News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

britain

Here's hoping!

upload_2017-11-6_11-38-55.png

Ismael Flores

I just don't understand why TDO does not theme the road between the Berm and the soundstages and create an alternate path for Toy Story land from the new Grand Ave. Instead it looks like they will force people to walk thru Galaxy edge to get to Toy Storyland.

All those soundstages and the side being used for Berm could have easily been turned into an expansion of Grand Ave. Instead of huge pile of dirt with trees on it they could have built a large bunker style building that held Landscaping on the roof for Star Wars land and themed facades with an eatery for this new expanded Grand Ave. It could have also served as a third entrance into the land.

seems like such waste of land that could be used to help park flow and capacity. They could have even turned it into the Oswald lights or equivilant for the Holidays

Phroobar

I just don't understand why TDO does not theme the road between the Berm and the soundstages and create an alternate path for Toy Story land from the new Grand Ave. Instead it looks like they will force people to walk thru Galaxy edge to get to Toy Storyland.

All those soundstages and the side being used for Berm could have easily been turned into an expansion of Grand Ave. Instead of huge pile of dirt with trees on it they could have built a large bunker style building that held Landscaping on the roof for Star Wars land and themed facades with an eatery for this new expanded Grand Ave. It could have also served as a third entrance into the land.

seems like such waste of land that could be used to help park flow and capacity. They could have even turned it into the Oswald lights or equivilant for the Holidays
maxresdefault.jpg

Walt-Disney-World-Sign.jpg

BrianLo

Original Poster
So when does SWL open at DL anyway? Are thinking early spring, late spring or Summer 2019?

@marni1971 had implied targeted for late Oct 2019 in Florida. If the 6 month gap is to be believed that equates to April 2019. I've always suspected March (more for softs), but I could easily see the actual grand opening drifting to Memorial Day weekend again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Part of that backstage road is indeed going to get Toy Story theming in case they have to use it for crowd control... or maybe reopen Pixar Place path again.

That backstage road will be a main thoroughfare for support for TSMM, M&MRR, Baseline, Drive-in, and Commissary. And emergency vehicles.

And, it may be put into use as a third entrance to SWGE someday if they ever use the expansion pad.

It seems they're playing it safe keeping that area set off from the park during the initial SWGE crush.

Toy Story's main entrance is by the Chinese Theater with a nice, wide entrance. One doesn't have to go through SWGE to get there.

mickEblu

@marni1971 had implied targeted for late Oct 2019 in Florida. If the 6 month gap is to be believed that equates to April 2019. I've always suspected March (more for softs), but I could easily see the actual grand opening drifting to Memorial Day weekend again.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Glad to hear it hasn't been pushed back as far as we know.

mickEblu

So how do we get to the second floor? I thought trackless vehicles can't go uphill? I guess some sort Haunted Mansion elevator experience in the queue didn't necessarily get shot down by @marni1971 because you don't necessarily board an elevator. Riiiight Marni?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom