News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

Yeah, but we still have a decaying Skyway terminal and the awkward unthemed Motorboat Cruise landing/smoking pier. Oh, and the glorious Six Flags Fantasyland Theater. :oops:

NobodyElse

Trust me. Six Flags doesn't have anything that nice.

For some reason this came to mind...

puppet_show_and_spinal_tap.jpg

Mike S

I've always thought we'd be able to keep Toontown with our Fantasyland Expansion. However, if we don't, definitely not a big deal considering what other insiders have said is on the way. Apparently we will be receiving both the Frozen and BatB trackless dark rides. Clones from Tokyo. No way we can go wrong with that.
I've asked and 74 said only Frozen.

Nland316

I've asked and 74 said only Frozen.
yeah I saw that, but have also seen other insiders mention the BatB attraction also. I guess as of now Frozen is our most probable bet. In any case, I picture Frozen taking over the Motorboat Cruise area, with bits of Autopia. If BatB comes as well, its only fitting to replace Toontown/Fantasyland theater.

TP2000

I've always thought we'd be able to keep Toontown with our Fantasyland Expansion. However, if we don't, definitely not a big deal considering what other insiders have said is on the way. Apparently we will be receiving both the Frozen and BatB trackless dark rides. Clones from Tokyo. No way we can go wrong with that.

Well, that would be nice. But who is saying that? A reliable source?

Kman101

With B&TB, I can't see Disneyland also getting it. I think it even says "exclusive to Tokyo" so they must have some sort of exlusivity on it, for however long.

Frozen makes the most sense for the Fantasyland expansion, JMO. I could see it being what shoves ToonTown out. At least it would be a full land, in the right area. Even though I don't think "Frozen Land" and "Star Wars Land" are the right ways to enhance this park, even if I don't mind the IPs getting lands and attractions. Variety in the expansion would be better.

Rich T

If mostly leaves Roger intact that would be fine by me. Or they could bring him to Florida CoP style. That would be ok too ;)
I'd rather have Zootopia with Roger turned into a ZPD cop car chase ride than Frozen Land....but Arendelle would be much easier to pull off. BUT, if Roger Rabbit stays with a mini-Toontown, I have no problem at all with Frozen.

mickEblu

I haven't heard of a single iteration of expansion plans where Toontown stays as is. It will either be completely eliminated or mostly eliminated to make room for Arendelle.

In the iterations where Toontown is not completely eliminated, does Roger Rabbit survive? I think that's its location could and should be its savior.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I haven't heard of a single iteration of expansion plans where Toontown stays as is. It will either be completely eliminated or mostly eliminated to make room for Arendelle.

True. I think the expansion pad people pointed out up thread is for more Star Wars eventually.

It would be operationally nice if Arrendale and Star Wars connected and the outside ring becomes a full thing.

D

Deleted member 107043

Gosh, if this is true my prayers, dreams, wishes, and hopes will come true. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a smash at the box office, and even though Cartoon Spin is a fun ride to me the IP was never marketable for a DL expansion. I really do hope this happens, and please blow up Tomorrowland after that!

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

I was told of one plan where Roger was the sole survivor, but I wouldn't count on it. It's likely, in my estimation, that Toontown is completely removed.

That's too bad. But at least there is a chance. I guess they would have to get a little creative on how to make sense of Roger Rabbit meshing with whatever the plans are for back there. But it could be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom