News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

It's there: The Starspeeder arrives on Jakku, where it follows the Millennium Falcon (with Finn aboard) as it is pursued by TIE fighters over the desert landscape. The Starspeeder crash-lands within the remains of a Star Destroyer, where scavengers pry the Star Tours logo off the Starspeeder.

My bad. Missed it. I'm at work. I should probably work. But Im a Xenial and I don't want to.

D.Silentu

I always found a part of the Jakku scene strange. Finn appears to be flying the Millennium Falcon (it's impressive that they got John Boyega to cameo), however the character isn't a pilot. They make a point of that in the movie. I've never really been bothered by the fly by night continuity of the events we encounter, it's a necessary sin. Yet, in spite of myself, that little detail needles me every time.

Last edited:

Jones14

I always found a part of the Jakku scene strange. Finn appears to be flying the Millennium Falcon (it's impressive that they got John Boyega to cameo), however the character isn't a pilot. They make a point of that in the movie. I've never really been bothered by the fly by night continuity of the events we encounter, it's a necessary sin. Yet, in spite of myself, that little detail needles me every time.
I always took it as him being in the gunner seat, since he’s wearing the same headset that he wears in the movie.

britain

Right - and having seen more of the galaxy than Rey has, he'd be in a position to recognize an errant Star Tours ship.

AS IF ANY OF THIS NON-CANON, GREATEST-HITS, TIME-TRAVELLING STAR TOURS STUFF MATTERS.

britain

Here's another from ShesinLosAngeles:

Plus – I love this shot at the end showing how the new rockwork will blend in with Frontierland, while also serving as good way-finding wienie for those looking to know where Star Wars land is:

upload_2017-10-23_10-30-2.png

D

Deleted member 107043

Plus – I love this shot at the end showing how the new rockwork will blend in with Frontierland, while also serving as good way-finding wienie for those looking to know where Star Wars land is:

Remember when people were speculating that SW Land wouldn't be visible from other areas in the park? :D

britain

Here's a shot from the Fresh Baked guys which has me thinking:

I don't mind seeing the peaks from Toontown, but I mind seeing exposed beams. Look at the far left peak, there's no 'toothpicks' coming off of it to support scaffolding. That looks like that is the extent to which that particular peak will be covered in sculpted concrete. If so, then, well, does this mean Toontown's time is limited, or does it mean Disney simply doesn't care if you can see exposed beams from Toontown?

upload_2017-10-23_16-1-59.png

Last edited:

alias8703

I don't mind seeing the peaks from Toontown, but I mind seeing exposed beams. Look at the far left peak, there's no 'toothpicks' coming off of it to support scaffolding. That looks like that is the extent to which that particular peak will be covered in sculpted concrete. If so, then, well, does this mean Toontown's time is limited, or does it mean Disney simply doesn't care if you can see it from Toontown?

View attachment 239666

Perhaps Toontown will be evolving? If they wanted to put the Mickey ride anywhere it would make even more sense here than in DCA. This is an interesting observation though. It doesn't look like they intend to finish that side.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't mind seeing the peaks from Toontown, but I mind seeing exposed beams. Look at the far left peak, there's no 'toothpicks' coming off of it to support scaffolding. That looks like that is the extent to which that particular peak will be covered in sculpted concrete. If so, then, well, does this mean Toontown's time is limited, or does it mean Disney simply doesn't care if you can see it from Toontown?

View attachment 239666

No expense spared!

mickEblu

I don't mind seeing the peaks from Toontown, but I mind seeing exposed beams. Look at the far left peak, there's no 'toothpicks' coming off of it to support scaffolding. That looks like that is the extent to which that particular peak will be covered in sculpted concrete. If so, then, well, does this mean Toontown's time is limited, or does it mean Disney simply doesn't care if you can see exposed beams from Toontown?

View attachment 239666

I'm going with ..

A) Toontowns time is limited
B) The beams will in fact be covered in sculpted concrete. We re just not seeing something.
C) They plan to hide those beams some other way. (Some more Toontown Hills there maybe?)
D) Disney doesn't care

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh, I said far left peak. I meant far right.

I kept wondering which one on the left you meant lol. I expect the one on the right to be filled in shortly, its not finished.

I'm going with ..

B) The beams will in fact be covered in sculpted concrete. We re just not seeing something.
C) They plan to hide those beams some other way. (Some more Toontown Hills there maybe?)
D) Disney doesn't care

Its likely a combination of A and B, and maybe C.

Old Mouseketeer

I'm going with ..

D) Disney doesn't care

I think C. They may paint or wrap it like the back of Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom