News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

ogc92384092384023fi-624x351.jpg

Thu, August 30, 2018
Oga’s Cantina Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019

What happens in Oga's Cantina stays in Oga's Cantina.

SSG

The OC Register has confirmed that the Cantina will serve alcohol. From the sounds of it beer, wine, and cocktails will only be at the table-service restaurant (for now, at least), not at quick service locations. I suspect that other table-service restaurants elsewhere in the park will add at least beer and wine around the same time, but that's just a hunch.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/08/...first-time-when-star-wars-land-opens-in-2019/
Proprietary Beer

Hoth 45.jpg

Stevek

I've walked in the place plenty of times and found it completely empty.
Yeah, there are definitely times where it's pretty dead. Weekends can be a mess, later in the day gets busier and of course summer and holiday's are a challenge. That being said, it definitely has gained popularity as they've promoted it more via their exclusive tiki mugs. It's gotten to the point where they often run out of the every day mugs and don't get replacements for weeks.

D.Silentu

This sounds fun, but mandating that everyone finish their drink inside the establishment seems like a big mistake to me. Admittedly, I'm already concerned about AP's turning it into their own personal intergalactic Cheers. Bottling people inside will only compound the problem, and there will be people who are there just to see it, not drink. I don't believe it would be an issue to let people take their drinks on the road since Galaxy's Edge is a decent walk from everywhere else in the park. In any event, an alternative would be prudent to help with the inevitable crowding and prevent a visit from the Imperial fire marshal.

SSG

This sounds fun, but mandating that everyone finish their drink inside the establishment seems like a big mistake to me. Admittedly, I'm already concerned about AP's turning it into their own personal intergalactic Cheers. Bottling people inside will only compound the problem, and there will be people who are there just to see it, not drink. I don't believe it would be an issue to let people take their drinks on the road since Galaxy's Edge is a decent walk from everywhere else in the park. In any event, an alternative would be prudent to help with the inevitable crowding and prevent a visit from the Imperial fire marshal.
I think it'd be smart move have some kind pathway through Oga's so folks who just want to have a look can do so. Maybe a catwalk up above?

TP2000

Agreed. But I don't think this problem will be exclusive to just the Cantina. The entire land will suffer from these issues; every shop, every restaurant, every snack bar, every droid nook, every ride, and even the bathrooms.

The Cantina will be a big part of this problem and serving cocktails in Disneyland will add extra spice, but I honestly think it's going to be something the entire land has to deal with, especially for the first 12 months.

D.Silentu

The Cantina will be a big part of this problem and serving cocktails in Disneyland will add extra spice, but I honestly think it's going to be something the entire land has to deal with, especially for the first 12 months.
Absolutely, I just meant to state my indignation that they are inventing ways to make the problem worse.

SSG

Agreed. But I don't think this problem will be exclusive to just the Cantina. The entire land will suffer from these issues; every shop, every restaurant, every snack bar, every droid nook, every ride, and even the bathrooms.

This is not the bathroom you're looking for.

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom