News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

Agreed. I’ve said many times that it think it’s absolutely silly that they apparently paid a lot of money to not have any Coke or Visa logos in the land. Personally I’d rather see a coke logo and have a third attraction or a cooler cantina. It’s not like they re going to collect all the Mickey shirts, bubble wands and balloons at the three Star Wars Land entranced right?

I just found the outfit I'm going to wear for Star Wars Land Opening Day.

7831344-1-white

BrianLo

Original Poster
Was over ten pages behind in this thread. Just scanned through and got caught up. Confirmed I’m still deeply against this project and am convinced it’s going to not only be detrimental to Disneyland, but to America in general.

Also, I don’t care who Oga is or have any desire to visit her Cantina.

Also, I hate that this thing will be open next summer making the parks impossible to enjoy for anyone.

ALSo, @BrianLo you have a happy tree as your pic now!
At least it’s not all bad news around here! :D

Couldn’t stomach Bing Bongs debauchery any longer! Glad to deliver... I honestly didn’t even think about it being a happy tree, guess I’m secretly obsessed.

BrianLo

Original Poster
The Cantina aquarium was cut from the budget. It was replaced by Galactic Icee machines.

Cantina Artwork released by Disney in August, 2015 at D23 Expo...
starwarscantina.0.jpg

Cantina Artwork released by Disney in August, 2018 on Disney Parks Blog...
star-wars-cantina.jpg

Also notice that the proprietress "Oga" is an actress all done up by the entertainment team, but there's real CM bartenders in basic uniforms doing the real work of selling the alcoholic Icee drinks. You can see the regular bartender guy in the the middle background behind the bar. Also see the "DJ" in the booth at the left, in place of a more expensive live band like the movie Cantina had. :confused:

Technically the upfront cost for an animatronic is probably more... that’s assuming they don’t have 12 copies of Rex in storage to sub in... which is probably actually the reality.

I still think there is going to be more than one ‘thing’, so I’d wait to see cautiously. Even if that thing is behind a table service paywall.

George Lucas on a Bench

Agreed. I’ve said many times that it think it’s absolutely silly that they apparently paid a lot of money to not have any Coke or Visa logos in the land. Personally I’d rather see a coke logo and have a third attraction or a cooler cantina. It’s not like they re going to collect all the Mickey shirts, bubble wands and balloons at the three Star Wars Land entrances right?

I agree. One of my fondest memories of Star Tours was the M&M's sponsorship.

nevol

The Cantina aquarium was cut from the budget. It was replaced by Galactic Icee machines.

starwarscantina.0.jpg

star-wars-cantina.jpg

Also notice that the proprietress "Oga" is an actress all done up by the entertainment team, but there's real CM bartenders in basic uniforms doing the real work of selling the alcoholic Icee drinks. You can see the regular bartender guy in the the middle background behind the bar. Also see the "DJ" in the booth at the left, in place of a more expensive live band like the movie Cantina had. :confused:
This is probably true, but for all we know, a full table service restaurant in the land will still have a stage. And I really hope we get to see that tank behind the bar somewhere; it would be the same as the animatronic avatar in line for flight of passage. Maybe they decided they didn't need the same gag twice in orlando? (or it was cheaper to do away with)

TP2000

Why can't they do something like they did for the Coke logos in Tomorrowland?
5b0d895ce2ec6b0937241153b49252c1.jpg

Because it's technically possible for Coca-Cola to exist in the future, and on distant planets that humans will eventually visit and bring their culture to.

But Coca-Cola was invented in 1886 in Atlanta, Georgia. It's impossible for it to exist thousands of years ago in a distant galaxy far, far away from our own. Or at least that's how seriously the Imagineers are taking this new theme park land.

Although that doesn't explain why everyone in the Star Wars galaxy speaks perfect English with either middle class 20th century American accents, or upper-middle class 21st century British accents.

britain

Just remember, that as with all Disney press releases, they tend to hype up every little thing. Remember how they couldn’t stop talking about the over 200,000 variations possible on the Indiana Jones ride? I bet a lot of the interactive features and details about Galaxy’s Edge will indeed be there on opening day, but will simply be a minor part of the full textured experience.

Like about as much as how interactive the Beast’s library is compared to the rest of all of Hollywood Land.

George Lucas on a Bench

Just remember, that as with all Disney press releases, they tend to hype up every little thing. Remember how they couldn’t stop talking about the over 200,000 variations possible on the Indiana Jones ride?

I actually do remember this. What did they base that on? Getting a different door? The second time I went on the ride, I expected it to be totally different. I prefer the dinosaur ride anyway.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

starwarscantina.0.jpg

star-wars-cantina.jpg

To be fair, it does look like they could have smaller aquarium in the orb looking thing in the top of the new concept art. Also I don't think it was ever confirm that it was going to be a CM or an AA in the original concept art.

Also Rex as the DJ was always part of the experience in the Cantina. They never stated there would be a live band in the Cantina. Any live entertainment stage show is suppose to be for the table service restaurant next door.

Ismael Flores

They won't do that, and whatever small bits of play acting they have in June, 2019 will be long gone by October, 2020.

But Imagineering bosses will pretend all that is going to work in a real theme park to sell their project and make the payments on their Tesla. And Bob Chapek, who appears to be absolutely clueless about how theme parks work, won't know any better.
dont they do this whole play acting already in Knotts Berry Farm?
i was there a couple times suring the summer and they seem to handle the cosplay inghist town pretty well. guests seem to enjoy it and it doesnt seem to cause issueS with guests that dont.

i understand Star wars is more popular than western folks but it really comes down to the Castmembers knowing how to act and not alllowing thenselves to fal into the pu ture taking thing with guests.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
A different door yes, but the real variety came from randomized bumps and lurches in the jeeps.

Yeah. I know.

Which was turned off at some point because the jeeps have made the same movements for years. Each jeep was also supposed to have it's own personality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom