News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

shortstop

Random thought/question:
All this talk about your ride experience affecting how you’re “treated” throughout the land and such - how will this be tracked? At WDW I can easily see MagicBand technology being put to use. But we don’t currently use RFID technology for park admission. Will we be moving toward that soon? How else could the features inside the land know how we did while piloting the Falcon? MagicBand technology at DLR? Or something else?
My guess is that it’s all talk, and they won’t actually do much of this.

TP2000

Or maybe WDW will get cool MagicBand features that we won’t :confused:

It's probably all hype talk from 2015 with very little payout by 2019. But if Disney is serious (and I doubt they are) you could get all that stuff to work using the Disneyland App on your phone, no MagicBand required.

Phone Apps quickly surpassed the functionality of MagicBands by 2014 or so, which is why MagicBands were abandoned for Anaheim, Paris, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. An App on your smartphone is more interactive and has more potential for 2019-2025 than a rubber bracelet with an RFID chip in it.

Phroobar

Random thought/question:
All this talk about your ride experience affecting how you’re “treated” throughout the land and such - how will this be tracked? At WDW I can easily see MagicBand technology being put to use. But we don’t currently use RFID technology for park admission. Will we be moving toward that soon? How else could the features inside the land know how we did while piloting the Falcon? MagicBand technology at DLR? Or something else?
The Force of course.

Disney Analyst

Walt did...but he's dead so who cares, right!

And actually, you're right. This won't destroy Disneyland. Disneyland was already destroyed the moment they allowed SWL to move forward...but hey, what can you do?

I mean everything was pretty much destroyed the moment colonization of the America’s happened and indigineous people’s were slaughtered. I think Disneyland is going to be okay after SWL.

And yeah... I am being extreme to show how ridiculous i find these “Disneyland is destroyed” comments.

TROR

I mean everything was pretty much destroyed the moment colonization of the America’s happened and indigineous people’s were slaughtered. I think Disneyland is going to be okay after SWL.

And yeah... I am being extreme to show how ridiculous i find these “Disneyland is destroyed” comments.
I'd rather be living in the United States as we know with all the luxuries we have than living in a teepee and having to hunt for my food, but that's just me.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

You're right. I'm just Chicken Little-ing it over here.

Disneyland is the best its ever been and only going to be infinitely better!!!!

Phroobar

Your impression is not incorrect. There is a number of concept art Dis has released that show various different options, although we know this one at least seems to have a walk up bar and the Star Tours DJ. But a supper club has been shown (believed to be the sit down extension of the walk up bar) as well as a grill based QS. The conceit being a Pod Racing engine for the grill.

Star-Wars-Dinner-Club-concept-art.jpg

star-wars-park-12.jpg

star-wars-land-concept-art-podracer-grill.jpg

Of course, it's always hard to say if these are outdated. There are a few land concept art images that aren't exactly true to the model from that time period.
These pictures make me wonder if cast members will really be dressed up as star wars aliens or just humans in old star tours uniforms. Will they really have cast members in full makeup singing songs, serving drinks or swimming in a pool above the bar? If they do it initially, will it be that way five years from now?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

These pictures make me wonder if cast members will really be dressed up as star wars aliens or just humans in old star tours uniforms. Will they really have cast members in full makeup singing songs, serving drinks or swimming in a pool above the bar? If they do it initially, will it be that way five years from now?
I wonder what CM's will say when you try and ask them questions relating to Disneyland, like, what time the fireworks are. Will it break the immersion??

They supposedly didn't even want to allow the VISA or Coke logos in places...would they really want people discussing Peter Pan's Flight or Main St. USA?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder what CM's will say when you try and ask them questions relating to Disneyland, like, what time the fireworks are. Will it break the immersion??

Face character M&Gs play dumb when asked about meta-information. Jasmine doesn't know what a plane is -- she only knows of magic carpets as a mode of flying transportation. Most likely the CMs will point you to an out-of-character source of information, of course using two tentacles to point out the direction... using just one tentacle would be rude.

Phroobar

I fear they are taking the immersion too far. It’s fine if they want to keep the food and merch in-canon, but I don’t really care for the idea of CM cosplay. It should be consistent with the rest of Disneyland.
I can see big lines for pictures with any random CM cosplaying. They won't be able to do their job if everyone wants a picture with the bartender dressed as a Twi'lek.

nevol

I can see big lines for pictures with any random CM cosplaying. They won't be able to do their job if everyone wants a picture with the bartender dressed as a Twi'lek.
If there are hundreds of them though, the novelty would wear off and people would stop taking pictures, so I don't see that being an issue.

SSG

I took a look at the old building permits and found these. So there is dining at GE. Probably two places.

BLD2017-00975 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLDG 10010/ PKG 2 - New Commercial Construction: Construct 1 story Restaurant 15,550 s.ft and Merchandise 12,340 s.ft. Outdoor dining area 1,390 s.ft. Loading dock. 621 s.ft canopy. (29) fabric sunshade anchored to building.

BLD2017-01826 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - BLDG 10060/TSR - New Commercial Construction: Construct 1 story restaurant 16,535 and Merchandise 720 s.ft, bridge for cast members only. 496 s.ft canopy. Retaining wall 162 ln.ft. Evacuation route structure 1,365 s.ft

TP2000

They won't do that, and whatever small bits of play acting they have in June, 2019 will be long gone by October, 2020.

But Imagineering bosses will pretend all that is going to work in a real theme park to sell their project and make the payments on their Tesla. And Bob Chapek, who appears to be absolutely clueless about how theme parks work, won't know any better.

Phroobar

They won't do that, and whatever small bits of play acting they have in June, 2019 will be long gone by October, 2020.

But Imagineering bosses will pretend all that is going to work in a real theme park to sell their project and make the payments on their Tesla. And Bob Chapek, who appears to be absolutely clueless about how theme parks work, won't know any better.
Jaded much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom