News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wonder what that blue milk is going to taste like and what the base will be? Water isn't thick enough. I don't think they ll use regular milk and a lot of folks have allergies to nuts so no nut milks. Rice milk?

While I didn't go to D23 they did have samples of Blue Milk (they called it Sky Milk), from what I heard it was just vanilla based milk shake with blue food coloring.

I expect for SWL:GE it'll be something like this at night and similar milk shake based one during the day:

https://d23.com/bantha-milk-hot-cocoa/

And I'm sure for the dairy sensitive they'll have a yogurt based or some other type of alternative.

Practical Pig

I don't think blue bantha milk should taste like cow's milk, but I expect that's what they'll use as a base. Unless they concoct some cheaper "better living though chemistry" beverage. Online fan blue milk creations usually add some other flavor additives and sugar, besides the blue dye. I've also seen a recipe that's basically just milk and a powdered blue fruit punch mix.

But I might just try this one at home:

THE BLUE MILK OF TATOOINE COCKTAIL
2 oz Beefeater 24 gin
1 oz Coconut cream
1⁄2 oz Blue curaçao
1⁄2 oz Giffard vanilla syrup
1⁄2 oz Orgeat Syrup
3⁄4 oz Pineapple juice
3⁄4 oz lime juice

Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice.
Shake, and strain into a milk bottle or Collins glass.

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/blue-milk-of-tatooine/

mickEblu

While I didn't go to D23 they did have samples of Blue Milk (they called it Sky Milk), from what I heard it was just vanilla based milk shake with blue food coloring.

I expect for SWL:GE it'll be something like this at night and similar milk shake based one during the day:

https://d23.com/bantha-milk-hot-cocoa/

And I'm sure for the dairy sensitive they'll have a yogurt based or some other type of alternative.

No rum? Whiskey?

mickEblu

There was no mention of alcohol versions of Blue Milk in any of the canon that I know of, that is a fan boy made up thing but I could be wrong.

If alcohol is allowed I would expect other types of drinks but not Blue Milk.

Ya good point. Blue Milk has to be the Butterbeer swatter.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ya good point. Blue Milk has to be the Butterbeer swatter.

The difference though is that Butterbeer in the books and movies is assumed to be alcohol. Universal (with J.K.'s blessing) decided to make it non-alcoholic instead to allow little wizards to drink it and be family-friendly.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why couldn't they have offered both?

Why couldn't Universal offer both? I don't know, that was something Universal decided. I'm sure they could have, but probably wants to come off as being more family-friendly with an iconic drink.

I've never been but I understand they offer other alcoholic drinks like Wizards Brew.

mickEblu

Why couldn't Universal offer both? I don't know, that was something Universal decided. I'm sure they could have, but probably wants to come off as being more family-friendly with an iconic drink.

I've never been but I understand they offer other alcoholic drinks like Wizards Brew.

Yeah Universal. It seems like they could have at least offered it with alcohol at the bar. Anyway, not like I care. Nothing can save that horrid beverage.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah Universal. It seems like they could have at least offered it with alcohol at the bar. Anyway, not like I care. Nothing can save that horrid beverage.

Like I said I've never been so never tasted it. I'm not a Potterhead, even though I've seen all the movies, so it never appealed to me to go. I'm sure I'll make it eventually, especially if I finally make my first trip to Orlando for WDW. I'm sure it tastes like butterscotch and cream soda, as has been described by fans I know, both of which I don't like.

mickEblu

Like I said I've never been so never tasted it. I'm not a Potterhead, even though I've seen all the movies, so it never appealed to me to go. I'm sure I'll make it eventually, especially if I finally make my first trip to Orlando for WDW. I'm sure it tastes like butterscotch and cream soda, as has been described by fans I know, both of which I don't like.

Yeah that's an accurate description. Just think that plus 47 spoons of sugar.

TP2000

When I went to Universal Studios, I was served a Butterbeer with a shot of Fireball spiced whiskey in it. It was a chilly day, and it hit the spot. I wouldn't drink those regularly, far too sweet, but it was a fun theme park drink for sure.

jaxonp

When I went to Universal Studios, I was served a Butterbeer with a shot of Fireball spiced whiskey in it. It was a chilly day, and it hit the spot. I wouldn't drink those regularly, far too sweet, but it was a fun theme park drink for sure.

I was gonna say, you can get butter beer with alcohol at uni in a few places.

D

Deleted member 107043

@TP2000 did you see the DHS photo update on MiceChat showing the new Grand Avenue placemaking project? This will be the street leading into SW:GE from what would be the Critter Country entrance in Anaheim You were right about the abrupt transition. Check it out:

SW:GE is beyond this gate.
DSC1442-610x407.jpg

A different angle with the Muppets Theater on the left.
DSC1446-610x407.jpg

Battle Escape is literally seperated from Grand Avenue by a construction fence.
DSC1450-610x407.jpg

I kind of like the idea of a dramatic gate at the entrance, and I appreciate that the two projects aren't exact copies. However there's no question that Disneyland's SW:GE's immediate surroundings and transitions will be much sweeter than DHS's.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@TP2000 did you see the DHS photo update on MiceChat showing the new Grand Avenue placemaking project? This will be the street leading into SW:GE from what would be the Critter Country entrance in Anaheim You were right about the abrupt transition. Check it out:

It will be an L.A. street going into a typical L.A. tunnel... what's so abrupt about that?

jmuboy

Off topic I know ....
but on my bi--annual wdw trip now ( I live on the easy coast but prefer DL)

And wow. DHS is a thematic and physical mess right now. DCA = plastic surgery success story. Based on what I see DHS in 24 months will equal - Kenny Rogers after plastic surgery. A lot of work and money. But not sure it's gonna be all that great.

So many random nooks and corners will be left untouched and definitely seem out of place.

My immediate ideas would be to level the Indy stunt show, Backlot Express and Star Tours. Open a version of the Indy theme area from TDS on this newly freed up land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom