But this picture makes it pretty clear that the service road in the lower left corner (which serves the Fantasyland Theater and access to the back of Storybook Land) is forming the boundary to that pad. If that pad does become a part of something Fantasyland related, it will have to accommodate that access.

I *think* the Fantasyland theatre will go bye-bye and the road will actually become a guest pathway. Tunnel and all. No more silly concrete and peeling-paint land beyond the berm with a single entrance.

@GiveMeTheMusic can maybe hint if I'm way off the ball on that one.

I'm also beginning to suspect the theatre gets flattened before Star Wars opens, it just seems like they aren't quite building high enough to hide it.

i-QpHqkPq-O.png

RIP Wonderbra 2018?

GiveMeTheMusic

I *think* the Fantasyland theatre will go bye-bye and the road will actually become a guest pathway. Tunnel and all. No more silly concrete and peeling-paint land beyond the berm with a single entrance.

@GiveMeTheMusic can maybe hint if I'm way off the ball on that one.

I'm also beginning to suspect the theatre gets flattened before Star Wars opens, it just seems like they aren't quite building high enough to hide it.

i-QpHqkPq-O.png

RIP Wonderbra 2018?

I don't know the current plans for Fantasyland Theater. I'd like for it to stay and get rebuilt as an actual indoor venue (a la TDL's planned Fantasyland Theater) as I think it's important for the park to have a stage show, but I don't know.

The ultimate nightmare was a few years back when there was a proposal to replace the theater with a SDMT clone. Puke

Mike S

I don't know the current plans for Fantasyland Theater. I'd like for it to stay and get rebuilt as an actual indoor venue (a la TDL's planned Fantasyland Theater) as I think it's important for the park to have a stage show, but I don't know.

The ultimate nightmare was a few years back when there was a proposal to replace the theater with a SDMT clone. Puke
Hey, that's better than putting SDMT over Storybook Land :hungover:

mickEblu

Not that I know of. The plot isn't big enough to hold SDMT

I worry about the fate of Storybookland. 2 slow loading, low capacity attractions taking up a good chunk of real estate...

I think that what they add to the land in terms of atmosphere can't be measured.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Do you have any knowledge on what the FL expansion would consist of aside from the Frozen attraction and possibly Arendelle? Would the ride/ mini land be confined to the the expansion pad and a portion of Toontown? Without the FL theatre going away, that doesn't seem like very much room left for anything else.

GiveMeTheMusic

Do you have any knowledge on what the FL expansion would consist of aside from the Frozen attraction and possibly Arendelle? Would the ride/ mini land be confined to the the expansion pad and a portion of Toontown? Without the FL theatre going away, that doesn't seem like very much room left for anything else.

As far as I know, it's just an Arendelle expansion, but I haven't heard an update in some time so I don't know if plans have changed.

D

Deleted member 107043

As far as I know, it's just an Arendelle expansion

That's all it really needs to be I guess. That plus maybe a Beauty and The Beast addition and better cohesion between the area behind Story Book Land, Motor Boat waterway, Matterhorn and the rest of Fantasyland. The whole area is very disjointed now that I think about it.

OAN, I'm still a bit bothered that Little Mermaid ended up in Paradise Pier instead of Fantasyland.

ctrlaltdel

The latest Miceage Update just went online tonight, and it kind of blows my mind about how they are going to operate these Star Wars E Tickets.

Run, don't walk, to the Miceage Update... http://micechat.com/140271-disneyland-rumor-update-star-wars/
The Alcatraz description blew my mind. Honestly sounds like the most ambitious attraction ever attempted anywhere by anyone. It sounds like you get on and off the ride multiple times. Is that what people meant by mother of all queues? The MF attraction sounds pretty incredible as well, but pales in comparison to Alcatraz.

The capacity #s are super disappointing, though I we have heard previously that WDI had some fixes for that, don't know if that had changed at all.

Travel Junkie

Sounds amazing but an operational nightmare with guests getting out of the ride vehicles mid ride and having to get back in. Kind of ironic they dropped this update right after the premiere of WestWorld on HBO. Interactive theme parks are in our near future.

britain

WOW!

It sounds like a bunch of kids with no understanding for operations designed this thing! And I mean that in the most complimentary, Walt v. Roy way possible. It's the sort of attraction I'd draw on placemats when I was 10! And they're actually building it?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom