News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

WDW's also has that awesome musty Tomorrowland FL smell which is hard to put into words, but I suspect the result of the humid FL air clashing with the always-running AC. It hits you right in the face as you enter SM on the Peoplemover.

But at DL we have the musty Disneyanna / Opera House smell and Haunted Mansion musty foyer smells. Not to mention the unmistakeable Matterhorn lift hill smell, and the old water/ chlorine smells in POTC.

dweezil78

But at DL we have the musty Disneyanna / Opera House smell and Haunted Mansion musty foyer smells. Not to mention the unmistakeable Matterhorn lift hill smell, and the old water/ chlorine smells in POTC.

This is all true! Oh how I love all those smells... The FL monorail,on the other hand, I could live without. That thing somehow manages to smell like a dirty zoo, even when completely empty.

mickEblu

This is all true! Oh how I love all those smells... The FL monorail,on the other hand, I could live without. That thing somehow manages to smell like a dirty zoo, even when completely empty.

Those smells are like half of the Disneyland experience! I haven't taken a ride on the DL monorail in a while but from what I remember ours doesn't smell all that great either!

mickEblu

Ours smells like ROSES compared to the stinkhole that is the FL monorail!!!

Lol. I need to get out to Disney World so I can start contributing to these conversations. And when I finally do, I promise a very detailed analysis from a long time Disneylander including comparisons of all the same attractions on both coasts. I only hope that I get to ride DHS' TOT in case that awful rumor comes true.

Old Mouseketeer

WDW SM follows the same track layout as the Matterhorn except it is freestanding in a room. That makes it easier to replace but WDW doesn't care to do a real track replacement.

Absolutely incorrect. Matterhorn has two distinctly different track layouts. WDW SM's tracks are mirror images of each other and only cross over to the other side for one pass.

TP2000

Mint Crocodile has pics up from this morning, taken in between rain showers.

The maintenance buildings that remained have all been demolished now! This is north of the Hungry Bear Restaurant and Winnie The Pooh ride.
i-hpbBs7V-O.png

More grading and clearing.
i-LVZNNnC-XL.png

Here's the "Expansion Area" east of Star Wars Land, where Frozen and Fantasyland Expansion is rumored to go.
i-LzQvskL-XL.png

And the big panorama shot. Notice all the buildings on the right that are suddenly gone.
i-CCPqBrN-O.png

Much more at Mr. Crocodile's latest blog. http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/

Phroobar

Too bad they don't continue and demolish the Pooh bear building and build a bigger trackless version that would leave Tokyo in the dust. How much could an extra 10k sqft addition cost?

Curious Constance

So was the original route the route the large white truck is taking, and the little black golf cart is taking the new shorter route? Is that what everyone else gets out of this?

dweezil78

So was the original route the route the large white truck is taking, and the little black golf cart is taking the new shorter route? Is that what everyone else gets out of this?

So what you're trying to say is... RUMOR: Mark Twain and Columbia to be replaced by a white truck and little black golf cart! DAMN YOU DISNEY

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom