News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Rich T

Does Frozen lend itself to a fast moving trackless ride or a more slow moving experience?
It actually lends itself to a complete reskin of the Matterhorn Bobsleds -- Oh, cripes, I hope I didn't just give anyone at Team Disney any ideas...

D

Deleted member 107043

Really can't see them sticking another slow moving boat ride in such close proximity to Small World.

Does DLR need a slow moving boat ride or something more like Pirates at SDL? Between the Jungle Cruise, Submarines, Pirates, The Canal Boats, Small World, and the ROA flotilla I think the resort has more than enough of the slow boat experiences.

dweezil78

Does DLR need a slow moving boat ride or something more like Pirates at SDL? Between the Jungle Cruise, Submarines, Pirates, The Canal Boats, Small World, and the ROA flotilla I think the resort has more than enough of the slow boat experiences.

Ah.. good call on all those others, totally forgot about them. The one thing they all have in common though is that they're at DL and not DCA! Pirates at SDL is still a slow moving boat ride -- it's just far more advanced than anything else we've seen. I'm all for it, as long as they put it in DCA!!! :D

D

Deleted member 107043

Ah.. good call on all those others, totally forgot about them. The one thing they all have in common though is that they're at DL and not DCA! Pirates at SDL is still a slow moving boat ride -- it's just far more advanced than anything else we've seen.

What I'm asking is with so many slow moving boat rides within a 10 minute walk across the way is there truly a need at DCA. Especially considering the high number of APs and parkhoppers and limited real estate at that park. I'd prefer that Disney look at more innovative conveyances and ride concepts and not just repeat what's been done over the past 60 years "just because". I'm well aware that I'm pretty much outside the norm with this opinion though, and I actually find DL's Pirates a bit too long and a little boring.

As for Shanghai Pirates, yeah, I guess in one way you're right, but because it crosses the line into simulator territory my impression is that it's two or three steps beyond the more traditional slow boat excursions I listed above.

Mike S

Last I heard the Frozen ride for Tokyo which would be cloned for DLR was a trackless ride (like Honey Hunt, Mystic Manor) and feel like you are gliding across the "ice" as you move from scene to scene.
Exactly the type of experience I imagined when I first thought up a Frizen ride. It just makes too much sense. All of you west coasters enjoy it and appreciate what you're getting. It could be sooooooo much worse :(

dweezil78

What I'm asking is with so many slow moving boat rides within a 10 minute walk across the way is there truly a need at DCA. Especially considering the high number of APs and parkhoppers and limited real estate at that park. I'd prefer that Disney look at more innovative conveyances and ride concepts and not just repeat what's been done over the past 60 years "just because". I'm well aware that I'm pretty much outside the norm with this opinion though, and I actually find DL's Pirates a bit too long and a little boring.

As for Shanghai Pirates, yeah, I guess in one way you're right, but because it crosses the line into simulator territory my impression is that it's two or three steps beyond the more traditional slow boat excursions I listed above.

I'm definitely not going to argue against getting an awesome high-tech ride, that's for sure! I just feel like there's very little at DCA in the way of actual high-capacity, people eating (figuratively speaking) rides that give you a chance to unwind for a few and enjoy some A/C other than theater-based shows and Little Mermaid. I feel like boat rides just happen to do a great job at accomplishing this particular task and I am also a fan of boat rides, so I've got that going for me... which is nice.

Stevek

Really can't see them sticking another slow moving boat ride in such close proximity to Small World. Between Pirates, Small World, and Splsah Mountain, Disney is doing pretty ok on water-based dark rides. It's DCA that sorely needs one! (Grizzly doesn't count!)
Unless they need a people eater. With the SW crowds coming, they need something exactly like this that's immersive (like pirates) and has a high capacity. But we'll get screens : )

dweezil78

Unless they need a people eater. With the SW crowds coming, they need something exactly like this that's immersive (like pirates) and has a high capacity. But we'll get screens : )

I'm staying optimistic that one of the two SWL attractions will be just that!

Phroobar

Seriously phruby, you're letting us down.
@phruby: This is a Rebellion isn't it? I Rebel.
@Curious Constance : We have a mission for you. A major new land is imminent and we need to know how it is constructed.
@Dr. Hans Reinhardt : Is that clear?
@phruby : Yes sir!
@yookeroo : What will you do when they catch you? What will you do when they break you? If you continue to fight, what will you... become?

I will get the plans and transfer them to @RandomPrincess so she and @TP2000 can get them back to the Rebellion.

Last edited:

yookeroo

@phruby: This is a Rebellion isn't it? I Rebel.
@Curious Constance : We have a mission for you. A major new land is imminent and we need to know how it is constructed.
@Dr. Hans Reinhardt : Is that clear?
@phruby : Yes sir!
@yookeroo : What will you do when they catch you? What will you do when they break you? If you continue to fight, what will you... become?

I will get the plans and transfer them to @RandomPrincess so she and @TP2000 can get them back to the Rebellion.

Once you get the password, stash it into a droid you trust and send it to a desert planet. That usually works.

BrianLo

Original Poster
This week's Mint Crocodile pano. They are really working on the remaining berm by trucking out the left over root systems. Biggest thing is that the Frozen show building plot is now an absolute mountain of dirt... Not sure to what end.

i-ksnmmfw-O.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom