News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

Basically, yes.

Hard to believe that in a couple of years it'll look like this:

o0snuv-b88612868z.120160111071638000g8qe7759.80.jpg

Couple years? If the DLRR is back up and running in early 2017 shouldn't it be done by then?

TP2000

The Miceage Updates when they broke the big news with that nifty map said the River and Railroad would be down for about 16 months, with Fantasmic! closed for 18 months. The closure began in January.

That puts the timeline at May 2017 for River/Railroad and July 2017 for Fantasmic.

Curious Constance

If that's really the only difference there will be in the river, I find it so hard to believe anyone would be upset by the change to the river specifically. You can be against Star Wars all you want, but the changes to the river are a net bonus. Especially with all the plussing they are doing with adding the waterfalls, train actually riding over the water, etc. Do you remember the view before this? It wasn't great, not by a long shot.

mickEblu

The Miceage Updates when they broke the big news with that nifty map said the River and Railroad would be down for about 16 months, with Fantasmic! closed for 18 months. The closure began in January.

That puts the timeline at May 2017 for River/Railroad and July 2017 for Fantasmic.

If they can get that north end of the ROA looking like the concept art a year from now that would be awesome.

dweezil78

I wonder how they are going to get the sunbeams to shine down on the river like that?

The park is going to be encased in a multi-faceted prism dome for this effect. Unfortunately, it is very likely most guests will catch fire at some point during the day and burn like ants under a magnifying glass... so make sure you load up on that sunscreen!

Curious Constance

The park is going to be encased in a multi-faceted prism dome for this effect. Unfortunately, it is very likely most guests will catch fire at some point during the day and burn like ants under a magnifying glass... so make sure you load up on that sunscreen!

LOL As long as it looks good, I could care less about guests catching fire.

NobodyElse

A similar concept seemed to be employed by the Vdara Hotel.
'Death Ray' at Vegas Hotel Pool...

mickEblu

Oh, yeah. Obviously it wasn't always that way though. Over the years it became overgrown. One of the benefits of the SW expansion will be the fresh new landscaping and sweeping views of the ROA from the DLRR.

Ok what gives? I always had the impression you were way older judging by some of your posts describing vintage Disneyland. Yet the other day I saw a picture of you in some thread where you introduce yourself and you look like your in your late 30s. Good genes? Is that not you? Lol

D

Deleted member 107043

Ok what gives? I always had the impression you were way older judging by some of your posts describing vintage Disneyland. Yet the other day I saw a picture of you in some thread where you introduce yourself and you look like your in your late 30s. Good genes? Is that not you? Lol

I'm half a hundred. Good genes? Probably.

Thank you by the way. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom