News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

britain

Ah I see. That makes a lot of sense. Didn't think much of the Falcon ride before, and I don't know how the ride will be, honestly, but these queue layouts are pretty interesting imo and explain a lot that I didn't understand.
Thanks - to be sure, these are just my guesses based on what's been shared here by the insiders. I have no personal knowledge of how it's going to work myself.

jaxonp

Does anyone know which ride is being marketed as the main attraction to this land or are they planned to share that title?

Old Mouseketeer

Does anyone know which ride is being marketed as the main attraction to this land or are they planned to share that title?

From what I've heard, they're both E-ticket rides. Battle Escape/Alcatraz is supposed to be the new giant killer, supplanting Harry Potter. I was told Disney is throwing everything it has into this attraction. But the more exciting is supposed to be Millenium Falcon/Big Bird. Allegedly it is a cross between Star Tours and Soarin' with interactivity (the kind Mission: Space only pretends to have).

There are probably others here with more insight.

jaxonp

From what I've heard, they're both E-ticket rides. Battle Escape/Alcatraz is supposed to be the new giant killer, supplanting Harry Potter. I was told Disney is throwing everything it has into this attraction. But the more exciting is supposed to be Millenium Falcon/Big Bird. Allegedly it is a cross between Star Tours and Soarin' with interactivity (the kind Mission: Space only pretends to have).

There are probably others here with more insight.

The way you describe BiG Bird is the way FOP is described.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Alrighty then, @JediMasterMatt or @marni1971 - Is this closer? A layout of everything after the first queue split and pre-show. It relies on a few clusters of cargo blocking views (with mirrors right behind them).

View attachment 236617

I'd hazard a bit too much is duplicated, the final split could be just before the cockpit even. The other thing I'd hazard is one platform turns clockwise, the other counter-clockwise to make the exit another duplicate.

BrianLo

Original Poster
The way you describe BiG Bird is the way FOP is described.

I think that's fair in a sense... On paper FOP is nothing more than a souped up Soarin'. On paper MF is nothing more than a souped up Star Tours.

I think it will ultimately become the sum of its parts and like Flight of Passage be superior to how it sounds on paper.

Fans of classic Disney dark rides will be blown away by Battle Escape, but I wouldn't be surprised if the general public thinks Millennium Falcon is the superior ride... even if we know better.

It's not a bad situation to have.

britain

I think that's fair in a sense... On paper FOP is nothing more than a souped up Soarin'. On paper MF is nothing more than a souped up Star Tours.

I think it will ultimately become the sum of its parts and like Flight of Passage be superior to how it sounds on paper.

Fans of classic Disney dark rides will be blown away by Battle Escape, but I wouldn't be surprised if the general public thinks Millennium Falcon is the superior ride... even if we know better.

Come for the Millennium Falcon, stay for the Battle Escape. :)

jaxonp

Regardless, it sounds like we will have two winners on our hands. FOP is an incredible experience. Just image the wait times if these rides come close or lets hope better than FOP and then add in the Star Wars theme... Mind blown. Thankfully FOP didn't disappoint...as it's been a long long time since a Disney attraction has made me say wow. Probably since TOT in the 90s.

mickEblu

Regardless, it sounds like we will have two winners on our hands. FOP is an incredible experience. Just image the wait times if these rides come close or lets hope better than FOP and then add in the Star Wars theme... Mind blown. Thankfully FOP didn't disappoint...as it's been a long long time since a Disney attraction has made me say wow. Probably since TOT in the 90s.

How bout Indy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom