News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D.Silentu

I thought so too, but perhaps they are refraining to move people through the Cantina as quickly as possible. I do hope they play out those ideas in another venue.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, seems like a huge missed opportunity to not offer unique forms of popular bar food- fries, wings, chicken tenders- but with flavors remiscent of Star Wars.

I have a feeling that will change after the initial crowds die down. So a year or two into this they'll likely add some Star Wars versions of bar food.

Professortango1

Welp...there it is then...
giphy.gif

Congratulations, Bob Iger. You have successfully destroyed Disneyland. May it RIP.

Disneyland was destroyed by allowing cocktails in the park? Who knew it rested on such a precipice?

bshah365

I personally think alcohol shouldn't be contained inside the cantina but instead Galaxy's Edge. Its nice to be able to walk around with a drink and enjoy the sites and sounds of the land. I don't think drinks should be able to leave the land though... plus, what if I just want a virgin drink and don't want to be stuffed in a cramped swampy bar? How will they track what has alcohol and what doesn't... by looking at the concept art, it seems as if all drinks will be served in super cool souvenir cups compared to the traditional neon solo cup..

TROR

The cantina is a table service restaurant, Who said there would be no food?
The new family-friendly lounge will be called Oga’s Cantina and will serve themed specialty drinks for adults and kids alike. Since the Cantina and entire land are full immersion in the Star Wars universe, all available items are inspired by intergalactic adventures. The beverages will be served in unique vessels with interesting preparations (think bubbles, fog, colors, and illumination). This will be the only publically available bar in all of Disneyland, so it’s sure to be highly sought after. However, you won’t be able to order off-menu – that means if you’re looking for a vodka tonic, you’d best continue your search in another star system. Additionally, the beverages must be consumed inside the Cantina – you won’t see guests walking around with alcohol as they can do in DCA. It’s also unlikely that food will be served in the Cantina when the land opens.

britain

You’re right, I missed that. And yet insiders have plainly said the cantina is a table service restaurant. Maybe the new description is referring to the BAR as the cantina, which is technically accurate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You’re right, I missed that. And yet insiders have plainly said the cantina is a table service restaurant. Maybe the new description is referring to the BAR as the cantina, which is technically accurate.

I would guess this is most likely. Many TSs have an attached bar, and this seems like it's a description of the attached bar.

D.Silentu

To further confuse things, I was under the impression that there will be two restaurants. One for general dining and another that aspired to Blue Bayou levels, with rumors of a possible floor show. I'm afraid I can't recall where heard these ideas, if it was here or elsewhere.

BrianLo

Original Poster
To further confuse things, I was under the impression that there will be two restaurants. One for general dining and another that aspired to Blue Bayou levels, with rumors of a possible floor show. I'm afraid I can't recall where heard these ideas, if it was here or elsewhere.

Your impression is not incorrect. There is a number of concept art Dis has released that show various different options, although we know this one at least seems to have a walk up bar and the Star Tours DJ. But a supper club has been shown (believed to be the sit down extension of the walk up bar) as well as a grill based QS. The conceit being a Pod Racing engine for the grill.

Star-Wars-Dinner-Club-concept-art.jpg

star-wars-park-12.jpg

star-wars-land-concept-art-podracer-grill.jpg

Of course, it's always hard to say if these are outdated. There are a few land concept art images that aren't exactly true to the model from that time period.

dlr74

Random thought/question:
All this talk about your ride experience affecting how you’re “treated” throughout the land and such - how will this be tracked? At WDW I can easily see MagicBand technology being put to use. But we don’t currently use RFID technology for park admission. Will we be moving toward that soon? How else could the features inside the land know how we did while piloting the Falcon? MagicBand technology at DLR? Or something else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom