News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

Great pic. I think this shot actually makes SWL look smaller than the direct overhead shot we are accustomed to seeing. Doesn't look as much like a "tumor" in this pic.

I was thinking the same. With ROA completed the area that SW:GE covers is more clearly defined. It's not quite as big as it looked when construction first began, but definitely huge.

TP2000

@TP2000 did you see the DHS photo update on MiceChat showing the new Grand Avenue placemaking project? This will be the street leading into SW:GE from what would be the Critter Country entrance in Anaheim You were right about the abrupt transition. Check it out:

SW:GE is beyond this gate.
DSC1442-610x407.jpg

A different angle with the Muppets Theater on the left.
DSC1446-610x407.jpg

Battle Escape is literally seperated from Grand Avenue by a construction fence.
DSC1450-610x407.jpg

I kind of like the idea of a dramatic gate at the entrance, and I appreciate that the two projects aren't exact copies. However there's no question that Disneyland's SW:GE's immediate surroundings and transitions will be much sweeter than DHS's.

Thanks, Hans! I missed that. Nice to see what's happening out there.

And with every new photo and aerial image that comes in, my initial hunch seems to be right. The DHS version is shoehorned in next to some rather awkward areas of DHS. Muppets 3D and then Star Wars! Plus an homage to "Downtown LA", because beer sales. This thing in DHS is going to be a very tight fit!

britain

We'll have to see how they shape out.
Battle Escape will indeed be a game-changer, but MF will be just an upgraded Star Tours. And as it is, I can't ride Star Tours. So, basically I get to enjoy Battle Escape...and the shops.

I'm hoping for the best, but I am concerned that with a building that looks to be as large as Pirates but will last a third as long, there will be a lot of "huge rooms" we just blow by.

mickEblu

I'm hoping for the best, but I am concerned that with a building that looks to be as large as Pirates but will last a third as long, there will be a lot of "huge rooms" we just blow by.

It would be cool if there were multiple ride paths and you didn't get to see all the sets/ scenes every time. Just the integral ones to the plot.

TP2000

Fabulous shot! A few times my plane into John Wayne has taken this approach route, but I was never quick enough to get the camera out and grab a shot. I always sit by the window, too, but I'm just too slow after the stewardess takes away my glass of Scotch for landing. :(

As a comparison, here's the latest Nearmap image that was taken about 60 days ago.

disneyland-star-wars-land-july-2017-5.jpg

BrianLo

Original Poster
Nice! Who confirmed?

It's a bit of a design necessity of the ride system they've chosen. Dispatching groups of roving vehicles need to contract and expand to keep up with the various show scenes. I think there are multiple elevators and different bays. It's the kitchen sink ride for a reason. If it logically would be something the ride should use, the answer is probably yes it does that.

I don't know if anyone has revealed definitely if it is dispatched in groups of 2, 3 or 4. I'm tending towards 3's as no one has raved about capacity.

BrianLo

Original Poster
There remains a ton of under-utilized space upfront in DL. Could a similar smaller phase 2 attraction or show actually be squeezed in there in comparison to DHS' known expansion pad?

It doesn't look big until you realize a show building 3x the size of Pooh could actually be placed there.

23826024838_2a518a519e_o.jpg

23826024658_0bf343d86b_o.png

Until then it will continue to be a football field sized slow reveal... the source of much WDW fanboi angst and DL fanboi gloating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom