News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

shortstop

I've always wondered- but how much time do you spend in the park each day for a multi day trip? I've only ever done day trips, but when I go I'm there from open-close without leaving the park.

I feel like the more consecutive days one spends, the less return on investment there is since you get burned out.
Have you been to WDW? Just curious. Afternoon breaks of at least a couple hours are an absolute must on any WDW trip, IMO. I’ve done a multi day DL trip and found it best to go back to the hotel for a couple hours in the late afternoon, and head back by dinner time. You’ll run yourself into the ground if you go open to close 3+ days in a row.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've always wondered- but how much time do you spend in the park each day for a multi day trip? I've only ever done day trips, but when I go I'm there from open-close without leaving the park.

I feel like the more consecutive days one spends, the less return on investment there is since you get burned out.

Three day trips, DL for 2 days, and DCA for 1 day usually.

SuddenStorm

Have you been to WDW? Just curious. Afternoon breaks of at least a couple hours are an absolute must on any WDW trip, IMO. I’ve done a multi day DL trip and found it best to go back to the hotel for a couple hours in the late afternoon, and head back by dinner time. You’ll run yourself into the ground if you go open to close 3+ days in a row.

I haven't. Never been able to justify the cost of flying out there, paying for the hotel, plus admission merchandise and food.

Especially since I'm content with Disneyland.

RedGinger

Sounds interesting, I haven't heard these details before, maybe you have. According to DSNY Newscast, regarding interactive characters in Galaxy's Edge via makingstarwars.net:

"Disney is creating layered backstories, and ancient folklore around Black Spire Outpost and this settlement will have a colorful cast of characters.

[T]he Bounty Hunter, Harkos, that will roam around the various areas of Black Spire Outpost, but mainly the Cantina. And Harkos is known for being one of the most ferocious and albeit being grumpy bounty hunters in the galaxy, which will surely make for some funny interactions.

“[W]e now know that [Vi Moradi] she’s a female spy for the Resistance and that she was even interrogated by Captain Phasma aboard a First Order Battle Cruiser. So maybe this character will be either be part of the rumored Stunt Show within Galaxy’s Edge, as is seemingly depicted in this concept art, or maybe she’ll play an integral part of the Battle Escape attraction, as after all that adventure takes place on board of a First Order Battle Cruiser as well.

“There is Dok-Ondar, who has been depicted in various concept art over the past couple of years, and since he is a collector of things from all across the galaxy, it’s rumored that there will be some kind of trade or exchange of goods that will unlock new elements of the storytelling of Galaxy’s Edge. However, I don’t see this character being able to walk around, as we can see the extensive work that has gone into this character in this behind the scenes video, I can see this being more of a fixed location interaction with the land, where the environment will help tell the story."

mickEblu

And Brian is envious that he is not even in the right country.

It's snowing. Although I'm one of the few people happy about that.

That’s rough. No Disneyland in the country. I wonder who the APs that live in Anaheim are envious of? Everyone is envious of someone. I wonder if they take down to the street level. Like “I’m so envious of the people that live off Walnut.”

BrianLo

Original Poster
Yeah, my drive is so far I’ll never drive it again. Flying exclusively now. The drive down isn’t so bad because everyone is excited and fresh. After 5 days in the park, mental and physical exhaustion sets it, and we all but murder each other on the way home.

I also drove two years ago, nearly twice your distance... but the drive was the point, not Anaheim.

The pilgrimage from Ontario to WDW was also a thing for a lot of people.

I do the same as @Disney Irish Bruh, 3 days is just right. Albeit every 2-3 years. I find the promenade traversal irritating and have stopped buying park hoppers. 2 days in Disneyland and 1 in DCA. I know it makes me a crazy person, but last trip I actually left wanting slightly more time in DCA.

I easily get burned out if a product is not significantly refreshed between visits though. I don't think I'd like being an AP.

Old Mouseketeer

I also drove two years ago, nearly twice your distance... but the drive was the point, not Anaheim.

The pilgrimage from Ontario to WDW was also a thing for a lot of people.

I do the same as @Disney Irish Bruh, 3 days is just right. Albeit every 2-3 years. I find the promenade traversal irritating and have stopped buying park hoppers. 2 days in Disneyland and 1 in DCA. I know it makes me a crazy person, but last trip I actually left wanting slightly more time in DCA.

I easily get burned out if a product is not significantly refreshed between visits though. I don't think I'd like being an AP.

But what happened to the Toronto Disneyland project that was announced on April 1st? Or was it done in because of relocating the nude beach? LOL

toronto-disneyland-1.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I assume this is just primers? DHS' in the current state looks quite unlike Disneyland.

It would be beyond amazing if they made the same land in two different seasons. I would redact a lot of my statements regarding DHS being lazy.

Since its two different teams working on the project I would expect there to be slight differences in land coloring.

BrianLo

Original Poster
They should put plaques over the entrances to Galaxy's Edge

"Here you leave the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy and enter the world of Star Wars"

Here you leave the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy and enter the world of Star Wars: A Fantasy world with the technology of tomorrow that occurs in the yesterday.

I'm sure someone could make a clever palindrome.

At least our version ain't at Magic Kingdom and fits better at HS. Unlike Disneyland's version.

Because Buzz is a space ranger and the Muppets went to Space one time. #themes

nevol

The rocks in DHS look a lot more artificial. More alien, more star wars, higher saturation. They don't have the ROA to respect. I am interested to see how this turns out. On one hand it's cool and will look more like star wars concept art; on the other hand, it will be distracting and fake where disneyland's will better match the look of the films.

RedGinger

To me, DHS spires in this state look more like something you'd see in Pandora.

Assuming that these are works in progress, really curious is that one without the scaffolding ... is it in the completed state??? If so, way different than DL version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom