News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Curious Constance

Well, thank you. I really appreciate the gentleman comment.

But there really are many gentlemen and ladies here, and we honestly know and respect and like each other after years or decades of being online. Some of us know each other from previous forums on other deceased websites that were popular in the mid 2000's or late 1990's. I date back myself, using this same TP2000 handle, to the alt.disney.disneyland Usenet days of the mid 1990's. Back when "Theme Park 2000" seemed like a cool and futuristic name to give my geeky self via a 28K dial-up modem. :rolleyes:

Exactly. We are talking about Disney theme parks here, not health care or tax code or nuclear proliferation treaties. We're all gonna be okay!

And thank you for being such a good host in this thread you started. I feel a little sheepish for starting this odd debate that has brought out some interesting emotions.

But after years of hearing these Star Wars lands were "clones" and that Disneyland's was somehow unfortunately shoehorned in and DHS's would benefit from WDW's "blessing of size" and a seemingly endless swath of swamp with which to take over, you'll have to pardon me for making mention of the growing body of evidence from aerial photographs that the exact opposite appears to be true.

The aerial photographs are not being altered or edited. The photos show exactly what is going on there on the ground, and on the ground the two projects are going to end up with noticeable differences in land use and spatial relationships. Who knew?!? :)
Theme Park 2000!!!!! All these years I never asked. Not because I wasn't curious, but because I knew it didn't really matter what it actually meant, I'd never get Toilet Paper 2000 out of my head.

TP2000

I can't remember but wasn't it @TP2000 who first heard about SWL years back at a cocktail party in Orange County?

That wasn’t me. And if it was, that cocktail party was a real blowout that I don’t remember. :hungover:

I did hear cocktail party chatter about what is now the infamous Eastern Gateway and the covert real estate deals Disney pulled off back in 2013 to get all that land. And I have a neighbor who works in TDA and offers some very funny tales of corporate silliness.

mickEblu

That wasn’t me. And if it was, that cocktail party was a real blowout that I don’t remember. :hungover:

I did hear cocktail party chatter about what is now the infamous Eastern Gateway and the covert real estate deals Disney pulled off back in 2013 to get all that land. And I have a neighbor who works in TDA and offers some very funny tales of corporate silliness.

Lol. Hmmmm. It must have been @GiveMeTheMusic then. Or maybe I'm confused and it was the eastern gateway rumors im thinking of.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

You are waaaay off in terms of how we treat each other here on this forum. We all rather like each other here and no one is trying to destroy anyone.

upload_2017-10-15_19-0-26.jpeg

Are you sure about that?

Curious Constance

I've been trying to get invited to @TP2000's cocktail parties for years. They sound "lit", as the kids say.

In my house my daughter uses the word "lit" and then my son begs her to please stop using that word.

Then I use it when speaking to my daughter to horrify her. For some reason her lingo coming out of my mouth sends an icy chill down her spine?

TP2000

I heard you need a top hat and a monocle to get in.

Oh, for gosh sakes! I don't know how many times I have to tell you people that I have excellent vision. I have no need for a monocle and my physique is not peanut-shaped! Otherwise, that's pretty accurate. :cool:

Hahah is that how you get in? @TP2000 whas your favorite bottle of Scotch? (I'm anticipating not being able to afford it)

I'm afraid it's not that fancy or expensive.

For evening sipping while perusing wdwmagic.com forums, or for making a quick Rusty Nail at 5 o'clock? I stock Dewar's 12 on the bar cart in my den. For a very philosophical discussion with a good friend or family member, I keep a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue on hand. I've tried a few of the hipster high-end Scotches in the last few years, like the Macallan 18, and they are very good but I just keep going back to my old friends Dewar's and Johnny.

Disneyland connection: When Carthay Circle opened in 2012 it inspired me to ask Santa Claus for a machine that makes ice spheres using filtered water to pour that Scottish wonder over. A wonderful invention!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom