News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

FerretAfros

Curious Constance

If you guys have not checked out the Shanghai section of the msg board, you really should. Some amazing videos...their Pirates is off the hook spectacular and may give us some insight to what we'll be getting in "The Star Wars Experience."
Are you prepared to deal with my hyperness if I get anymore excited?

D

Deleted member 107043

Just took a look at some of the videos over in the Shanghai threads and bravo Disney for re-inventing the magic kingdom concept. Other than the castle centerpiece SDL is a radical departure from previous magic kingdoms in just about every way possible. Throughout the resort's development I didn't see much that I found compelling, and I'm sure it isn't completely flawless, but now that we're seeing previews I'm backpedaling fast.

mickEblu

Just took a look at some of the videos over in the Shanghai threads and bravo Disney for re-inventing the magic kingdom concept. Other than the castle centerpiece SDL is a radical departure from previous magic kingdoms in just about every way possible. Throughout the resort's development I didn't see much that I found compelling, and I'm sure it isn't completely flawless, but now that we're seeing previews I'm backpedaling fast.

I agree. I'm loving what i see in the Tron, POTC and Pan videos. I haven't seen any video or pics of the gardens of imagination but I love the concept.

Phroobar

Are you prepared to deal with my hyperness if I get anymore excited?
Premiere+Paramount+Pictures+Marvel+Thor+Red+aMx-Dhsmvktl.jpg

Curious Constance

If you guys have not checked out the Shanghai section of the msg board, you really should. Some amazing videos...their Pirates is off the hook spectacular and may give us some insight to what we'll be getting in "The Star Wars Experience."
Just watched the Pirates video, it's amazingly amazing. If that's the kind of thing we'll be getting in Star Wars, you'll never be able to get me to leave.

Phroobar

The pirates thing reminds me of rumors of the Avatar boat ride. Are they still doing that ride or will it be just a themed version of Soaring?

BrianLo

Original Poster
The pirates thing reminds me of rumors of the Avatar boat ride. Are they still doing that ride or will it be just a themed version of Soaring?

Yes - except flipped on its head. Soaring will be the E ticket and the boat will be the D ticket (I'd label it a D+). Both will be very 'plussed'.

I don't think the Avatar E ticket is going to make people's top 5 dark ride list worldwide, although it may every well be a top ten (and certainly there won't be silly arguements about is it or isn't it an E ticket). It'll probably be a top five ride at WDW on the other hand.

Bringing it back - Star Wars is going to have at least one of their E ticket's that people may very well consider the best ride in the world (and certainly in good company of Mystic Manor, Forbidden Journey, JTTCOTE, RSR and the new PoTC). I personally think it's going to be the Battle attraction, but maybe both will qualify.

Curious Constance

Bringing it back - Star Wars is going to have at least one of their E ticket's that people may very well consider the best ride in the world (and certainly in good company of Mystic Manor, Forbidden Journey, JTTCOTE, RSR and the new PoTC). I personally think it's going to be the Battle attraction, but maybe both will qualify.
SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!

Phroobar

Some construction news for you. I went to my kid's school open house and meet up with one of the parents of my daughter's friends. He is one of the contractors working on Star Wars land. He says permitting is getting finished up in June. The construction contract is for four years and will be completed to go with Episode 9.

Here is the best part. He the did a remote terminal session into his work computer and showed me the overall land plans. It is very similar to the micechat map except with more detail like the location of two life size A-wings, an X-wing and of course the Falcon. He showed how the river is being moved and how the train will realign.

Interesting also was that expansion pad next to toon town is marked on his map as the Frozen show building. It seem that building will be built at the same time as SWL. The entrance seems to be about where Mickey's house is now. Its unknown if the ride will open before or after SWL. There are no plans on this map for BatB ride or restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom