News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Curious Constance

Hahah is that how you get in? @TP2000 whas your favorite bottle of Scotch? (I'm anticipating not being able to afford it)

Maybe if all of us commoners pitched in, we'd be able to scrape up enough money to purchase a bottle.

Then we can show up on @TP2000 s doorstep in our Sunday's finest (or in other words clothing purchased at JCPenney's) and beg for an invitation.

Panicking yet, TP?

SSG

Oh, for gosh sakes! I don't know how many times I have to tell you people that I have excellent vision. I have no need for a monocle and my physique is not peanut-shaped! Otherwise, that's pretty accurate. :cool:

I'm afraid it's not that fancy or expensive.

For evening sipping while perusing wdwmagic.com forums, or for making a quick Rusty Nail at 5 o'clock? I stock Dewar's 12 on the bar cart in my den. For a very philosophical discussion with a good friend or family member, I keep a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue on hand. I've tried a few of the hipster high-end Scotches in the last few years, like the Macallan 18, and they are very good but I just keep going back to my old friends Dewar's and Johnny.

Disneyland connection: When Carthay Circle opened in 2012 it inspired me to ask Santa Claus for a machine that makes ice spheres using filtered water to pour that Scottish wonder over. A wonderful invention!
Have you tried Japanese whisky? A friend introduced me to Hibiki 21 not long ago and I quite enjoy it.

TP2000

Have you tried Japanese whisky? A friend introduced me to Hibiki 21 not long ago and I quite enjoy it.

I have, and it's wonderful. I depart tomorrow from LAX (pray for me) for a trip to Southeast Asia with several days in Japan as well. I will most certainly bring back a bottle or two for the collection.

Panicking yet, TP?

Enough to leave the country for awhile, yes. ;)

BrianLo

Original Poster
I have, and it's wonderful. I depart tomorrow from LAX (pray for me) for a trip to Southeast Asia with several days in Japan as well. I will most certainly bring back a bottle or two for the collection.

Enough to leave the country for awhile, yes. ;)

Feel free to hijack the thread with a trip report when you are back. Have a great time!

TP2000

Okay, all packed and ready to go. And yes, I'm wearing a Sport Coat and slacks on the plane, for those keeping score. But no necktie, unlike my avatar photo. Thank you all for the bon voyage wishes, I'll miss you guys! :)

Back to Star Wars Land construction that never stops, our favorite lady blogger has another one, this time from Toon Town. What a trooper she is during this October heat wave! Make sure to give her a "like", please.

Last edited:

SSG

Not quite GE news, but.......:

New Adventure from Star Wars: The Last Jedi Coming to Star Tours This Fall
by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

Earlier this year we told you about a thrilling new adventure coming to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will place guests in the middle of an epic battle. The action takes place on the planet of Crait, which we got our first glimpse of in the teaser trailer of Star Wars: The Last Jedi earlier this year.

EP8-FF-000021-1280.jpg

Today we’re pleased to share that this exciting new sequence, inspired by the latest film in the Star Wars saga, will debut at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 17, at Disneyland Paris November 22, and, as previously announced, at Tokyo Disneyland December 15!

mickEblu

Oh they will, at first. but then add Crait to Hoth, Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Jakku, Coruscant, Naboo, and Geonosis as random destinations. The repeatability will keep going up.

Moderate Star Wars fan here who rarely rides Star Tours. Can you please confirm if below is correct ...

Tattooine is where the pod racing happens
Hoth - icy planet but what happens in Star Tours?
Kashykk- where we see Chewbacca
Jakku - new scene from Ep 7 but I can't remember what happens?
Coruscant- city in the sky
Genosis - rainy planet?
Naboo- we go under water

I feel like I always get Coruscant and then every other scene I have gotten once with the exception of Tatooine. For reference, I've probably rode Star Tours no more than 7 times in the past 5 years.

mickEblu

There’s a Hoth scene?? Can I please get that instead of the pod racing/Coruscant next time?

You too huh? I'm not sure how random it really is. I rarely ride Star Tours and those 2 scenes are the only ones I seem to get. I only ride Star Tours with FP. Mayeb the FP side is programmed to get Coruscant and pod racing more?

SSG

Moderate Star Wars fan here who rarely rides Star Tours. Can you please confirm if below is correct ...

Tattooine is where the pod racing happens
Hoth - icy planet but what happens in Star Tours?
Kashykk- where we see Chewbacca
Jakku - new scene from Ep 7 but I can't remember what happens?
Coruscant- city in the sky
Genosis - rainy planet?
Naboo- we go under water

I feel like I always get Coruscant and then every other scene I have gotten once with the exception of Tatooine. For reference, I've probably rode Star Tours no more than 7 times in the past 5 years.

Wikipedia has a handy breakdown:

The Starspeeder almost crashes on Hoth amid a battle between Rebels and Imperial AT-ATs. After entering the combat zone against orders, an AT-AT fires at the Starspeeder, and the ship crashes in the snow, teetering on the edge of a cliff. The ship falls over the side and rides through the canyon like a luge, launching off another cliff and free-falling into a deep canyon. At the last second, R2-D2 re-engages the engines and the Starspeeder rockets back into space.

The Starspeeder reaches Tatooine and takes part in the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace, along with the duplicitous Sebulba. The Starspeeder collides with a podracer and the two become stuck together. The race concludes with the enhanced Starspeeder overtaking Sebulba, then jettisoning the podracer and flying back into space, narrowly missing the filled grandstand.

The Starspeeder lands on Kashyyyk, as Imperial jet speeders pursue Chewbacca and another Wookiee on a ornithopter vehicle through the lush forest. At one point, Chewbacca falls off from the back of his vehicle and hits the Starspeeder's windshield, before sliding off.

The Starspeeder arrives on Jakku, where it follows the Millennium Falcon (with Finn aboard) as it is pursued by TIE fighters over the desert landscape. The Starspeeder crash-lands within the remains of a Star Destroyer, where scavengers pry the Star Tours logo off the Starspeeder.

The Starspeeder arrives in the upper atmosphere of a besieged Coruscant, where the last forces of the CIS battle the Army of the Republic's Clone troopers. Buzz droids are projected at the Starspeeder, which attach themselves to the windshield, but R2 uses an electric shock to blast them off, after the buzz droids have caused severe damage to the stabilizers. The powerless Starspeeder then plummets through the planet's atmosphere and into the bustling sky traffic of the city planet. After several near misses, the Starspeeder careens to a halt on a landing platform, nearly hitting a fuel tanker before crashing into a traffic control droid.

The Starspeeder makes it to Naboo, which is under attack by the last Trade Federation armies. Three N-1 starfighters are ordered to lead the Starspeeder into a hangar bay, but are shot down by vulture droids. Another vulture droid shoots down the Starspeeder, and it plummets into the ocean of the planet and arrives near Otoh Gunga, sideswiping or smashing into Jar Jar Binks. After the Gungans order the Starspeeder to follow a ship that will lead it through the planet's core a giant carnivorous fish attacks the guide, but not before being eaten by a bigger sea creature. An even bigger sea creature then tries to eat the Starspeeder, but R2-D2 blasts it with an electric shock. The Starspeeder then surfaces, skipping off the water and into a repair hangar filled with Starfighter debris. The Starspeeder smashes into the tail of a Naboo starfighter, either shattering the windshield and angering the pit droid that falls into the cockpit, or merely breaking the tail of the starfighter, angering the pit droid, which throws gold paint at the Starspeeder and storms off.

The Starspeeder discovers the still-uncompleted Death Star orbiting Geonosis. Ambushed in the asteroid field by Boba Fett aboard the Slave I, the Starspeeder dodges laser fire and exploding asteroids before venturing into the Death Star. Escaping through a hangar bay, the Starspeeder is confronted again by the bounty hunter. Fett launches a sonic bomb, which is deflected back by a laser blast from the Starspeeder. The explosion cripples the bounty hunter, allowing the Starspeeder to jump to lightspeed. It reaches the Rebel fleet, and lands aboard a Mon Calamari cruiser, where Rebel Alliance leaders await to offer congratulations.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Wikipedia has a handy breakdown:

The Starspeeder almost crashes on Hoth amid a battle between Rebels and Imperial AT-ATs. After entering the combat zone against orders, an AT-AT fires at the Starspeeder, and the ship crashes in the snow, teetering on the edge of a cliff. The ship falls over the side and rides through the canyon like a luge, launching off another cliff and free-falling into a deep canyon. At the last second, R2-D2 re-engages the engines and the Starspeeder rockets back into space.

The Starspeeder reaches Tatooine and takes part in the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace, along with the duplicitous Sebulba. The Starspeeder collides with a podracer and the two become stuck together. The race concludes with the enhanced Starspeeder overtaking Sebulba, then jettisoning the podracer and flying back into space, narrowly missing the filled grandstand.

The Starspeeder lands on Kashyyyk, as Imperial jet speeders pursue Chewbacca and another Wookiee on a ornithopter vehicle through the lush forest. At one point, Chewbacca falls off from the back of his vehicle and hits the Starspeeder's windshield, before sliding off.
The Starspeeder arrives on Jakku, where it follows the Millennium Falcon (with Finn aboard) as it is pursued by TIE fighters over the desert landscape. The Starspeeder crash-lands within the remains of a Star Destroyer, where scavengers pry the Star Tours logo off the Starspeeder.

The Starspeeder arrives in the upper atmosphere of a besieged Coruscant, where the last forces of the CIS battle the Army of the Republic's Clone troopers. Buzz droids are projected at the Starspeeder, which attach themselves to the windshield, but R2 uses an electric shock to blast them off, after the buzz droids have caused severe damage to the stabilizers. The powerless Starspeeder then plummets through the planet's atmosphere and into the bustling sky traffic of the city planet. After several near misses, the Starspeeder careens to a halt on a landing platform, nearly hitting a fuel tanker before crashing into a traffic control droid.

The Starspeeder makes it to Naboo, which is under attack by the last Trade Federation armies. Three N-1 starfighters are ordered to lead the Starspeeder into a hangar bay, but are shot down by vulture droids. Another vulture droid shoots down the Starspeeder, and it plummets into the ocean of the planet and arrives near Otoh Gunga, sideswiping or smashing into Jar Jar Binks. After the Gungans order the Starspeeder to follow a ship that will lead it through the planet's core a giant carnivorous fish attacks the guide, but not before being eaten by a bigger sea creature. An even bigger sea creature then tries to eat the Starspeeder, but R2-D2 blasts it with an electric shock. The Starspeeder then surfaces, skipping off the water and into a repair hangar filled with Starfighter debris. The Starspeeder smashes into the tail of a Naboo starfighter, either shattering the windshield and angering the pit droid that falls into the cockpit, or merely breaking the tail of the starfighter, angering the pit droid, which throws gold paint at the Starspeeder and storms off.

The Starspeeder discovers the still-uncompleted Death Star orbiting Geonosis. Ambushed in the asteroid field by Boba Fett aboard the Slave I, the Starspeeder dodges laser fire and exploding asteroids before venturing into the Death Star. Escaping through a hangar bay, the Starspeeder is confronted again by the bounty hunter. Fett launches a sonic bomb, which is deflected back by a laser blast from the Starspeeder. The explosion cripples the bounty hunter, allowing the Starspeeder to jump to lightspeed. It reaches the Rebel fleet, and lands aboard a Mon Calamari cruiser, where Rebel Alliance leaders await to offer congratulations.

Cool thanks! I'm definitely missing out on some of these.

They need to update it with Jakku.

SSG

Cool thanks! I'm definitely missing out on some of these.

They need to update it with Jakku.
It's there: The Starspeeder arrives on Jakku, where it follows the Millennium Falcon (with Finn aboard) as it is pursued by TIE fighters over the desert landscape. The Starspeeder crash-lands within the remains of a Star Destroyer, where scavengers pry the Star Tours logo off the Starspeeder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom