News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

I apologize for my average English.

After hours of analysis of photos and videos of construction, reading on forums, and hours on Photoshop, here is an instructive mass plan of the preshow phase and Loading of Star Wars : Rise Of The Resistance.

Warning : If you want to keep the surprise effect (which just looks great!), I advise you not to click. It might disappoint you. ;)

if I was wrong in some place, please let me know :
... Too late. :p

PS: This is only my view. The IRL result may be different.
View attachment 341915

underneath your picture of the hangar bay on the Star Destroyer, are the AT-AT walkers. See images.

ATATspotted.png

PB Watermelon

Last Crusade’s my favorite. Indy, Sean Connery, and a hot blonde chick? What’s not to like?

Turning Marcus into a bumbling idiot and turning Sallah -- the best and smartest excavator in Cairo in Raiders of the Lost Ark -- into something of a caricature for starters. "Your father is trapped in the belly of that steel beast!" (facepalm)

Last Crusade is sweet, it's also choppy, and Spielberg -- who had entered a kind of mojo slump after the drubbing of his brilliant Empire of the Sun -- looks like he's bored and phoning it in. That period of films -- Last Crusade, Always, Hook -- bear all the hallmarks of a guy who's lost a certain joy in his craft. By contrast, Raiders, E.T., Temple of Doom, The Color Purple, Empire of the Sun -- they feel like films made by a guy who can't wait to get back on set. I don't know what was really going on in Spielberg's life from 1988 to 1992, he started deriding himself a bit, said he felt like he was making hamburgers -- but then came 1993 (Jurassic Park, Schindler's List), and he was back on his game.

Incomudro

The problem I have with Star Wars fans who love the prequels is they refuse to admit it’s a nostalgia bias and try to sell the idea the prequels are actually good even when they very much are trash.

Also Temple of Doom is the best Indiana Jones movie (also just flat out the best movie)

My son's grew up on the prequels (they're 17 year old twins) and did love the prequels when they were younger.
Now they think the prequels are largely terrible.
Their own conclusion.

SWGalaxysEdge

I don't know what was really going on in Spielberg's life from 1988 to 1992, he started deriding himself a bit, said he felt like he was making hamburgers -- but then came 1993 (Jurassic Park, Schindler's List), and he was back on his game.

...divorce time.... "...After three and a half years of marriage, however, many of the same competing stresses of their careers caused them to divorce in 1989. They agreed to maintain homes near each other as to facilitate the shared custody and parenting of their son. Their divorce was recorded as the third most costly celebrity divorce in history...."

180º

underneath your picture of the hangar bay on the Star Destroyer, are the AT-AT walkers. See images.

View attachment 342129
This is incorrect. The AT-AT walkers are closer to the far end of the building next to the conventional elevators.

B80A6DE3-9BB1-4CB1-B02E-DE77B759FFE3.jpeg

9B80726E-E848-49CA-8087-2038F77D4EEE.jpeg

6887096E-B5E7-4EE4-B264-E347FAA9C1D8.jpeg

The area you highlighted is over the large rectangular pit. I believe that’s where the escape pods will be.

As for @remy62 , what you have lines up with some of what I see! Based on models, construction photos, and a little common sense, I definitely believe the preshow turntable is split into thirds rather than in half. Nice graphic.

SWGalaxysEdge

This is incorrect. The AT-AT walkers are closer to the far end of the building next to the conventional elevators.

View attachment 342136
View attachment 342138
View attachment 342139

The area you highlighted is over the large rectangular pit. I believe that’s where the escape pods will be.

As for @remy62 , what you have lines up with some of what I see! Based on models, construction photos, and a little common sense, I definitely believe the preshow turntable is split into thirds rather than in half. Nice graphic.

..I stand corrected - thank you!

TROR

My son's grew up on the prequels (they're 17 year old twins) and did love the prequels when they were younger.
Now they think the prequels are largely terrible.
Their own conclusion.
Pretty much the same. I loved Attack of the Clones as a child because big battle and guns go pew pew. Now that I'm an adult and have a more well rounded palette of films I enjoy I can see they're no good.

180º

..I stand corrected - thank you!
No worries! I have more geeky ramblings about the ride layout where that came from, too. I may get around to posting them soon.
Pretty much the same. I loved Attack of the Clones as a child because big battle and guns go pew pew. Now that I'm an adult and have a more well rounded palette of films I enjoy I can see they're no good.
I’ve never held the prequels to the same level as the original trilogy, and that’s only diminished further with age for AOTC and ROTS. But for some reason I’ve grown fond of The Phantom Menace. Maybe it has just the right texture/aesthetic, maybe it’s the music, maybe it’s the stuff that happens in the movie. The bones were there for an excellent film and then it suffered from a way undercooked script. I can’t really say the same for the other two, which IMO are great for world building and lore but otherwise unserviceably confused on too many narrative levels (which is also exactly how I feel about Rogue One).

Phroobar

This will make the Galaxy's Edge opening a bit more crowded...

"CELEBRATE Girl Scouts at the Disneyland Resort | Celebrations & Field Trips"
CELEBRATE Girl Scouts is an exclusive experience, only available to Girl Scouts, taking place at the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA. These Disney Youth Education Series Programs will be available to individual Scouts or Troops of all sizes and take place in the information-rich setting of either Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park. On select dates in April, May, and June of 2019. $50 per person.

Dates include June 1, 2, 8, 9, 22, 23, 29, 30
Are the cookies made from real girl scouts?

TROR

I’ve never held the prequels to the same level as the original trilogy, and that’s only diminished further with age for AOTC and ROTS. But for some reason I’ve grown fond of The Phantom Menace. Maybe it has just the right texture/aesthetic, maybe it’s the music, maybe it’s the stuff that happens in the movie. The bones were there for an excellent film and then it suffered from a way undercooked script. I can’t really say the same for the other two, which IMO are great for world building and lore but otherwise unserviceably confused on too many narrative levels (which is also exactly how I feel about Rogue One).
This is one of the best Star Wars takes I've ever read

George Lucas on a Bench

You don't dislike it because of a "more well rounded palette". You got old and can no longer find joy in things you once could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom